Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Going to spend $240 on pre-orders for 4 fighting games to get a digital collectable. Thank you sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Fortnite doesnt

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

History Comes Inside! posted:

This opinion is terrible

They are right in the 1st paragraph, but the 2nd lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

acksplode posted:

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/john-carpenter-loves-fallout-and-sonic-finds-red-dead-redemption-too-hard-3301612

He'll play Fallout 76 but not MGS. Filthy casual. Never ask your heroes what their favorite games are

:smug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I hope the CoD phone number requirements do exclude poor people. Those players are most likely to have cheap headsets or do not use background noise canceling microphones. Get them out of here.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
This would all be fixed if prices for the game were raised.

Or voice chat is only available if you buy the season pass.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
DQB1 is not a good game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Been playing a lot of Fortnite No-Build. It is very good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Fortnite runs great on the ps5

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The new fortnite "Fortnitemares" update is pretty good and hard

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
This might be the worst thread in games.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Only silent hill 1 and 2 were good and we do not need another lazy remake. It is pathetic how every moron loses their poo poo about paying $70 for another copy of a game they have bought 3 tines previously.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Losers deflecting by using the "you mad?" Pathetic.

At least with the FF7 and resident evil remakes Capcom and Square didn't just do a lazy rehash. They are unique games. You think Konami will do that?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Escobarbarian posted:

What’s up, dude? How’s it going? What you been playing atm?

HZD2, Cult of Lamb, and no-build Fortnite. Rotating by what I feel like playing. Some PC games too. Waiting for GoW2.
Had hoped Gotham Knights would be good, but looks like a turd. May get it when it is $20-$30.

What have you been playing?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

acksplode posted:

I do and that's why I'm doubtful, I don't think Konami or Bloober have the ability to make a new game that successfully channels SH2. They've both tried and failed before. It's looking like an RE2make level overhaul based on the changes to camera and combat. In fact this whole thing looks like Konami watched Capcom reinvigorate RE over the last few years and decided that's their playbook for getting back into AAA games.

If Konami and Bloober actually put out a decent reimagining instead of a graphics overhaul over outdated gameplay then great.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Escobarbarian posted:

That’s a cool list! I completed Dragon Quest 11 and started Persona 5 Royal because I am insane I think. So far I really like the visuals, the music, the ability to talk to monsters, the friendship building elements (until many of them presumably turn creepy), and the calendar structure which is literally something I’ve only seen in Tim Rogers videos about Japan-only games and never actually experienced in one myself haha

Dragon Quest 11 is such a good game. Best JRPG ever. Don't know how they top it with DQ12.

I could never get into the Persona games and the trailers and gameplay videos I watched never quite caught my attention. The calendar system is like an in-game time limit thing isntit? I hope you can continue to enjoy the game.

Are there any games made for toddlers? The grandkid is about 2 and a half and she likes to play with controllers and keyboards. She seems to be interested in trying a game of some sort.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

univbee posted:

I take you don't care about the genre?

This is a bit of a tricky needle to thread and what you most want is a consequence-free game with very simple controls where it's not really possible to get "stuck" anywhere. I tried a few different games with my son over the years. Successful games have included Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii and 3DS), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch, not the Wii U version, because the Switch version has some automatic driving options the Wii U version doesn't), and Trackmania Turbo (I think a few maps in there's one that's a little more open that the kid can just drive around in for funsies). If they start to git gud in the sense that they understand how the controller works and can understand how to do things like make jumps in platformers, you can move onto stuff like New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (has some "easy mode" selectable characters), Super Mario Odyssey, and Astro's Playroom. You can also try the various Lego games, they're usually easy once they understand a controller.

I forget I have a switch packed away. I should get that out. Thanks!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jelly posted:

I finished Tsushima and I need a new game to play but there's something broken inside me and I struggle to get interested in new games.

I was also considering buying the new Rimworld expansion (not PS5 related). I tried Returnal but it's not really clicking for me.

God of War 2 comes out in a few weeks. You could try Fortnite No-Build mode until then.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Luckily it is Xbox and pc exclusive like all other Bethesda games

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Fifteen of Many posted:

I went to play Rise of the Tomb Raider but felt like I needed to replay the reboot first since it had been like 6 years. Then I got a copy of Horizon Forbidden West and suddenly felt like I needed to replay Zero Dawn for the same reason.

A whole lot of lady-shoots-bows-and-climbs-walls in my future.

HZD2 does a recap cutscene when you boot up the game for the first time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Fifteen of Many posted:

Oh I know, I’m just broke brained.

E: sorry for the double post!

Sorry for your disability.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

the Paper posted:

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality because everyone loves GoW2018 but it felt like one of the worst games to play to me. The combat felt super clunky (main reason why I dropped it), the interaction between Kratos/Atreus was off-putting, the enemy variety was hella shallow, etc. It was pretty though and the environments looked neat. I really wish I could experience what everyone else does with that game!

I beat Deathloop since it was on the PS+ extra tier and it was aight, the story felt superfluous to the exploration of the worlds. Wasn't revolutionary but it was fun enough.

The combat takes a little bit to click, the enemies are a bit repetitive in the beginning, but the story is top notch. I feel Kratos and Atreus sorta detached relationship will play more into the story in the 2nd and final game.

When did you quit?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

the Paper posted:

I stopped soon after beating the first dragon boss.

Ah yeah that is still tutorial area.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Aloy is such an rear end in a top hat.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 24, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Base building in HZD2?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Shrecknet posted:

Not really. You get a base, but the only way to 'improve' it is to complete more of the story. And it doesn't provide more mechanical benefits, just story ones.

It's also suuuuper annoying to use as a base because the fast travel spot is like a good 20s walk to a pretty hidden grapple point so you end up not returning there unless you absolutely have to.

Well that sucks. Would have been interesting to make the place nicer, populate it, and get buffs or something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
One of you is lying.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

omg chael crash posted:

Call of Duty’s gun play with Fortnight’s aesthetic would be aces

Fortnite no-build is already aces

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIk2EqzY_LE

this is the stuff they should've shown first

This preview makes the game look a lot cooler. The world still seems very empty.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
About an hour and a half away from blasting in fortnite

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Anyone else going to try for the Pickle Rick backbling during the fortnite horde rush weekly event?

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 2, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Augus posted:

NO!!!!!!

Yeah idk if I will either. I haven't tried horde rush. I usually play no-build which is very good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Here is the Pickle Rick backpack

I'll try to get it and wear it on my Indian Jones or Sigourney weaver.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I missed Fortnite was doing a special Star Wars week too. Lightsabers and the like have returned.

The new map changes are interesting. Really enjoy the moving buildings and the chromification of the island.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
That Fortnite Horde Rush mode is fun. Pickle Rick will soon be mine.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I promised Sigourney Weaver wearing pickle rick

Edit: I have to fix the video

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 4, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I fixed the video
https://twitter.com/ShareHoot/status/1588633278277459972?t=zIrNuZcZywrFrHiBFZpKww&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I see Fortnite announced a Ralph Lauren collab for next week. Not my cup of tea, but killing polo players for a crown will be good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Hopper posted:

That last Valkyrie in GoW18 is some unfair bullshit. Arena-wide unblocklae aoe, stunning you, followed by an unblockable swoop you can't dodge because you are still stunned. And she blocks attacks while in windup animations for her sweeping moves.
And that is on Easy.

Plus Kratis shieldanimation takes forever be for he blocks.
I have given up, this is beyond stupid.

Easiest boss. Get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Hopper posted:

Well gently caress me, the ages old technique of complaining on the Internet worked. 6 more tries and she is dead.

However, I needed to use the Atreus squirrel that digs up healing items. Useful trick to get more heals.
In NG+ Atreus really doesn't seem to be able to shoot her down at all though. I was lucky and axed her out of the aoe 3 times during the last fight.

You got good. :unsmith: