Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ulio posted:

Ya I would say Sekiro still has the best parry mechanic but I did like the ki system of Wulong which added a nice twist to Sekiro's posture system.
Sekiro's emblem system for special moves/tools was really bad. In Wulong you can gain positive posture which you can't in Sekiro, you can spend that posture to do special attacks and spells.

Limiting your special moves in Sekiro behind a limited resource was a bad idea, I know they later patched it to make it easier to get emblems.

But that's just a minor gripe, Sekiro imo is still one of the best games of all time, it still has the best array of boss fights in any game imo. The first time fighting the Guardian Ape then fighting him with his wife, loving poo poo was crazy.

I really need to play Sekiro again. I never really adjusted to the game. Around Guardian Ape for about 10 hours things really clicked and I enjoyed myself immensely but before and after I really struggled with things. I was thinking about doing so after I'm done with Rise of the Ronin. Game's fantastic, by the way. I highly recommend that game to anyone who wants a game with really solid combat, a cozy open world, a decent story with great characters and the best character customization system I've ever seen in a video game. I can't praise that game high enough and will cheerlead it until gets a higher playerbase!

I like it so much I even made a thread for it!

Bugblatter posted:

When Biden beat Trump, did people say "Well, things are all good now :)"

Yep. They're called liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/REBHPortal/status/1783210578422739313

I don't know, Capcom. Why do you ask?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

It's not as laughably bad as Wanted: Dead where they left in flubbed lines from the main actress and half the NPCs in the police station were text-to-speech bots.

The former was absolutely amazing. I don't think the game's all that good but that stuff just added to the weird vibe the it was going for. It's a mediocre game but I don't think I'll ever forget it because of how weird and baffling it all was.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KmNrG9pE4

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Aww yeah, that's some good news. Game has issues but I am enjoying my time with it overall. Super fun!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's a parry heavy-game, yes. It's a good middle-ground between your attacks doing decent physical damage and Sekiro-like where 95% of your damage comes from critical strikes after you wear down their poise bar.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Midnight, the post-story difficulty, is just horsehit unbalanced in the enemy's favor. It exacerbates every little problem with the enemy mechanics and AI, like some midnight bosses literally spamming 20hit combos. It can take the game from you having options for how to deal with bosses to "use every stat buff and parry everything or just die". If they hadn't locked the actual NPCs' outfits (like Sana's cute kimono) behind midnight, I wouldn't be bothering beyond doing one mission for the trophy.

Wow, I didn't know that. I was wrong, Team Ninja did solve end-game loot.

But yeah, I hope they ease that difficulty a bit. They've been tweaking everything with patches so I hold out hope they'll make that jump more gentle than being a sheer cliff.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's also compartmentalized with the map being broken up into areas that keeps track of the stuff you can do in them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, most of that stuff is from Indie developers. The issue is that they don't get a whole lot of exposure on any platform and that's been an issue for a long time. On another front, I consider a game like Rise of the Ronin to be one of those "B" games people lament aren't around anymore (Nioh and Wo Long are in this category too, in my opinion) so thank goodness for developers like Team Ninja keeping that kind of game alive. It's just that the pricing scheme is so uniform now that games from big(ger) developers are all 70$ - you simply just wouldn't see a 40-50$ game at launch from them anymore.

The games are there, it's just that it requires an unnecessary extra bit of effort to find them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Arkane Austin, the ones who developed Redfall. That's Harvey Smith's team. Arkane Lyon is the other and they're developing the Blade game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Austin was responsible for Prey and that game was incredible. A travesty, as is every studio that gets shut down by garbage corporations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I thought Fury Road was bad(rear end and amazing). Highly recommend. It's no Road Warrior, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, I fumed hard at the Odin fights but once you understand the reprisal stuff it becomes a tad bit easier. It's still hard to see in the chaos of battle but once you know what to look for you can take a quick looksee when you slow down the fight.