Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The year is 2022, and the only video games coming out are remakes of games that came out on the PlayStation in 1998.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
There will be a Mega Man X9 before there is a Silent Hill 5.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I know utterly nothing about Last of Us, but what on earth about that game needed multiplayer?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The seventh generation of video games was a very transitional time, and it's unfortunate that monetization and games-as-a-service is what emerged from it.

Anyway, I just want my platform that survived on the back of third-party developers with solid games and for it to forever be 1998.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

fridge corn posted:

Loving all the ppl coming out of the woodwork to ask this question

I didn't know :ohdear:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I still remember the absolute backlash against MGS2 and it took a long time for it to be rehabilitated.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I think people forget that launch PS3s came with hard drives as low as 20 GB. MGS4 on disc was larger than that.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Phenotype posted:

Ugh, my buddy was suggesting this too, but it just seems so.... idk, specific and artificial? Like, the fun of the arcade stick is because it feels like you're playing at the actual arcade with the classic controls that the developers intended. Playing on a weird box with a dozen buttons on top might actually provide more precise controls, but I dunno, it just feels wrong. That thing doesn't exist in nature, not like joysticks or even 6-button controllers, which were put on this earth by God.

Hitbox is the Dvorak of arcade sticks. They might be correct about its efficiency or benefits, but you have to relearn how to type, and the acolytes will never ever shut the gently caress up about it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Still less annoying than Smash Bros. players

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't have many recent trophies to show off :ohdear:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

FireWorksWell posted:

This was a pain in the rear end and I wish I'd looked for the BN discord sooner. About 13 hours after beating the main game, most of it trying to get Invis 3 or Howitzer H.

I'm familiar enough with Battle Network 1 and 2 that these were not difficult things to get. I fell off the wagon in the back half of Battle Network 3 in 2003 because I was just so worn out by the necessity of the Press and EngyChng programs to get through the story. People complain a lot about the second-to-last chapter of BN2, but it's just a big runaround. You don't have to handicap your setup to progress through it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's a pain in the rear end, but is made a little easier if you scored some of the gatepass keys to get to different regional squares. You still don't have to carry one or two mandatory programs in your NaviCustomizer and sacrifice battle chips of a certain element in order to play through it--you just run errands all over the Internet.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Quantum of Phallus posted:

games should be banned

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm amused that it's still possible to buy things on the PlayStation Store for my PS3, convoluted as it is now, after the outcry of Sony planning on shuttering it. Yet Nintendo gets away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I love all of my PlayStations. I need to spring for a used PSP and a PSP Vita. Maybe even a PSTV.