Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Started playign Rise of Ronin.

It initially clicked on me very hard with his tough combat. But then I lowered difficulty and moved to the open world.

It feels like a Assasin Creed game on TV with a sharpen filter where for some reason we can't climb walls. In some way feel like Ghost of Tsushima smaller brother that will be bigger and better than GoT when does finish growing. But games does not grown... or this one does no grown.

Multiplayer feel gross and bad. The netcode is doing a lot of leverage here, but since much of the game is superfast reaction is predicting way too much state where knows none. Is kinda weird because in Nioh 2 it works perfectly.
Also humanoids are not has fun to combat has mysthical creatures like in Nioh. So I expected the multiplayer to be equally has good the worst Nioh, but really is inferior :(

All in all, this would be a terrific cool 40$ game. But I paid ~70$ for it, buying a 100$ psn card. So the difference between these 40$ that is the value of the game for me and the 100$ I pay for the psn card is huge. Had Sony a good return policy, I would return this one and wait for a sale. I am having fun killing random bandits, but at that point is me creating fun for me, and not the game entertaining fun. Theres a limit of the number of random bandits you can kill before you get really bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

The stellar blade demo intro to your first character got a good laugh out of me. It knows what it’s doing but it’s so egregious it’s still stupid as gently caress.

Anime checklist:
Size zero girls with massive tits - check
Skin tight clothes that are spray painted on - check
Face of a 13 yr old - check

It’s too embarrassing to even play alone.

All the enemies are ballsack shaped monsters.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Fallout serie is so good, I think is going to bring new players for future games.

Theres also a Dune survival game in the making, I hope is good too, but is made by Funcom, so haha.

We are just lucky from getting faith full homages to beloved franchises. Is not the normal.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Weren’t they making like 4 dune games at once what happened to that?

I was showing my wife footage of Dune 2 (1992) after watching Dune 2 (2024) yesterday

theres a few new ones that are strategic games, but I have no idea if they will release on the ps5

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hopper posted:

So did I. Looks like I need to watch it.

Seriously, I loved Fallout 3 back in the day. Not sure why there is so much hate for it.
Seeing that world in 3d for the 1st time was awesome.

A change in tone. I forgot the details, but for a lot of people they felt the original serie was lost and was replaced by a creation with other flavour.

The typical fan distraught when what they love is abandoned and a new thing adopted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

JBP posted:

It seemed like people felt it became a bit wacky. I remember Megaton getting criticised a lot because why would you build a town on a bomb. The answer is that it's amusing to detonate the bomb.

Some serius criticism for Bethesda is that they don't know how to write. They are good at creating settings, and some flavour characters, but they are a knife withouth edge, that is bad at cutting. Because this the dialogs fails to have a spark. Is kinda there, works but is nothing to send home letters.

But I don't know if nerds at the time knew this before hand, or raised this angle.