Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I finished God of War 3.

Mixed feelings. It felt great to actually play; all the weapons feel good and the combat is way less mindless than I remember (after playing the first two on release). And I am down for a narrative where the protagonist is just an awful piece of poo poo who fails to learn or change. But midway through the game shifts to have Kratos be sorta protecting this little girl? and being powered by hope? and then in the end he sacrifices himself to release hope to the few humans left alive? And none of it works, none of it flows or feels convincing or earned, it's like one of those parts in the bible where scholars think this one paragraph was added a thousand years later.

Looked really good for a 2010 game. I mean I was playing the remaster, but the art direction was ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did you know that the enemies in Uncharted games are not bullet sponges, at a medium distance unarmored non-magical enemies will die to a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire to the chest

The humans weren't too bad. The worst enemies, though, were those walls and ledges facing the wrong way that grab onto Nate when he's trying to roll, and lock him in place while the other enemies shoot him dead. I never figured out how to kill those fuckin things.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Someone told Kojima about "turn on your monitor", and he's gonna spend like three months building it up

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Blind Rasputin posted:

My last playthrough I captured and posted pictures of Seattle skylines and beautiful places, but this time through it’s the darkness I focus on. The gore and death. The sadness.

Man, I loved this building

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

it scares me on some weird primal level that i have a hard time articulating. not a bad thing, mind you

The thing that rules is I cannot tell which planet/s you've visited yet. They've all got weird primal things going on.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It’s somehow more annoying than that one bitcoin comic

Why does VR prevent ageing

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah it's not like bop revealed the boat level or anything

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I played Hades a bunch in early access then fell off…
and then it released properly, and I played it a bunch more to get the main ending (10 clears, only counting post-1.0 victories)! Then I put it down for like a year…
and now I’m playing it again! Gonna fulfil every prophecy and get every last scrap of meat off the bone. drat what a great game.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Outer World 2: Forbidden Wilds

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
realtalk I judge people who post that outer wilds has bad spaceship controls

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Origins was the first Asscreed I played in like 10 years and I loved it. The world is just so well-made, with the way all the cities and towns and farming villages are clustered. It feels lived-in, genuine. That’s the thing that put me off Odyssey: it’s such a themepark. By the time I got to the Acropolis I was unimpressed, because I’d already seen like five equally-impressive temples here and there.

If you’ve played an open-world omnigame lately, maybe give it a miss. If not, though, it’s still one of the best ones out there.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Really? I think I heard about this game where that's like the main thing you do

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Kratos is just perpetually greasy in the PS5 version, he goes through those cracks like lightning through a wet dog

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Shrecknet posted:

10 hours In to Horizon II and I still haven't found d a dyer to use all these flowers at. I've already recovered 1/3 of the Mcguffins and still no paint station?!

There's a dyer in Plainsong. There's a tattooistface-painter in Scalding Spear. And a few others further west, but those are the earliest ones.

I avoided fast-travel as much as possible playing FW, but I ignored that rule whenever it came to cosmetics. I'd just teleport halfway across the map, toggle the carja silks to be purple, then teleport back so I could hike up a mountain in style.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I think the viewers can also vote to temporarily buff one of the player's four big stats by one step (by reducing one of the other ones)

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I really thought I was gonna be clever and ride the jellyfish into the core of GD or something, but it was wrongthink and I just get shocked to death by the core.

It sounds to me like you've got the right idea, but the wrong execution.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Vikar Jerome posted:

Witcher 3 ps5 release date might drop in the next 24 hours

there's no way they'd just drop the release date out of the blue, surely they'd announce they were going to declare it ahead of time so people would be able to prepare

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
How were the haptics?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Also turn off the feature that takes a screenshot whenever you get a cheevo.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

the_american_dream posted:

Haven’t seen this suggestion before. What’s the reasoning for turning that feature off? Saving storage?

Oh I just find it annoying, as soon as I discovered it existed I switched it off on principle. I don’t want my screenshots diluted by automatic ones.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah, the movie Zodiac was kind of a milestone in that regard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZS8OVyVr4

edit: by "that regard", I mean subtle CGI, not the idolification of the Yakuza games

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

The Saddest Rhino posted:

RE: Arrival, absolutely look for the short story collection of Ted Chiang (original title is Story of Your Life), his sci-fi writing is top tier. There's even a story (Understand) that completely shits on the premise of Limitless.

Yeah, Ted Chiang's amazing. You know how short-story collections usually have one or two standouts that make the whole thing worth it? He only writes those ones.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm glad I lost all hope in the game in the first reveal video. God, I was actually getting kind of hype about the teaser stuff they put out before that.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I hear people talking, I hear all the people saying that Gotham Knights is this generation’s Bloodborne

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Oh man someone in the Dead Space remake must have loved Prey. The whole thing where the ship levels actually fit together and you could go outside and you end up knowing your way around, that ruled.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Escobarbarian posted:

Whoever suggested Roach is a good game horse needs to be publicly flogged in the town square

Same for whoever put bridges in the Witcher 3 race-tracks

edit: best horse is the playable one in Ultimate Chicken Horse. Delightful voicework.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I have never played a Zelda, AMmotherfuckenA

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Sideways behind the TV tends to work

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Sony PlayStation 5: 118GB for a Dad with some Boi?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They don't do big prerelease hype cycles. We'll get like one trailer a couple months before it releases, probably.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Fix posted:

Hades was early access for ten months after getting announced at the Game Awards in 2018.

I did not remember that at all.

Oh sure, but even then the announcement was "It's out now".

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
You're right up near the ending (though it might take another 2 hours depending on how fast you read).

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
God bless ‘em, they were very truthful in their advertising what sort of game it was going to be

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This decade will see the first terabyte-game

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Dual+half times two equals five

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I did not get the dlc, but it's on sale too...

You should, it's basically Outer Wilds 1.5. It's technically integrated into the main game, but it's the sort of thing you'll want to focus on without diverting back to the main story.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Lol the only 2 films I've watched this year are Black Adam and Die Hard with a Vengeance

don't worry I'm keeping the average up

Barbarian ruled

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

How the gently caress do you game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Frankston posted:

Replaying Outer Wilds, haven't got the DLC but noticed it's on sale. How does it work? Is it a separate thing entirely, does it happen after the end of the main game, can I do it partway through a normal playthrough? Will I have to start a new playthrough after I've downloaded it or will it appear in my current save?

The DLC is mixed in with the main game, but it's pretty much self-contained in a new location. It'll appear in your current save. You can do it at any time (or stop doing it and go explore elsewhere, if you prefer), but for the best experience you should do it once you're near the end of the main plot.