Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm just now getting around to playing Dad of War. Not far into it, still waiting for it to open up, but it is fun.

SilkyP posted:

Finally getting around to ff7 remake
Anyone here see an issue if I just set the combat to easy?

I played it on normal and didn't find the combat difficult until around Chapter 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bows1 posted:

It opens up a ton and keeps adding more stuff.

I will say dont be like me and miss that using your fists builds Stagger so fast. Its a key element that you should use.

I appreciate this tip! Thanks.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bop bop perano posted:

Tomorrow outer wilds becomes a ps5 game and therefore the ps5 game

Is there an upgrade option for those who have it on PS4 already?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bop bop perano posted:

Yeah it’s free, last I heard Annapurna said they weren’t sure if it’ll also be free for PS Plus as well, but I assume it will be.

Awesome. Procrastinating on my backlog was rewarded once again.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I appreciate the thread change VG. I lurked in the old one and posted occasionally, but the atmosphere was not great so I eventually stopped trying.

Is Yakuza Like a Dragon a good starting point for that series? Or is it too much of a spin-off to be a good intro? I’ve been interested in that series for a while but I have no idea where to start at this point, and Ishin looks rad so I’d like to get at least one Yakuza game under my belt before I pick that up.

Yakuza 0 is regularly $4-5 on PS Store. It's not that price currently, but it will be in probably a week or two. It's on sale at least once a month.

Cowman posted:

Those 3 are very good games and well worth $6 each. 1 is hard as hell but 2 eases up a bit and off the record is really just if you like Frank West as a protagonist and want more DR.

I tried playing 2 recently and it stressed me out. It ramps up the difficulty pretty quickly with the time limits. I did everything in the original on 360, but I've never been able to find my stride in the series since.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Thanks! I think I’ll try 0 first, I’m kind of burned out on RPGs lately after finishing Cyberpunk and jumping straight into Elden Ring.

Yakuza LAD is turn-based, for future reference.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cowman posted:

Really? I always found 2 to be much easier than the first one in general but I can totally see why you had trouble with it.

It is, in ways. The movement is more refined, the weapons you can make add a lot of variety, but I remember getting to the 2nd or 3rd Zombrex medicine mission and hitting a wall of difficulty. If I revisit it, I'll probably just play through as much of the story as I can to unlock the areas and then just gently caress around and gain experience for a proper playthrough.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

As someone who saved every survivor in 2 back on the PS3, the game does not expect you to do that (and it's not even really possible on early runs due to survivors that require large amounts of money to save). There isn't even a trophy for saving every survivor, the max it rewards you for is like, #50.

I at least gotta save my daughter and I couldn't do that. I failed as a virtual father.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

if you have never played this wonderful game this is the perfect time

e: outer wilds, not sifu (although that does look good too)

Everyone says "Go in blind" for this one, but how long is it until the "thing" is revealed?

I might play it with a friend tonight, and I'm curious.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What's the best way for me to play The Binding of Isaac on Playstation now?

Should I buy Binding of Isaac: Rebirth at $15 and then Repentance for $20, or am I really looking at the PS5 version of The Binding of Isaac: Repentance for $60?

I know this game used to go on sale all the time, but Rebirth hasn't been on sale since 2019 according to PSDeals, and the PS5 version has never gone on sale according to the same source.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

Wanted Dead is my current object of anticipation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ljn7mG2zxs

Combat looks so good. Itching to get my hands on it.

This looks pretty awesome.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just grabbed Frostpunk Complete Collection on PS4/5 for $13.50 on PSN.

Also, Diablo Prime Evil Collection is $20 again. I grabbed it last time it was this low.

It's Diablo II: Resurrected and all of the DLC and Diablo III: Eternal Collection, if I'm not mistaken.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bioshuffle posted:

How do you restart a game? I've been opening a different game and going back but surely there is a way to just restart the game?

Use the PS Button to bring up your Home Screen. Scroll down to the submenu. Select the active software on that submenu and select "Close Game". Then click the game again and it'll reboot.

Maybe there's a more simple way, but this doesn't involve switching games/software.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

God I need to get back into Elden Ring..

I remember going down to a beach and being attacked by loving trash or something and decided I would just never go to the beach again. :v:

I got to the magic academy full of Burger Kings but the flame doggy boss stomped my rear end so hard. I kept trying to figure it out, but I was just underpowered. I had already put in 30 hours (after having just beat Bloodborne) so I decided to take a break. I need to do get back to it now that I'm hungry for some Souls, but I'd have to figure out something else to do besides die at the flame doggy a hundred more times.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I don't give a poo poo about Minecraft, nor do I care to get into it. Is there any redeemable value to Minecraft Dungeons besides it being free right now? Anyone played it?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I haven't played a Tekken game for a very long time, but I'm keen to give it a go in the modern age.

I'm not the biggest fighting gamer, and I've always been intimidated by them since, like, Soul Calibur 2. Goons got me to bite the bullet and try Tekken 7 (I liked Tekken 3 on PS1 growing up). I may not be good at it on a competitive level, but me and my friends have easily put 200+ hours into it on the PS4. Getting Tekken 8 will be a no brainer.

I hope I can give SF6 a fair shot. I bounced off pretty hard on SF4 and SF5. SF5 was especially egregious.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I didn't like SF5 much and I love fighting games. I probably played it on and off for six months but it never really hooked me. 6 looks like it's going to be fantastic though so I'm really excited to play it.

Give Guilty Gear Strive a go imo. Great mechanics and fun characters. I'm really into it.

I really liked Xrd and got the play the Strive beta. I want to get a copy, but my backlog is too stacked to dig into a fighting game. I don't think I've ever seen it go below $50, either.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
RE: Bloodborne final bosses. Gehrman kicked my rear end over a dozen times, but I did Moon Presence in one go. It was an intimidating fight, but it didn't require the same precision as Gehrman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just bought Tomb Raider 1-3 on Steam, so of course it's getting a new remaster.

It'll probably be $30 (that's what Steam currently has the remaster collection listed as), so that may be worth it to own it on the PS5 too.