Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I cannot loving figure out what store item lets me upgrade PS4 Tsushima to PS5 DC Tsushima. Also why is Returnal $125 kangaroo dollars

Other than that PS5 is pretty good I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JBP posted:

Grab returnal for $50-70 online elsewhere. I think ghost of Tsushima has the upgrade option if you put the disc in or download it again. It's a bit of a fuckaround.

Yeah I'll have to keep an eye out because I'm sure it's fuckin awesome but also wow, no

as for Sushi Ghost, I popped it in and tried and it just points me to the uh, expensive DC bundle. Booting the game and looking at the title screen there's a "you can upgrade" button but pressing it just says "go to the store and upgrade". One of the DLC item might be it, or it might just be the DC upgrade for PS4, it's impossible to tell! This sucks, Sony!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Perfect Element posted:

You can't get the ps5 upgrade for free, or without also purchasing the dlc iirc. you can only get the dlc + ps5 upgrade together, for like an extra £10/15.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

No, I know it's a paid upgrade which is..fine (ish) it's just completely nebulous what I'm supposed to do to get it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah that's the thing, it doesn't. It shows the $125 PS5 game ($86 because of the sale I guess), in the dots menu there's the PS Plus edition, Legends and the Bonus Content, nothing else.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is your PS4 version from the same region as your PSN account?

It's an AU copy on an AU account, yea

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

univbee posted:

One thing I'll note is that it's possible if you have PS+ Extra or Deluxe it'll be screwy because the GoT DC should be included with this plan on both PS4 and PS5 (and this might be a more cost-effective option for you).

I THINK you have to do a two-step purchase, at least I did in Canada.

Step 1: Buy the "Director's Cut Upgrade" (I preordered this).
Step 2: From here I believe you'll have access to the cheaper upgrade option. Given that it sounds like you're upgrading from a disc copy, it's possible you'll need to do this from the game's main menu with the DLC downloaded and installed, I know from specifically playing the PS4 version on my PS5 that the main menu yells at you with a link to upgrade to the PS5 version. Venturing a guess, I suspect this link is hidden and only shows on the main menu if you own the Director's Cut Upgrade.

Oh, if I go to the web store I can see the PS4 DC Upgrade DLC. I can't see that at all on the PS5. Okay yeah, I imagine buying that will make the PS5 upgrade item show up or something. I'll watch for a price drop on that then. Christ what a mess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

univbee posted:

Actually surprised they didn't make an all-in-one DLC+upgrade pack to streamline things.

The description in the store items suggest there is, but well, yeah..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dewgy posted:

Word of warning: Do not play Syndicate on PS5. As far as I’m aware the enormous problems with the dynamic time of day lighting were never patched. Almost every shadow in the game flickers in and out of existence multiple times a second and it really sucks.

oh that's just the animus having a fuckywucky

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Still better than 60 quid!

I mean hey, if it works it works right

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oh the PS5 version of Persistence is ROUGH lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah, sh4 was, what if you are trapped in your goon apartment but the posts are coming from inside the walls

Psh I have more candles than Henry does

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Johnny is the worst part of the game though

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's neon Fallout 3 yeah

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Now this is a "take"

I mean I'm playing it again and enjoying it, I enjoyed FO3 also, it's just..you know, what it is and all

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I forget if it was Revenge or Dominator but one of them the PAL release had the soundtrack half filled with different language versions of an Avril Lavigne song and that was extremely funny

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Must have been Dominator now that I look at it. Pretty decent soundtrack in general - Alice in Chains, NERD, KSE and Trivium, not bad for something mostly destiny for the PSP

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kazzah posted:

Kratos is just perpetually greasy in the PS5 version, he goes through those cracks like lightning through a wet dog

and he makes a THOOOP sound

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is this new booster making people fell worse than the first one? I’ve had pretty much no side effects from the vaccine or first booster

I've had two Astra and two Pfizer and all I got was a bit more tired than I usually already am. My body is mad hosed up from two SCTs and all sorts of other things though so who knows why

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh I didn't realise Deathverse was a PVP only game

RIP

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

where's wildman lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I said come in! posted:

People question whether or not the PS5 is worth it, but like, has anyone here tried playing any games released on the PS4 in the last 2 - 3 years? They all run like dog poo poo and look terrible. Like yeah, you can play say Gran Turismo 7 on the PS4, but have fun with those load times, and PS3 era shadows from GT5. The game is hideous looking and performs horribly to the point of being unplayable. Then you load it up on PS5, and its 4K or at least very close, and 60fps.

If a game has a PS4/PS5 hybrid version, it might as well be PS5 exclusive because chances are its not really playable on PS4.

GT7 is fine on PS4, loading aside, it looks better than Sport still

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah I dunno man I played it on a base PS4 and if the shadows were bad I was going too fast to notice/care that they were any different from Sport and there wasn't any tearing at all

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

They were doing a remake of rdr1 and a 60fps porr/patch of rdr2 but canned it after poor reception to the recent gta trilogy remaster. Lol. Lmao.

well they wouldn't be rockstar if they made good decisions now would they

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

absolutely hosed up we haven't had a ridge racer since 2011 not counting the bugbear one or phone games and even then it was a piece meal DLC nightmare

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

haveblue posted:

PS5 thread has one joke, repeatedly remade

eternally retold

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

I seem to have so many issues with my Xbox that nobody else has lol. Like how it’s changed the resolution to 640x480 and wouldn’t give me any other option until I restarted, twice! Maybe I got a dodgy one but it still works fine the vast majority of the time.

the xbox firmware detects noobs and has deemed you one

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Been using my Series X to play Silent Hill Downpour rip

hey at least downpour had some ideas and isn't completely abject trash like homecoming

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

yeaaaaah

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ah lol i never played it on ps4. it's not labeled as such. i had to go on youtube and check out MKICEANDFIRE to understand what i was supposed to be looking at. At one point she was doing some emotional monologue and she clipped into a floating sleeping bed with her eyeballs only poking out, which was so far the best horror experience in the game for me

Congrats on getting the Dead Space remake early

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Console bickering is fun friend, especially when you are bickering at the switch whose whole defence is "bayonetta 2"

it's lame as gently caress, who cares, play what you want where you want on what you want

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Terrible but also strangely fitting

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Playstation 5 thread: talk about anything but the playstation 5

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Standalone PhysX cards

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hector Delgado posted:

Diablo 3 on console was fun cause it has the dodge roll. I think they eventually patched it in the PC version.

They did not, actually!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what's up. :) welcome. ignore the killjoys, they are small and insignificant compared to the thiccstation, but then again most things are

except for the 4090

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm still a Stardust Rod fan, myself

:frogbon:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Vampire VNs on Steam are actually pretty deece (the first one is somewhat half-baked but it's a good lead-in to the second one which feels much more fleshed out) and you should check them out when they're on sale (they're 20 each right now but based on your thresholds the Steam sale $5 price would probably line up better for you lol)

I know one of them has an obvious homage to Arceuid Burnstead and she talks about buying anime DVDs so that's fun

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Thats GAS smelly too

:protogas:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

They made a video game about the rapture?

There was a really bad Left Behind RTS