Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RE6 was way too long

You didn’t need to have like 5 campaigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Step aside, The Last of Us! The new PS game adaptation king is here!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That would get me more interested at least

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PacoPepe posted:

Last night reached the first battle against a Marauder in Doom Eternal, and yeah, I see why they became so infamous, a 1 on 1 fight was ok, but I just can't see that being fun while getting hit from a dozen other beasties.
Or when you fight like 3 of them at once in the DLC

The DLC was nuts with a lot of fights from what I saw

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So the KOTOR remake is very much uncertain, because the studio it was given to presented some early game version to their bosses and were immediately removed from the project, and the game was given to another studio. There has been no update since but that was like last summer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That’s always been the case with technology though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would be interested in DI2 after it drops to like $30 or so. I just finished Dying Light 2 a few days ago so I am taking a break from zombie games for awhile.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I thought that was mostly just Aloy specifically

I believe that the program created for breeding more humans succeeded, but then the actual learning program was sabotaged beforehand by everyone's favorite CEO shithead, so all of human knowledge prior to Zero Day was lost.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's kind of what happened with Square selling off their more western-focused IPs (Tomb Raider and Deus Ex among them) for a pittance because they didn't care about those and just wanted to spend the cash on crypto bullshit

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently Alan Wake voice actor Matthew Porretta went on a podcast recently and said that Alan Wake 2 comes out in October??

https://www.ign.com/articles/alan-wake-voice-actor-says-alan-wake-2-is-supposed-to-come-out-in-october

Not going to say it's impossible but we have not seen anything from this game other than the announcement trailer in 2021 and a couple of screenshots

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

New Spider-Man looks incredible, and I didn't know if we were going to get the black suit Spider-Man but there he is

More importantly, Alan Wake 2 is not that far away

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So I have to assume that the fact that the MGS3 remake is being called Delta could indicate that this is a way for them to reboot the series without Kojima, and doing it from the beginning?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bugblatter posted:

Also Concord is a pvp fps? Nothing about that trailer indicated that, lol.
I almost feel like that was the point

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I doubt they would be able to use the same audio

A month or two ago the woman who sings Snake Eater had said she was re-recording her performance for something, and I'm assuming it's this

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes, please work on the single player game instead of GaaS bullshit, thanks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Layers of Fear (2023) (PS5/X|S/PC, 06/15/2023)

No chance this will be as memorable as the original

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

man nurse posted:

Isn’t it just the existing games plus some new stuff all remade in UE 5?

I don’t recall it being particularly fondly looked upon in the first place.
I was making a joke about it being memorable, mainly because of that stream clip of the streamer causing those dolls to just keep slamming their heads into a cabinet repeatedly

I thought this was a remake of the first game, which was Bloober Team's first game, but to be honest I haven't paid much attention to it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

Shame that most of the announced games in the MS showcase are 2024, though. I'm imagining an alternate reality where most of those are 2023, and THAT I would call one of the craziest years in gaming for sure.
I would put '2024' in quotes because I'm sure some of those will get delayed

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

A lot of the other MS franchises were MIA at the event (STALKER 2, for obvious reasons, but also The Outer Worlds 2 and State of Decay 3).

Starfield kind of needs to work out for MS because their other big title for this year was Redfall, and we know how that turned out

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I saw this pop up on Twitter today so I figure it was revealed at the xbox thing today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymcpwq1ltQc

gameplay details coming at Ubisoft forward.
Well it's Ubisoft so I hope you like shitloads of microtransactions

If it's not a GaaS I will eat my hat

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

ohhhh

noooooooooooooooooo
The other trailers for this were bad, but somehow this makes it look even worse?

I also guarantee that if this is like most other streaming shows, the first episode will have a ton of car combat and then the rest will be filmed on cheap sets before a finale where there is more car combat\

I also don't understand why you take a franchise that is generally about how Satan runs a car combat contest and then not use that concept at all

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 10, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Welp

https://twitter.com/cecianasta/status/1678781202210365441?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rinkles posted:

apparently "last month Microsoft was exploring options to close the deal despite the UK block" (per the Verge) but I have no idea how feasible that is
They can make a UK specific division if they need to

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Quick Sony, spend $5 to buy what’s left of Ubisoft

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Augus posted:

I actually enjoyed Splinter Cell Blacklist quite a bit
I also enjoyed Blacklist but it was really weird having a Splinter Cell game without Michael Ironside

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Daughter just finished TLOU2. Her words as she got up from the couch, “this game sucks! That was so sad! Why they have to do it like that!” She ultimately liked Abby much more than Ellie by the end and was experiencing some true internal dissonance at the player-controlled events at the end (avoiding spoilers). Then was just dead silent as the final cutscenes played out. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her so emotional about any form of media ever. No show, no movie, nothing has ever spoken to her so strongly.

She immediately wanted to play TLOU1.

If that Digital Foundry video is right, maybe Forespoken would be a good game for her eventually. She’s seen too much of Horizon ZD to be interested.
She's not wrong, Ellie is kind of a mess by the end of that game as a person

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Look I'm a pretty jaded adult and TLOU2 was a pretty tough slog at times (story-wise).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm hoping that when MS actually has control over CoD that they won't force a new game every year or other year.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I said come in! posted:

We know Naughty Dog is working on an entirely new IP (was confirmed by Neil Druckmann in an interview) and I really hope it’s something more light hearted.
Hasn't Druckmann also kind of hinted that there may be another TLOU in development too?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

In honor of page 999, I’m going to post maybe the best political ad of all time from the originator of the 9/9/9 plan, Herman Cain (RIP)

https://youtu.be/lwawPMSJins

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I finally finished the campaign for Jedi Survivor after getting sidetracked with Zelda. This game is way bigger and harder than I expected from a major Star Wars title, I had to drop it down to medium difficulty and even then it was tough defeating the final boss.

If not for the performance issues on performance mode I’d say this was a near perfect sequel that improved everything about the first game. At this point Disney should put all major Star Wars films on ice and focus on the games, cause between this and Squadrons last year they’re really knocking it out of the park.
I also enjoyed it but the performance issues are really unacceptable for a game where you have to have good timing on your controls.

Story wise, (Jedi Survivor spoilers) i think the first game’s story flowed better. I’m glad that they worked in some of the whole ‘the Jedi Order was not exactly the greatest’ parts with things like the Cal/Merrin romance and (I assume) the idea that Cal can use Dark Side powers at times. I wish we had gotten some explanation as to how Bode managed to hide his Force abilities from multiple Jedi including a Jedi Master. For me the story kind of peaks at the big twist reveal and then the last part where you go to Tanalorr kind of fell flat. That and the fact that Bode’s daughter really got over Cal killing her father real fast.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Arist posted:

Just found out that apparently David Harbour and Jodie Comer are the main characters in that Alone in the Dark remake???
Yes that is some serious star power for a remake of a franchise that has had some pretty bad games

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

haveblue posted:

TLOU2 is the downer Oscar-bait drama of video games
Pretty accurate

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Uh excuse me, I take my Uncharted very seriously, thank you. When I fought the yetis in the second game it was a major spiritual awakening.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s ok to kill lots of people in Uncharted because they’re baddy’s and also it’s not real
Sully is my friend and he is REAL

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TLOU is one of those pieces of media that are very good for what they are, but I have zero desire to revisit because it's so draining

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The third game has the weakest villain

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rinkles posted:

We're getting to the point where you should be able to put together a pc more powerful than a PS5 for a similar price.

Of course, that's not something everyone wants to or can do, and there are reasons to prefer a console regardless.
Video cards are still too expensive, even though there are no longer supply shortages

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

goblin week posted:

If you buy a gaming PC you'll have to use windows and that's a fate worse than death.
Windows hasn’t been a problem in a long time

I built a gaming PC in 2021 and I have had very few issues. Even before that with my previous PC it was rare that I had issues with Windows specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's one of the best games of all time for a reason. The last act is incredible. Granted it's now a 13 year old game, but still.