Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I just finished Yakuza Like A Dragon and it's kinda crazy they gave that out for PS+, cause that was a whole rear end experience. If you've ever been interested in video games at all you should definitely play through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Unless the updates added a substantial amount of content to the open world, I don't see myself enjoying Cyberpunk very much. The game is apparently less of an RPG and more of a GTA in practice, but it really doesn't feel like it's supposed to be, so I can't really get into that mindset and enjoy it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s a spiritual sequel to New Vegas. It was at launch and still is to this day.

Modern New Vegas was what I went in expecting, what I got was Fallout but without all the exploration or questlines or NPCs. Better combat at least but that's about the last thing I care about in these games.

From what I played of the main story, that seemed decent enough, but everything else was boring as hell.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I want Assassin's Creed 4 ship combat with Dark Messiah first person swashbuckling. I have no idea about this Skull and Bones game, but I will probably give it a look whenever it does come out.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

They really don't want people buying the essential ps+, cause I can't even find the free games on their site. Presumably it's buried in some menu, but for a paid service, this should really be more obvious.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm kinda baffled that they made this ten minute teaser and thought anyone would want to play based on it. They have way too much faith in this ip.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

They've basically told us "we're seeing the unique perspective of playing as the villains" non-stop for the last twenty minutes.

Are they even the villains? It looks like they're the good guys in this game

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The whole thing about Suicide Squad is less about hating the game and more about finding it funny how bad it looks. I liked the Arkham games, but I was never hype for the Suicide Squad since WB seems to be Really Really pushing them, to the point that I already feel sick of them even though I never saw either of the movies.

Then they hype up this game in a twenty minute presentation where the most they could muster about it was "this time you're playing as the villains". We already saw what happened to Avengers and this one looks like it's stepping up to the plate to have the exact same thing happen, but it looks like they learned nothing from it. The only emotion I can feel is laughter because of how tone deaf everyone in the room seemed to be.

Well that's not true, I was also annoyed that I sat through the whole thing, but that is really more my own fault.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The distinction I make for RPGs is how much the numbers matter vs how much the movement matters. Something like say Xenoblade is an RPG because moving barely matters at all, but Dark Souls is more of an action game with RPG aspects since it's way more about how the player interacts with the enemy.

Now when it comes to the J aspect, ultimately that's probably more of a vibe than any set of traits you could come up with.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I remember the first few weeks after that game came out, people seemed to love it, but now I don't see it mentioned without people saying it sucks. What in the world happened?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

My original controller works fine, but my purple one has a stick with a bit of damage on the outer ring. This is because of a rabbit attack but I still blame Sony for making them a target. I would like to replace the thing, but I haven't seen anything that isn't a cover or just a full on replacement stick.

Edit: I've had really bad luck with PS4 controllers though. I've had three of them and two got drift.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 13, 2023

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Come on now, pay the rabbit tax. Let’s see that fluffy lil buddy.

You are right, I will abide by the laws of the land. I offer this gif of Holland attempting more bastardries on his favorite bed (a plastic container).

He has not committed any video game related crimes lately thankfully, but with all the recent releases, who can say what the future holds...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Instead of talking about remaking RE1 into the new style, we should be talking about remaking RE5 and 6 into the RE1 style. That might be the only way I would consider ever touching those games again.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

This vid has done more to sell me on PSVR than any advertisements combined.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Its reputation has been somewhat healed from a story standpoint, but I still feel like MGS2 is just not that fun of a game to actually play. Too much of the main game felt like doing chores in the same areas, and most of the boss fights were just kind of lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Considering Assess is something you do every single time you meet an enemy for the first time, it probably should just be a skill and not a Materia. I have a million materia I want to level up, but always have to dedicate a slot to it, or use the accessory.

The main frustration I've encountered is whenever you have to use Red against flying enemies, since he can't gain ATB well against them, and I imagine Cait has the same issue, but that's pretty minor.