Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Almost done with Ghost of Tsushima, started it on hard and it feels great, kind of like how Bungie always recommended playing Halo on heroic.

Its incredible this game was made for PS4, and playing it right after Returnal....just a visual feast, i just can't believe games can look this good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I see Modern Warfare (2019) is on sale, is the single player campaign worth $20???

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Wow the "finish the game" trophy for Modern Warfare 2019 is at 12%, and the rest of the mostly pedestrian trophies are below 1% earned.

I know most CoD player go straight to the MP, still impressive how the campaign is thoroughly ignored.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Just started Like a Dragon and I guess the design of Ichiban made me think he was a younger guy, but after his 18 year sentence he begins his adventure proper at over 40! I'm pretty sure Kiryu is early to mid 30's at the end of Yakuza 1.

Nothing against 40 yo's since I'm almost one myself, just find it interesting.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I really wish games were not so expensive!!! When does CoD usually go on sale after release?

I got MW2019 for $20 bux a month ago.....so between 2 or 3 years?

It's crazy how a yearly franchise holds it's cost Nintendo-style.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Yakuza 7: this fight against Majima & Saejima in the Omi HQ is a massive spike in difficulty, it's the first time I've lost a battle in 50 hours of playtime, i got one shot killed and just felt like stopping for the day, I guess I'll have to re-do the dungeon now....

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres a move ichi learns that makes him not die in one hit and its pretty mandatory to have for a few late game bosses

Thanks! I'll take a look at the skill lists, and yeah, I'll come back to the arena to grind a bit, which is something I didn't though I would need to do considering I've been doing endless side stuff.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I'm halfway through Guardians of the Galaxy and I'm glad I didn't payed for it, I'm having an ok time with it but it feels like an unfinished game, like playing an alpha version or something.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I gave up on finding those last few collectibles after a dozen runs or so, not sure what is gained by hiding some lore behind the rng.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I think the Witcher books past the first two are 90% terrible, and I was glad of the changes they did to season 2.

Unto games: i finally played Celeste since it's on ps+, and I really enjoyed it! I doubt I'll go thru the Side B's, they seem kaizo Mario levels of difficult.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I started Mass Effect LE, haven't played them since their original releases, and I think I'm getting close to the first mayor choice, so, do you guys keep Kaidan or Ashley??

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah I remember saving Ashley as maleshep and Kaidan as femshep, i guess it made sense, but i doubt I'll do double playthroughs this time, so I'll just follow the forum consensus, sorry Kaidan!

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Forbidden West is awesome, but also why would you put 85 hours into something you don't enjoy? Just sell it and get the other game instead?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I gave myself like a 4 games buffer in between Yakuzas.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
My switch might as well be "the Picross machine".

As for games being played in the PeeEssFive: 2007's Mass Effect! I sure forgot about the terrible copy-pasted bases on the planets, but I appreciate the visual upgrade they got.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BykuAlQlSIw&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

New game from Mimimi, the devs that made Shadow Tactics and Desperados 3, which are straight up modernized "Commandos", looks pretty good!

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Just finished Jedi Fallen Order, and i had a great time with it!. I remember the game being criticized for the platforming, but i thought it was fine? Never got stuck because of a tricky jump or anything.

My only complain is that it could have used some fast travel, the game is already a sekiro-lite, why not go all the way and just let you warp between meditation points?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I'm really liking the super low encounter rate in Judgement , it makes everything else a lot more enjoyable.

You guys are also making me want to jump into GT7, I've never been a sim enthusiast, my favorite is burnout paradise.

But from what everyone here says, GT7 seems good about easing you into the complex driving and tuning mechanics and such? And the menu system is kind of a campaign?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

cubicle gangster posted:

I thought mafia was supposed to be in the ps+ games this month?

It is, it's been up since yesterday. In the mexican PS store at least.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

sophisticated story around the intergalactic bounty Hunter that can turn into a ball.

The Metroid Prime log about the space pirates trying to emulate the morph ball is great, heck most of the pirate logs are top tier stuff.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
So playing Judgement over the weekend the game puts forth this situation where 40 year old looking Yagami is dating a 19 yo girl, and it's no problem at all. So I guess this VTuber is one of those "oh Japan!" things?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Having a good time with GT7 so far. I have most of the mechanic assist turned off, but i can't ever see myself turning the visual aids off (racing line, braking zone).

The adaptive triggers are just fantastic and intuitive, it's a great middle ground between a controller and actual foot pedals. Now im curious to try gyro controls, does anyone use them?

One thing im not sure about, should I always strive for the highest possible PP? Or stay relatively close to the "recommended" PP for each event?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

its very unfortunate to the devs of HZD that it launched right around BotW and HFW launched right around Elden Ring

It's weird how this narrative keeps going, HZD was highly acclaimed at launch and went to sell 20 million copies, spawned a great expansion, a fantastic sequel and what seems to be a decent VR game.

If anything Horizon and the Decima Engine boosted Guerrilla's status within Sony.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I've just reached chapter 7 in Judgement and so far its one of my least favorites in the Yakuza series.

It's not bad, and I'll see it through the end, i think I was just hoping for something different , i thought the investigation mechanics would take over the fighting, but nope, and then you have a terrible constant tailing mechanic that is worse than those early Assassin's Creed games.

It also doesn't help that Yagami is the most uninteresting (imo) character in the whole series. I just hope the ending does something insane like most Yakuza games do.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Does the combat in the horizon games get better as you play more or if i'm not enjoying it a few hours in am I just going to not like it?

It gets better in the sense that superior weapons allow you to slap in more mods, which can dramatically change the way you fight.

I think the golden rule for ZD is to play until you reach Meridian, since at that point the map opens up and you get access to high tier weapons.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
As if boss fights were not already the weakest element of every Yakuza game, the RRG fellas had to go in and make them even worse in Judgement with the "mortal wounds" system, just rotten stuff, at this point I'm just pushing thru the last couple chapters.

That suicide squad sure it's something, they straight up showed 10 seconds of a character unloading an entire clip (of it's weak rear end sounding giant gun) on a purple blob, reload, and keep unloading , they really believed it was exciting gameplay.

My guess is the Rocksteady leadership just delivered the minimum-required-contractually-obligated alpha thing they could, and jumped ship, and let the rest of the studio sink.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
BotW for me it's the quintessential "more than the sun of it's parts" game, i enjoyed it, but it seemed like Nintendo purposely sabotaged it at every step:
-"it's neat that there's a wide variety of weapons!..... Oh but they break after two encounters and the combat is the same braindead Zelda poo poo"
-"the visual style is great!.....oh but it has some of the worst pop-in this side of the N64, and the framerate tanks if there are trees nearby"
-"this free climbing is very liberating and makes me want to explore!.... until it starts raining and you can't do it anymore, so thanks for killing the fun i guess"
-"nice it does actually have dungeons! And the path to it was a neat gameplay sequence!......oh the dungeon is 3 rooms and keeps forcing me to go into the menu to activate the gimmick....and the boss can be killed by just spamming it with bomb arrows."
-"ah! Fully voiced characters!.... except link is still mute even tho people are talking directly at him, and the paper thin plot is broken up and spread around the world...ehhh."

I honestly had a much better time with Horizon, as cookie cutter as it is, it felt cohesive and with an actual feeling of improvement and progression, with a story that felt super invested in.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

man nurse posted:

S tier: 0, Kiwami 2, 7, Ishin
A tier: 5, Judgement
B tier: 3, 6, Lost Judgment
C tier: Kiwami, 4

The taxi missions make Y5 an easy S tier. I finished Judgement last night and it's definitely C tier.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Now many of you are done with RE4R it’s imo time to Chill with Tchia

I just finished Tchia, neat little game, just beware that the game has the chance for a bug that fails to spawn an enemy camp, preventing you from getting 100% and thus, the plat.

But you can complete the story no problem.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I've been thinking about how GT7 has no voice acting at all, I can't remember the last time I played a major AAA release like this, maybe it's all about the mood?

Been playing ghostwire Tokio and enjoying it very much, but it has some of the worst map clutter I've seen.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Eh, as someone who at most buys 2 full priced games a year, I've found Extra to be pretty great and I've been playing stuff from there pretty much every month since it was introduced.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Just hope the PS5 exclusivity of Burning Shores means they are doing some cool Decima stuff that would melt a PS4.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

Would I be lost if I played Tears of the Kingdom without playing BotW? I figure Zelda plots are essentially interchangeable.

BotW's plot is super thin and inconsequential, you'll be fine.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
So Doom Eternal is up on ps+, I've been itching to play it but I keep seeing that the difficulty is a bit different from 2016?

I played 2016 on Ultraviolence and had a great time, should I bump it down to normal in Eternal for a similar experience?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I'm starting to feel most of the complains about Doom Eternal, they grabbed the excellently simplistic 2016 game and bloated it with mechanics, platforming, cutscenes, menus, lore and currency, the ripping and tearing is still fun tho, but I had to bump it down to the easiest difficulty.

Was I supposed to see a movie or a comic book before Eternal? I recall 2016 ending with doomguy being trapped by the villain.....but Eternal starts at earth in an orbital fortress with all these characters speaking to doomguy as if I'm supposed to know who they are?

It's similar to how I felt about Wolf: The New Colossus, I thought it was worse than New Order in every category, weird how both are ID games.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

^YEAH

I loved TNC and thought it was a fantastic sequel to TNO but I hear you on Eternal. It felt like they went in every possible direction opposite of what made DOOM 2016 one of my favorite games ever. I’m always bummed when I see it mentioned because on paper it should be like a top 10 game for me but oh well. Other people enjoy it and not everything has to be made for me, even sequels of games I dearly love.

Yeah, I'm not hating Eternal, I'm having an ok time, it's just weird how it feels like they just decided to chase every trend out there instead of just iterating on the excellent thing they already had.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Last night reached the first battle against a Marauder in Doom Eternal, and yeah, I see why they became so infamous, a 1 on 1 fight was ok, but I just can't see that being fun while getting hit from a dozen other beasties.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Finished Doom Eternal last night, after bumping it down to easy halfway thru. I had an ok time with it but feel it's inferior to it's predecessor in everything except level variety.

I guess if they ever make a sequel it will be exclusive to MS marketplaces? Eh.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Was Deathloop janky/buggy at release? I played it a year after and found it pretty solid and enjoyable, did Sony put some of their own muscle in it to make sure it launched in an acceptable state?

I just think it's incredible that Microsoft looked at redfall and said " yep, this looks good, release it right between Burning Shores and Zelda/FF16"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Humanity is awesome, just did the first "boss fight" and can't wait to see what else is there. That is all.