Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

To whichever goon in the previous thread told people to change the internet settings on PS5 from automatic to use 5 only, holy poo poo THANK YOU, World of difference.

I’ve spent all this time since launch wondering why PS downloads were as slow as they were. Stupid that you have to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Macichne Leainig posted:

So I finally finished The Last of Us Part 1 for the Piss5, and here is my updated review after not being impressed by the first game at the start:

I just bought The Last of Us Part 2.

Strap yourself in. 2 is amazing. I liked it a lot more than 1.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

liquidypoo posted:

I think I'm the only one who finds the "no games" joke beyond tired

It sucks

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Spalec posted:

Out of all the Assassins Creed games on PS+++, which is the best? I've never played any of them and with all the free ones included on the sub I feel like I should try one. Or should I just play the one with the setting that appeals to me the most?

On a side note, I've been trying out the streaming PS3 games and I'm pretty impressed, I totally forgot it wasn't local.

Here’s an answer from someone who has played all of them instead of the usual “herp derp asscreed Ubisoft bad”

Syndicate is probably the most enjoyable and tightly designed of the “classic” style games, which as noted before are still open world but more focused on missions and stealth and poo poo.

Origins and Odyssey are from the current direction of the series which is more fuckoff huge action RPG. You’ll be picking up gear and loot, selling and disassembling what you don’t like, upgrading what you do. Sidequests, ridiculously large map, it’s all there. You can still stealth and spec yourself out as such. Both are very good games. Odyssey is a little better but also twice as big and full of optional content you can burn yourself out on.

I would recommend one of those depending on which style of game sounds more up your alley.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

withoutclass posted:

Whole lotta posts that aren't about Black Flag smh.

Black Flag is exceptional and was easily the best asscreed since 2 but it suffers heavily from tailing missions which they eventually very wisely ditched. I would only recommend it after someone has played one or two of the more recent ones and wants to play other good entries in the series.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In case it slipped the net here, Man of Medan and Little Hope have free PS5 upgrades available now

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Earn better customer service by getting rare trophies and buying games

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1576662221995749376?s=20&t=6K101fTZ9ErZqawytQYXsw

the seinfeld putting his hands up and walking out of his seat gif

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Remasters will continue until morale improves

It’s this weird line between remaster and remake. Like TLoU Part 1 is the exact same game but prettier and with an accessibility suite. It’s not an upres, serious work went into all the new shiny graphics and features.

What’s frustrating is that not only are we expected to be excited about buying a from the ground up remake of a game from literally late last gen that already has a PS5 patch, but that they’re going to put all this time and all these resources into “remaking” it when they could just, I dunno, make Horizon 3?

It’s honestly insulting. We’re two years into the PS5 and this is what we have to look forward to.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The PS5 has tons of great PS5 versions of cross gen games. It’s just if you bought it for exciting new native to the PS5 “exclusives” then whoof

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Neither console has games. Except the switch, the goat platform for true gamers

Checks out

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BGrifter posted:

Everything on Switch is either insanely expensive, or worse than the PlayStation version so mine just collects dust too. The last thing I played on it was Let’s Go Eevee when that was new.

I gotta stop buying Nintendo consoles at launch. Got burnt on the Ambassador 3DS too. :sigh:

I mostly stay away from cross platform stuff cus of the performance and no chievos thing unless it’s on sale and I absolutely love the idea of having it portable, which I almost never play it in anyway.

I love my first party Nintendo poo poo though, and it’s been a good time on that front, especially if you missed out on the Wii U as well (I didn’t lol)

The hardware power was dire even at launch and it’s long in the tooth now which makes the Switch Tax hard to swallow. But hell, I’m glad I have one.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

PlayStation Stars seems like another quality Sony service offering lol. As mentioned your past purchases and trophies are not retroactive.

Let’s take a look at the value. Currently if you buy one of the games listed in the store picks campaign you get 50 points. Let’s see how many you need for a worthwhile reward.

Awesome.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

fridge corn posted:

Well, considering I haven't got much going on atm and it's a little over a month til Tactics Ogre Reborn comes out... I resubbed to FF14 for 30 days.. :greenangel:

It's been over 2 years since I last played... everything's gone. My ui settings... my hotbars. Like tears in the rain :negative:

I have trouble remembering what all my hot bars are after like even a few weeks, might as well start from scratch after 2 years lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My FF 14 story: I was not well versed in MMOs or their associated combat roles, so when I made a character I picked the sword and shield class thinking that’d be the basic bitch route.

I made it all the way to the very end of Shadowbringers playing that Tank role, only to finally come to terms with the fact that I loving hate playing a Tank.

Like hate it to the point that I’ve since become dead set on leveling up Dragoon from scratch to the point that I can continue the story content with it lol. I’m in the low 60s at the moment I think.

It’s a long road ahead.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

When I think of the follow up to the wildly successful, influential, and critically acclaimed Arkham games that I enjoyed, I think loot boxes, number pop ups, and loud obnoxious music over fights that drag on for ages.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’ve already completed the games I wanted to play this year. Namaste

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

By which I mean none because it’s the PS5 LOL

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

No More Heroes 3 is out on PS4/5 now, if anyone cares.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The matrix tech demo was enough already to put my jaw on the ground. I legit thought I was just watching film footage with the real actors until an explosion or two dipped the framerate a bit and I had the come to Jesus moment of “holy poo poo this entire thing has been graphics rendered in engine from the start”.

I think it was the most truly impressed I’d been by a graphical leap since like PS1 to PS2. Kind of like a Half Life 2 moment of “woah, this tech is nuts”.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It wasn’t all graphics though, there was live action footage in it.

I was under the impression all of it was in engine, but even if not, just the scenes of them talking back and forth in the car looked nuts.

I realize that’s highly detailed models and lighting in the context of a controlled cutscene and wouldn’t necessarily translate to an average gameplay scenario. But it’s still cool as gently caress.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Best ranked by library of its time and impact on the industry would probably be

Tie:
PS1
PS2

PS4

PS3

PS5

I like the 5 better than the 4 though for usage because it plays all my 4 games better. PS3 is dust in the wind because almost everything was remastered for 4.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

abelwingnut posted:

thanks for all of the info on yakuza. i assume they're all playable on the ps5 at this point?

All of them are PS4 games so yes. Judgment, Lost Judgement, and 7/Like a Dragon all have PS5 versions.

Start with 0 and go numerically from there.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I had No More Heroes 3 on Switch but barely played it because, well, it looked and ran like a switch title. Now that it’s on PS5 it’s smooth as butter and hell this game kicks rear end so far.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/SilentHill/status/1581754587563708416?s=20&t=8qmA5_K0iSO-0BQ8Ondv6w

Paging Vikar to tell us all the stuff that’ll surely definitely be announced

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

This might be the worst thread in games.

Co-sign

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

DELETE CASCADE posted:

sorry if this is a repetitive bullshit post. as a new PS5 owner, i'm wondering if there is any consensus on the best 4K TVs to take advantage of the PS5? my existing TV is just 1080p, i never really cared before because i don't watch a lot of blu-ray movies so i didn't have much 4K signal to feed the TV

Whatever the latest LG C-etc is. I have a LG CG X and it’s amazing. I understand there’s several models ahead of it now.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Extremely mad about what other people enjoy or how they spend their money.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

lol. Wake up sheeple!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

I wanna play that robocop game, you know thats gonna own cos it looks great and no nasty publisher has their mits on it

I hope it’s an okay game because I really like Robocop and there’s no good adjacent media of it outside of the original movie and Mortal Kombat 11 lol

It’s an easy franchise to gently caress up.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wolfsheim posted:

Speaking of Symphony of the Night, I somehow managed to beat it, Resident Evil 2 Remake, and finish the Castlevania anime in the same 24-hour period.

SOTN rocks, and while i didn't 100% it (or 203% it or whatever) I got pretty close through natural exploration, something like 197%. It does start to feel a little easy when you level up a lot, and then I got the poison mist relic and it was all over for pretty much every enemy after that (although trying to play as Richter after the ending was insanely difficult and I'll probably never make it all the way to Dracula). In some ways it reminds me of FFVI, and not just because the pause menus are the same; something about the design philosophy of having a mostly structured first half, then a remixed version of the game world with a free form second half that you can finish as quickly as you want.

I think my favorite part was this:

This room alone has like four different secrets in it: seeing Shaft through the telescope, falling asleep in the chair, hearing the faerie's song, leaving and of course, re-entering to watch the baby chicks hatch and grow into birds who leave the nest.. I like that the game is packed full of funny, weird esoteric secrets and that a lot of the PSN trophies nudge you in their direction.

The anime was also good, though you can tell how much it lost focus after Dracula is no longer the main character, and how the writing/animation was just a little off after they swapped out the head writer + animation studio. A good use of Malcolm McDowell imho. I've also been trying to beat every retro Castlevania game in that PSN bundle and have gotten through most of them no problem but holy poo poo Simon's Quest is terrible, how did any child playing on the NES finish it without a guide?

RE2make was also good, though I clearly did worse with Claire than I did with Leon:

I blame her less effective weapons! It was a good time overall, and I think i actually enjoyed her evil police chief subplot a little more than Leon's jailhouse subplot even if he felt like a stronger character overall. It's very weird that Mr. X abruptly dies 2/3rds through her campaign despite being Leon's final boss.

One more week until Halloween, and RE3make is just sitting there...

3 remake is very short, you could blast through it no problem. It’s a fun ride, though not quite as strong as 2make mostly owing to Nemesis himself being relegated to boss fights and set pieces rather than a proper stalker enemy. It also excises locations and elements of the original, so taken with the short length, it felt more like an afterthought than a proper treatment. Still good though, and just a tad more actiony thanks to the dodge mechanic. Think of it as the cigarette after the meal that was 2.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

So just like a Naughty Dog game then

Oh totally dude

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah, gamefeels…like poo poo to play! When I’m thinking sludgy unresponsive controls, I’m thinkin’ naughty dog :xd:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Was just thinking about playing that again. Cool.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Call of Doody imo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cowman posted:

This is the truth. Really wish it was on something other than the switch though so it'd have higher quality textures and a stable framerate.

Don’t tell the Switch thread that, lol. They’ll lose their minds at you for caring about such a thing.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Imo it was only good once. Replays arent fun for me cause the middle of the game is so slow

Yeah the doll house segment is cool once and then absolutely kills replays for me. The swamp section isn’t much better as it’s mostly just a setpiece. I just wanna explore and shoot things.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think 7 has a similar problem as it peaks early with the house and then it’s like ugh poo poo I gotta do the bug house and the Lucas escape room and the ship which drags forever

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I got rolled into the Premium tier when it launched and it was so derelict of a value for months on months that it caused me to realize that I barely ever play games online anymore and instead of downgrading to the base tier I just cancelled renewal of PS+ outright.

I mean that’ll probably change once SF 6 comes out, but the moral of the story is Sony’s new PS+ offerings are so bad that it caused me to reevaluate if I even needed the basic service in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think the story and character elements in TLOU games are extremely well done, and I think it’s a little dumb to cartwheel in and be like “it’s a video game writing bad hurrr” like we’re in the year 2000. That’s like saying all movies are disposable entertainment with nothing evocative about them. It’s possible for both to exist within the same medium.