Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Before I got the thing I thought the haptic triggers sounded like a dumb gimmick but whenever it happens I'm like "ooh neat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The PS5 Slim isn't like the PS4 Slim where it's a concurrent SKU, it's straight up a hardware revision, so original models are harder to find.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shift Up wasn't even like trying to make a statement or anything, they were just making a video game that had a pretty girl in it and all these losers projected on it hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FireWorksWell posted:

Oh my god I never would have noticed that

E: "We relied on it, we made the game the #1 pre-order worldwide because of it, and this is the true game we want." Is this true or is this just "Trump on Truth" talk? Also it's hilarious to me that the petition outright admits the horny is why they were invested.

I don't know if those numbers are quite as easy to get as on like Steam lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The usual slur removal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sengoku Basara?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Is stellar blade a game about loving or loving things up? Cuz for the first I can see why people would be unhappy, but for the second...people have broken brains.

From what I can gather, it's like a Nier Automata situation where the main character design is a bit horny but the game otherwise is not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Attention. I dunno lately I'm just tired of seeing everyone engage with culture warrior poo poo all the time but I chose the wrong hill for this one because it's indeed hilarious

It's either this or someone who only speaks English putting a single line of a Japanese game in DeepL and claiming that it's different and woke and bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I remember the gacha game Limbus Corporation gave a female character a full-rear end wetsuit as a "summer swimsuit" because that's pretty funny but a bunch of Korean chuds got angry so the developer had to fire am artist that they had pegged as a feminist and then they also went through the game to edit out instances of characters holding their fingers up in any way like 🤏 because apparently that means the character is making fun of My Small Penis Specifically

The losers over there don't play, man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They were like legitimately at the doors of the company in a way that people feared for their safety

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They also had a Nier Automata collab where they had Pascal, a robot who does not have an rear end, and people complained about that despite 2B, the character who Has The rear end, also being in the collab

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You have Astrobot, it came free on your PS5

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

13 Sentinels basically never shows anything more than a faint outline of a body

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Me before getting a PS5: haha PS5 has no game

Me now: Putting several PS5 games On The List after the two I have

What happened

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bugblatter posted:

Performance mode is 1440p with very clean upscale to 4K. So balanced is probably pretty close to true 4K.

I was thinking about how SB is running the same iteration of Unreal as Survivor and FF7R2 and has similar scale free roaming zones. But where those games either cut major corners visually (FF7R2) or had dire performance problems at launch (J:S), SB launched with a very attractive and stable 60fps mode while maintaining asset and lighting fidelity. Fairly impressive for a smaller studio that’s new to console development.

If Stellar Blade is more linear than Re2 and Survivor, that's probably a big part of it. Keeping to more contained levels allows a bit more visual focus than larger open areas like FF7 and Jedi.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If only Sony had a stable of studios with experience doing a lot of classic and beloved Sony IPs

Maybe if they were in like Japan or something

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The haptics are cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So they pulled the game from 177 countries.

The world only has 195 countries.

Sony pulled the game from 90% of the world months after the fact

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Steam does that already

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nothing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tango says that their games will remain available

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fallout 5 isn't happening before Elder Scrolls 6

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well, I don't think 343 will ever get shuttered no matter how much they screw up

They're less of their own studio and more The Microsoft Team That Does Halo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JBP posted:

Mikami left Tango and is starting a talent incubator studio, so I'm not really surprised that they'd roll Tango staff into the greater business given he was central to the studio being its own thing.

The staff is not being rolled into anything, OP

They're being fired, OP

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

EA SPORTS FC, all caps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, I'm pretty sure once HD2 is all done and dusted, Arrowhead isn't gonna want to have poo poo to do with Sony ever again, so maybe not the most long term problem to have lmao