Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Early reports say PS5 framerate fluctuates wildly. Might want to wait for a patch or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

fridge corn posted:

Live a live just dropped. Anyone playing it? I'm waiting til I finish legend of dragoon to start it since I'm currently in the final dungeon, so won't get to it til the weekend unfortunately

Played it on the Switch, but it's an amazing remaster. Highly recommended.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Bugblatter posted:

From's in-house engine has something fucky about it that just paces frames horribly. Fans fixed it by replacing it with Sony's standard frame pacing code, but that introduces huge degrees of input latency... so unless From ever figures out how to amend their own code, it'll just be like that. Fortunately, it's less of an issue when you approach 60fps, because the faster the framerate, the briefer the pacing errors, and the harder it is to see.

At least on the Steam Deck, limiting From games to 59fps helps with the frame pacing issue. Don't know how, but it "just works".

Bloodborne needs a bit more work since the game logic is tied to 60 fps.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s91YCc0iwIo

(Armored Core: 2006 vs 2022 as told by Geoff)

Keighley is a great salesperson.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

veni veni veni posted:

I really don't have any strong opinions on Keighley, but that video is dumb as gently caress. People are excited for AC6 because From Software has emerged as such a standout developer in recent years, and it's exciting to see them return to the original series that put them on the map/deviate from the Dark Souls formula for the first time in a while, not because every AC game was consistently amazing. Being jaded on the AC series in 2006 and being hype for it in 2023 is extremely relatable.

AC1 and 2 blew my mind and I don't think I even made it to 4 or even 3. For answer was kind of cool but also a mess.5 looked like rear end so I didn't play it. AC6 looks dope because Fromsoft makes very good video games on a regular basis now, not because you are required to love every entry in the series.

That video shows the amount of work From Software has put into gaining a large amount of goodwill. Before any of the Souls games, people either never heard about the company or knew them as the janky mech game developer. It's great to see that in 16 years that have passed between those two moments, the company has established itself as a major developer, known for their unique approach to design.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Long awaited wrestling game AEW: Fight Forever will be released June 29th.

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1660631687775109122

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I have 140€ on my PSN account, what should I spend it on?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
It's tied with We Sing from Alan Wake 2.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Where's the next Resident Evil game?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Paying2Lurk posted:

Hell yeah, old people rule. These kids don't know poo poo. "My first console was a 360 and I don't capitalize when I type wah wah wah."

Anyway, Ranked mode is in Foamstars and 3 of my matches have errored out when one team started losing. Not foamy and chill at all.

It's baffling that the game just kicks everyone out if someone disconnects.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
If I can't enter every building I see, I am cancelling my preorder.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Instead of Rebirth, I'm playing FF16.

Your move.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Only with the recent RE-engine games, have they moved to simultaneous PC-releases. Monster Hunter Rise obviously had the Switch exclusivity, which delayed its release.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Huge with this one, yeah, because as I remember it the PS4 install base was quite healthy in Japan before they even considered releasing World. PS5 may be one of Sony's best selling consoles ever but there's no denying that it has a way smaller footprint in Japan, so Day 1 on PC is probably a necessity for a game with such high expectations.

According to the hacked files, Nintendo paid Capcom 6 million USD to keep Rise a timed exclusive.

Since the gaming market has widened and players are used to multi-platform releases with crossplay, Capcom needs to get a good deal from one of the platforms to forgo to potential having a cross-platform multiplayer hit could have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I laughed when he was making a connection with Armored Core and Dark Souls lore