Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
This was a hack, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Someone could port RDR1 to PC now.

was rdr1 stuff leaked too?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Eh the 360 version is basically playable these days with the things they’ve done with emulation.

More than playable with the right pc, but it still doesn’t run great

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

RDR did kinda on the series x. It runs pretty friggin great at 60fps

I don’t think RDR got an fps boost (past 30).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

haveblue posted:

Is Hardspace Shipbreaker actually out? It doesn’t show up on store search

It was up on the store for me yesterday.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The weight of the headset definitely played a role in my problems with VR.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Absolutely, more people should play the original Witcher.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Arist posted:

Anyway, jumped back into Cyberpunk on PC for an hour tonight after playing like two hours of it back in July. This time I was getting a weird issue where the game would run great 98% of the time but sometimes when I left a menu the game would hiccup and lag for a bit before resuming properly. I updated my display drivers though, so hopefully that's fixed now.

it's a bug they introduced in 1.5. I thought it was supposed to have been fixed but I'm still getting it in 1.6, but it does seem rarer. Iirc, it's related to DLSS.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

also has anyone watched cyberpunk edgerunners???

Yeah, I liked it. I didn’t think it was exceptional and parts were pretty trite which for me blunted some of the emotional beats, but still pretty solid. It manages to feel very Trigger whilst very much grounded in the Night City of Cyberpunk 2077.

I thought the way they integrated elements of the game into the show, like actual locations and an even the ui, was great.

What hit me hardest !BIG SPOILER! was the casualness of Rebecca’s split second death. She’s a character full of verve and heart (and murder) but she’s barely an insect to Smasher (and the city). And she’s dead in instant without any acknowledgment from him. That image of her with splattered brains is haunting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kazzah posted:

Origins was the first Asscreed I played in like 10 years and I loved it. The world is just so well-made, with the way all the cities and towns and farming villages are clustered. It feels lived-in, genuine. That’s the thing that put me off Odyssey: it’s such a themepark. By the time I got to the Acropolis I was unimpressed, because I’d already seen like five equally-impressive temples here and there.

Yup. FWIW, this is something Valhalla paid more attention to. Origins has it beat, because it feels like a game built around a world rather than the reverse, but Valhalla's environments are less cookie cutter than Odyssey's. I think they spent more time and care adding character to the different regions. That said, it's still mostly grassy meadows. But since it's so beautiful, I didn't mind it as much as I did in Odyssey, which was testing my patience by hour 20.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Arkane is in a league of its own when it comes to creating intricate exploration zones

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

PS4, and Xbox One, discs of Cyberpunk 2077 are $10 at GameStop. Next gen upgrades are free.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/cyberpunk-2077---playstation-4/202330.html

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I played some (heavily modded) FO3 for the first time earlier this year, and I liked it. It felt even less like NV than I expected, but sometimes in a positive way. They clearly had more time to flesh out all the little dungeons in the world, and there was more of them.

It was a port to the NV version of the game engine, so it ran like a dream, and supported many NV mods.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Online isn’t accessible right away. It’s unlocked when you learn about residium harvesting, some time after your first loop.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

JBP posted:

Why doesn't America just have normal phone services for prepaid wtf

Are only US phone numbers affected? I assumed Blizzard didn't like pre-paids because burner phones would get around the reason I thought they wanted phone numbers in the first place.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dewgy posted:

I’m liking it, but go into it being aware that it’s pretty much a straight port of D2, to the point where if you hit L2 and the touchpad at the same time it switches to the original graphics instantly.

Very pretty, game still holds up, works pretty good on controller, it’s just an extremely faithful port.

Bit of a wasted opportunity.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'll return to it, but my initial impression of Deathloop was that it was too easy. Feels like that motivation to get better and stronger to overcome the game's challenges is missing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

(belatedly) Speaking of cgi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHv5GZuY38

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hoffadoff posted:

So I sent my system in for repairs because everytime I woke the system up from rest mode it would just freeze. Sony sent the system back to me today and said that nothing is wrong with it and didn't repair anything. So yay. 500 dollar system I've had for less than 5 months and it just won't ever be able to do everything it's supposed to do. gently caress sony.

gently caress Sony, but I wouldn’t give up just yet. If it recurs make a big stink with customer service, they might relent. Alternatively, there’s social media, but idk how effective that is without the right reach.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I got Fez vibes from the little time I spent with Tunic

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I know a lot of bad has been said of bloober but it appear the medium is free on ps plus. I'm aware of the horrific story but is it at all worth playing lol

I only played for about two hours (horror just isn’t my thing), but it accurately recreated the gloomy grayness of 90s post-communist Poland. Except for the English translation of interactable items, the opening apartment felt like I was going back in time. But idk if it’s something others would appreciate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I assume stick swapping doesn’t include the on-pcb internals, which is the where the parts that wear with use are. That’s what causes drift.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

kzin602 posted:

Ubisoft uncapped the frame rate in assassin's Creed origins, the cloth physics still ran at 30 fps creating a strange claymation look on some objects.

That’s been an issue in pc versions of AC games since forever, btw. A simple ini tweak fixes it, but for whatever reason Ubisoft themselves never patched it in.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

have you tried the base game in 3rd person?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

afaik, there are few truly 4K PS5 games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I have a 1440p monitor and have been using my PS5 with it (sadly it is G-sync and not freesyns otherwise I could use VRR) and I love how crisp everything UI looks compared to when it was 1080p blown up. (Or 4K shrunk down, however it was doing it.)

if i'm not mistaken, with a PS5 you can't do vrr at 1440p whatever your monitor, for whatever reason :iiam:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Are you sure? The God of War tweet up there has 1440p as an option with VRR.

I assume the VRR will only work when output over a 4K signal

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I recently looked up an early Persona 5 cutscene because I accidentally skipped it. I had to delete it from my watch history because for YouTube that was carte blanche to inundate me with every other moment in the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

My favorite Bioshock 2 anecdote was an art guy from Arkane (Sebastien Mitton, he co-directed Deathloop) shrinking the luggage because he was indignant at how comically sized it was in Bioshock. Arkane played a large role in that game's development, for those that didn't know.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wrong bish. I love Bioshock 2, it's the best of the 3

Same for me. I haven't even played Minerva's.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Played more ac Valhalla today. This game is dumb as hell. Finished the "suthsexe" arc so it was fun going all around my ends but the sidequest writing is terrible memey garbage. Almost every sidequest is some dumb obvious direct reference and today we had alice in wonderland and that Fenton guy that went viral like 10 years ago. Haha everybody remember Fenton? Remember?? I bet the ppl who remember fenton will be all like haha remember fenton?? Ha ha ... :doh:

Yup, for me this ruined what was otherwise an interesting experiment (making side quests have a less rigged structure).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the adaptive triggers in MWII are sooooo good. sound design is great too. The story doesn’t seem as good as MW19 so far.

Just simulating the trigger pull of guns, or something special?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think my favorite use of the triggers was in Far Cry 6, where there’s an increase in resistance of the left trigger at the mid point. It marks the point between peeking from cover and aiming down the sights (thus exposing yourself).

That same system is there on regular controllers, but I would often unintentionally get out of cover without that extra resistance as an indicator. To me that showed that the tech has a lot of creative potential, that’s probably going to be underutilized like the touchpad was.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

This isn't really a criticism as much as an observation, but one thing about God of War is that I don't find it particularly immersive. Don't get me wrong it's still very fun but they have just about the gameyest game worlds ever. I don't really get lost in it because it feels more like a jungle gym/amusement park ride for Kratos than a real place. Felt that way about the first one too.

Should’ve gone wide linear, imo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

acksplode posted:

And it always feels like I'm putting stress on a sensitive component.

yeah, a bone component

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Both Xbox and PlayStation stick layouts are perfectly fine. Some people with advanced cases of fanboyitus will struggle with one of them ergonomically, but it usually can be cured by a regimen of trying something new for more than 10 minutes

this has been true for me. so much so that after using dualshocks all my life, spending a few months with an xbox controller was enough to make the dualshock layout feel as alien as the xbox one did at first.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah this is the only controller thing that drives me nuts. Although it's mostly microsoft's fault for stealing Nintendos button naming and then swapping them around. I just happen to have used Xbox controllers way more than N*controllers so anytime I play Nintendo games I'm looking at the controller a lot or hitting the wrong buttons.

:actually: sega's to blame.

(weird that they took the letter layout but not the colors. i prefer the xbox ones, but like the topic at hand, that might just be down to habit)

veni veni veni posted:

Lack of certain functions and drift not withstanding, I think the Dualsense and Xbox Series controller are probably the two best controllers I've ever used. Just super comfortable, cool functions, quality feel.

The one thing I don't like about the new xbox controllers are their bumpers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

isn't that square's doing?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

For me it was the grappling hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU