Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Vikar Jerome posted:

lots of yakuza games coming and we have to call them like a dragon now

Yeah what's up with that name now - I thought LAD would be for turn-based stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Should I resume my yak lad playthrough.... hmmm too many games!!!

I still have yet to beat Kiwami 2 and Judgement...haven't even looked at, uh, Judgement 2, whatever it's called

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

More games should allow dropkicking teens tbh

It's fine though, they got up afterwards with no injuries and offered apologies with, like, a donut or something

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nobody wants this it sucked bad

Nah man it's fine aiming is on the left joystick and Y-axis is permanently inverted this is totally fine.

Best part of that game was fully upgrading Akiyama into an absolute zombie murder machine.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

watching skill up’s forspoken preview and I actually really like the combat graphics and environmental design (that huge stone arch is a lovely piece of scenery), but his evasiveness about anything that involves plot or dialogue is ominous and the gameplay itself looks an awful lot like open world icon hunting

His evasiveness? He didn't have any plot or dialogue to experience, unless you mean the talking cuff, which he mentions as being annoying as hell.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I purchased Hardspace on Steam and played through it, once it goes on sale on PS I am definitely going to get it again. Such a cool game, you feel like such a badass after going from this huge hulk of a ship to basically its skeleton and not detonating hidden canisters or frozen canisters or loving up the reactor etc.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

For those having issue with quasar engines, there's a somewhat safer way to do things that won't end up with engines exploding: use a coolant canister from the side of the engine to freeze the fuel lines before you pull the thing out that's blocking access to the shut off valve.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

haveblue posted:

How do you use coolant canisters to cool things? The only things I've found to do with them are a) collect them and remove them from the world b) yeet them off into space c) get sprayed by a ruptured one and die. And yeeting them at the burning pipes doesn't seem to do anything

Keep it a decent distance away from you, slam it on something a few times to get it to start spraying everywhere, bring it close to the fuel line connectors. Do this before the pipes are burning.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I've been playing Scarlet Nexus lately and been finding it surprisingly enjoyable. I thought it'd be a fairly simple action RPG with an anime plot with psychic powers all over the place, but the combat gives you a ton of options to play with and the story gets bonkers in interesting ways. My only complaint is that there are two storylines to play through, but while they each experience their own stuff, they (the characters, that is) share information with each other so I don't think playing through the other one will give any interesting revelations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

acksplode posted:

Tunic is up on the PSN store. It's a contender for my not-elden-ring GOTY

ohhh poo poo. And here I am going on a trip on Thursday, drat! Been looking forward to playing this on PS for a while

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think it would be a bad streaming game imho

I agree. It's 95% text with voice acting so the majority of the game would you be waiting for voices to talk. The choices and results could be fun to see, but it is far, far from watchable, I'd think.

An incredible game though, you should still play it if you haven't Veeg.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My issue with Disco Elysium is that I want to play it again to see some other lines of dialogue about stuff like if you're a different kind of cop but I'm going to want to do everything else all over again, even if it doesn't really change, and I don't have time for that.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

fr fr, i dont care about any of thoes tumblr/twitter freaks and i just enjoy the good games. feels good!!!

Good lord if I let fans of games get in my way of playing games I'd never play any games.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

acksplode posted:

Hell yes. I've been waiting for someone to hit this point, that's where I got hooked too. I love a game that trusts the player to figure things out while balancing carefully to ensure that experience is fun, and Tunic is one of the finest examples I can come up with. And it still has tricks up its sleeve, your jaw is gonna drop a few more times. That manual is gonna stick in my mind forever. I really wish the publisher would sell it as official merch, I'd buy a copy in a heartbeat.

I just found out what to do with the coins from a manual, was a very 'loving of course' moment for me.

Also, regarding the language (I don't know if the game ever tells you this but I did a little spoil for myself an looked it up): it's translatable. Certain lines represent vowel sounds and certain lines represent consonants, which is really cool. Haven't translated anything beyond the basic menu messages like "Found an item!", in order to save myself from potential spoilers, but I'm looking forward to checking out everything in english once I beat the game

Really loving the game, every new secret, both regarding the world and also the mechanics of the game, is so cool to discover

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

Ok GreedFall you win, I quit.

Just a boring-rear end game that promised a fun piratey RPG that ends up being a lot of running back and forth through samey brown cities to talk to people back-and-forth until the quest is resolved with no real decision points besides "do you do the quest?" along with combat against all of 2 enemy types (bears and bandits) in the first ten hours of the game.

Even if it did get better, it just isn't worth it. You fooled me, Spiders, but never again.

The tricorn hat on the cover may present a piratey adventure, but there is zero pirate-related antics in the game.

But yeah it basically plays like a bioware-level game but without the budget so it lacks polish in a lot of areas, including where it counts like quest design and combat. I liked it due to my weird attraction to eurojank RPGs, but even then by the end of the game I was really looking forward to it being finished. Especially the amount of back-and-forth you need to do by using fast travel points that are just not close enough to areas of interest.

bobjr posted:

All I have to do is finish the surveys for the platinum, but I don't know how much effort that takes after beating the game.
A random amount of effort, you basically have to hope that a room that has the thing you need spawns. Though I hear the spawn rate has gotten better since i tried to do it soon after release.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

bobjr posted:

Based on the Sun Medallions I can see it having being adjusted. I got one first time in every biome, when people posting around release talked about how much more random and harder to get they were.

Those were weird for me. I ran through the game three times without seeing a single one. Then I jumped into a pit until I died, started a new run, and then I got them each run.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Ok that fight in the bottom of the Tunic Cathedral, all the waves of enemies?? Uh how do I do this. I’ve gotten to the last one a few times and succumbed. It’s loving rough.

Just did that yesterday. Minor spoilers for that fight I guess:

Start with the boss wave statue in the middle, that's the hardest one. Use a couple bombs, make sure to take care of the first one quickly, dodge slow attacks, the usual.

I don't know what I had on me but on the wave with the moblin-like fellows, I could kill them in one combo as they summoned in, so that was pretty easy as long as I didn't get blindsided by the big one.

Shoot the flyers with the, uh, fire wand thing, collect the mana, keep shooting and circling.

For the skeletons, just run around in circles until most/all are summoned, chuck a couple bombs.

Magic users are pretty easy, just keep moving, only do a couple attacks at a time.

Frog guys tend to get stunlocked pretty easy, just keep focusing one at a time or, once again, bombs.

If you need to get some mana between fights, use the equipabble that swaps your potions and chug one, don't forget about the potion status on the far right to recover everything.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I recently resubbed for PC gamepass (to play Grounded with friends) so I will likely play Plague Take on that, but drat I'd I'd not rather play it on PlayStation instead.

a PS5 fell on my skull

That's bullshit, you'd be nothing but red paste on the floor if this were true.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

Do u have a pc

Yeah it's called my playstation console

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

imhotep posted:

Where’s the shield in Tunic?? I don’t know where to go, or I get owned by the spear guy with the long robes.

In the old house (it has a bed in it), explore it thoroughly.

Jesus, don't look up guides for this game. I found an IGN page that showed where to find the shield and then in the next sentence spoiled an extremely relevant thing (do not read this if you haven't beaten the game): how to open the doors with lines on them

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 21, 2022

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

2nding this, I have an LG CX and goddamn I love my tv.

Hell yeah LG CX bros

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Mustang posted:

Anyone try the Outward Definitive edition on PS5? Thinking of grabbing it, it's always interested me and it looks like now it runs at 60 FPS on PS5?

Runs pretty well. Played a bunch of it with a friend. It's a bizarre game, and there's really nothing else like it, which makes for some really interesting situations but also clunky design choices. Keep in mind the version on PS5 is slightly reworked, so guides and such may not be accurate to certain quests, item locations, even environmental hazards.

Edit: At one point, got defeated and captured by bandits, then put to work in their base nearby. Did some quest stuff, escaped the place, but realized we left our equipment behind. Went back, purposefully got captured, had to escape again, made it out. Actually found our equipment outside where we were defeated. Well, poo poo. Picked it up, but were so close to death from wounds and the cold weather that we decided, gently caress it, hopefully a hunter will pick us up when we fall and bring us back to base.

Nope, too close to bandit base. Captured again. gently caress.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 25, 2022

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Dang I own all those Plus games already. Nioh 2 rocks, Heavenly Bodies is loving hilarious, Lego HP is eh a Lego game so it's alright.

Heavenly Bodies is real fun in coop but has an issue where when you float too far apart the camera doesn't know what to do so you both end up off the camera. It still is a lot of fun though, having someone attempting to grab a floating rail before they sail off into the abyss, hand flailing wildly.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Me: "Okay, time to finally get back into games I haven't beaten yet, time to play so-"
Playstation: "Hey look it's a bunch of games you wanted and they're all on ~sale~"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I found Witcher 1 pretty engrossing at the time - a weird, interesting world, morally grey world, and a fighting system that was just a touch more involved that isometric RPGs like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights were. Finished the game, did all the quests, quite enjoyed it.

I would absolutely not play it again today though.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

it's me, the outriders liker

I probably wouldn't recommend it to someone but

Me too. Sort of. I played the campaign with two friends after it went on a huge sale and we basically saw it as a way to chat while shooting many things and bitching about the game the whole time while lamenting the loss of Mr Chang, one of the very first NPCs you meet in the beginning that does almost immediately.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yeah, and if you like it check out their other movie The Wailing set in a tiny village in south Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43uAputjI4k

Man, Korean horror can be so weird sometimes. Currently watching this now, and it's got a great sense of creepy dread and horror but at the same time the police force of the town are like the three stooges and the main character is like someone torn out of a comedy who wakes up from nightmares flailing like a baby that's throwing a tantrum (maybe this changes further in, I'm about 45 min through)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Fix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZZlIMdavM

Upcoming rogue lite mode for Hitman 3 looks crazy good.

Rogueman 47 looks good but if I know how I play this sort of stuff I'm going to play it as someone whose entire goal is to find the good weapons to squirrel them away in my hideout forever, never taking them anywhere I could lose them.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Arist posted:

I *think* you keep weapons you buy, you only lose stuff for the current run, and only if you fail?

If you fail in a missions, you lose anything you have 'equipped', which I assume if everything you have on you in the mission.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Hopper posted:

Is it worth trying ER anyway? And if so is there a beginners guide how stats affect things etc?

There's a button you can press to see what things on a menu mean (I think it might be the touchpad, don't quote me on that). Start with whatever looks neat, you're not locked into anything but picking a class to start gets you some good equipment.

At the beginning of the game someone will tell you 'hey follow this golden light to go where you're supposed to', if you do this thinking this is the only way to go you'll likely have a rough time. That golden light is showing where an important place is, but it is not a place you must go.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

haveblue posted:

Discovering and initially protecting Ellie I guess?

They weren't (are we still spoiling this? I'm going to just in case) protecting Ellie, they were protecting a longshot cure wrapped in a murder.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Ironically Hades is one of the few roguelikes not to have 'the same scripted sequences every time'. Dialogue changes, bosses change, the NPCs you might encounter change.

Honestly it's one of the only of its genre that I can tolerate because of this.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

VideoGames posted:

LVG and I played Heavenly bodies right before Elden Ring and it was exceptionally funny. I feared for her little spaceman drifting away while she was pretty much stoic and solid flying everywhere with ease. I would just flail in one spot. It is a great coop game and added to the list of fun times playing games with someone else like It Takes Two was. :3:

Me playing this game with my gf was great, we were both terrible and I'd be spending like ten minutes trying to figure out how to get through a door, she'd zoom through but overshoot and go out the other side into space while just quietly bemoaning 'no no no no no noooooooooooooo......'

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

oh but can i have a bunch of virtual meetings using the psvr2?

Depends, you want legs or not

Sony's gotta have a VR2 Direct planned that showcases the games coming out with the system, right? Cause the only one I know of is Horizon, which looks neat but it not something I'm buying an $800 CAD system for on its own.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

bows1 posted:

and was stupid as gently caress then

Nah it was funny in its absurdity and Rick's constant desire to avoid any sort of psychoanalysis.

The fandom around it, however...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Can't wait to fight five more crystal warriors, three more trolls, six more of those tree guardian things, two more gargoyle looking motherfuckers, and like a dozen variations of 'big man with a sweeping attack'

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

i do not know what a "kids on bikes" game is but i'm assuming it's a rebooted Paperboy

Kids on bikes is a TTRPG system that's based around shows like Stranger Things - kids going on (typically) supernatural adventures in their small town.

Edit: Which is Paperboy, now that I think about it, except Paperboy has no friends to go out on adventures with so just has his job for some extra cash.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

crime fighting hog posted:

I originally thought it meant VR set use lol thank you

Every single time this is exactly how I read it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

People are such whiny losers about spoilers and assuming the world is out to get them these days that even after putting “100% SPOILER FREE” in the title of the review SkillUp still has a like 40 second section at the beginning just repeating over and over that there aren’t any spoilers

I once looked at a 'spoiler free' guide for a game recently.

The table of contents that you have to scroll through was as follows:

1. Spoiler-free tips
2. Spoiler-free guide
3. Maps
4. Tips for final boss fight against <name of final boss that is a huge spoiler>

Yeah, I can see why people are wary about declarations of 'spoiler free'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

The fact that Elizabeth and Booker were the inspiration for the Hermione and Harry Potter characters written by JK Rowling (who’s turned out to have horrendous personal opinions) is all you need to know about Bioshock Infinite.

Explain to me how a game released in 2013 was the inspiration for a series of books started in 1997