Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

History Comes Inside! posted:

What part of the game’s basic-rear end design overshoots the capabilities of last gen exactly?

They excised all the fake reactive stuff they showed in the original trailers and made a game that’s no more in-depth or detailed than your average Bethesda gamebryo turd.

It’s just poorly made.

the big tone-establishing cutscene at the beginning of the game is a montage that rapidly jump-cuts between a bunch of different locations with different NPCs, different times of day, etc. and that alone should make the PS4 explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

Just so everyone is up to speed on the hacker and how they did this:

-They claim to have done the uber hack the other day
-They claim to be 18 years old
-It sounds like they are from UAE based on gtaforum info
-Both the uber hack and the rockstar hack was done by getting into their slack by posing lol as an IT manager lmao and asking two dumbass employees for their login data at both companies lololol
-hacker claims they had no idea a leak for the newest entry in a very popular game that people have been waiting near 10 years to see would go viral.
-hacker claims to have gta5 and 6 source codes but wants 5 digits for gta5sc (hes loving 18 remember, he is lowballing, no idea what hes doing here lol) and he is not selling gta6 but wants rockstar to contact him, assumingly for ransom.
-a cryptobro got scammed out of 100k of apes or whatever the gently caress it is.
-hacker has deleted their telegram because they believe their location to be compromised. Still posting on gtaforums but now bunch of fake accounts have sprung up on twitter fighting each other over who the real hacker is while they claim to "unleash hell" tomorrow if rockstar doesnt pay the ransom. This is real life.

lmao

Snowcow posted:

That is one seriously big booty latina :eyepop:

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Noob Saibot posted:

Diablo 4 just leaked

https://www.resetera.com/threads/diablo-iv-leaked-beta-gameplay-footage.633611/

Hopefully that kotor remake leaks I want to see how bad it was that they cancelled it

wow so many bombshells being dropped today
GTA6 is a GTA game
Diablo 4 is a Diablo game
wonder what other wild revelations are in store for us

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I thought the Wo Long demo was insanely fun and these games always improve dramatically from the beta to the final game so i am very hyped

Rageaholic posted:

I will play both GTA6 and Diablo 4

I will probably play GTA6 but probably not Diablo (unless I get it free or something)

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 19, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Endorph posted:

would you prefer if gta6 was a diablo game and diablo 4 was a gta game

not necessarily but it would be pretty wild

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Casnorf posted:

nope theyre both rpgs so

:blastu:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Doom is also an RPG because you play the role of the doom guy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don't think Cyberpunk is bad to play as just a shooter. It's obviously not Doom quality, and you'll probably want to play on a low difficulty so you don't have to engage with the RPG elements as much, but the guns feels good, the cyber augments you can get are pretty fun, and the aiming feels decent enough. great soundtrack too.

Deathloop I really enjoyed until I got to the point where the game tells you exactly what you need to do to beat the game and you're just going through the motions doing repeated loops over and over again to check objectives off. At that point it was just really boring and the limitations of the sandbox became really obvious. I thought the writing was fine and the main characters were fun and charismatic.

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 21, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

liquidypoo posted:

I think I'm the only one who finds the "no games" joke beyond tired

joke?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

Astro bot who lives inside your ps5 and let you visit and see whats inside your ps5, was the best astrobot game

i agree (it's the only one i've played (i don't own a vr))

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

can’t wait to not watch it!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

is there any decent undetectable hack that lets me use my dualshock 4 on ps5 games????? i got a stonk on for cyberpunk and my goddamn dualsense is still fried with no replacement

also has anyone watched cyberpunk edgerunners???

yeah I started watching it and it made me buy cyberpunk lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fridge corn posted:

the show that made me stop watching anime altogether

that's kinda weird op

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rageaholic posted:

A 17 year old did all that? Goddamn

anything is possible when an employee clicks on an email ad for dick pills

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

one of his less controversial statements, kill la kill was extremely bad

okay but being like "that's it, i'm quitting anime" over it is weird. just go watch gundam or something, you're an adult

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

History Comes Inside! posted:

Quitting anime is something to be applauded OP

It’s trash

you have so many fuckin gangtags you need a gif to scroll through them, never post at me again

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

building my character into a ninja that pops people’s heads off with the monowire and the Sandavistan has been pretty fun

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

haveblue posted:

Not a problem, there was also a bug where anyone's breasts and dong would glitch through clothes at random

that still happens lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cyberpunk has the best motorcycle physics in gaming

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i am dumb and bad with money so I am now downloading the last of us remake

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's cool, I hope you enjoy it. Even though I've purchased that game 4+ separate times I still want to play the remake. Can you tell me if there's a 'Mirror World' tweak or option?

I was gonna just play the PS4 version because I thought I had a save from midway through the game, but turns out that save was from all the way back in the PS3 version so I just said gently caress it, might as well play the new shiny version if i'm gonna start from the beginning.
gameplay modifiers don't unlock until you beat the game but according to google there is a "Mirror World" option and also a "Mirror on Death" option.
playing on hard mode, idk exactly how much they updated the gameplay but the combat definitely feels better than I remember.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i can never understand people who don't play great games because of *the fandom*
what are you, 14? just ignore them lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fix posted:

Imagine being the EA exec saying "what we need in our portfolio is a Monster Hunter" and then completely ignoring Palicos.

lol if you think a room of EA suits is gonna ok putting a cute and cuddly mascot in the game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

folders run on arcane technology that only a crack team of the world's greatest minds could ever hope to recreate

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the AI in Hot Wheels feels really badly tuned. On easy they're a complete and total cake walk to the point that you'll basically never see them but if you bump it up to medium they instantly become stupidly hard. The front racers almost never make mistakes while the racers further back are so insanely aggressive they will literally drive themselves off of the track trying to get in your way.

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 8, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that's not horizon, that's bloodborne

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’s clear that arkane was very scared of the time loop system being too overwhelming for people so the game babysits you a lot

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

silent hill 2 remake reminds me of a youtube fan film

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

I’m optimistic. The trailer looked surprisingly good. Bloober has a bad reputation but, maybe it’ll be like when Nintendo managed to get Silicon Knights to make a couple of good games before they went independent and fell apart.

but that was nintendo and this is konami

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Escobarbarian posted:

and these guys are the FANS?

silent hill fans? no. silent hill appreciators

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

roomtone posted:

the death stranding support is surprising me here

i played that game and i mean - it wasn't boring, but i was in awe of how absurd and basically empty it's entire ethos was, i couldn't understand how a man could commit himself to this vision. lore concept upon lore concept, relating to either nothing/itself or a completely zoned out idea of what america is

mgs i got - it's silly special agent thriller stuff on the surface, but underneath there's a core of a broken man and a peace message and the awakening of his and his friends' emotional life.

in death stranding i got none of that. i got lore and absurd plot twists that veered into kingdom hearts territory, with hours of walking through admittedly gorgeous locations with decent music playing but he didn't make any of that, he just adopted it. and then all of the cast are the best semi-prestiege actors and filmmakers he could rope in with whatever slack he had in the budget. it's pure pretension, with no charm.

this isn't a word i ever really use but the only accurate description i have of death stranding is complete wank

funny? yeah, good? jesus christ

it’s about being a single father while working the world’s shittiest job op

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

roomtone posted:

i only really played ffvii remake, which is awful

also wrong. it owned.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hearing that the bad games that were inspired by great games also have bad art that was inspired by great art, considering picking them up now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ShoogaSlim posted:

final fantasy games are bad

the silent hill 2 remake will be good

i'm buying arkham knights* despite consensus bc a buddy of mine is excited about it and it's an excuse for us to play a coop game

* on disc bc i will 100% be trading it in as soon as we're done or as soon as, like, three weeks goes by if we don't stay consistent. THIS is the reason i got a disc ps5 despite buying every other game digitally. finally paid off!!

e: :synpa: love to start a new page with bad opinions

living up to that red text I see

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

roomtone posted:

it's a general demarcation. i'm far from the only one who had this reaction. i made the mistake of posting my thoughts in the FF thread and thought i actually was just a crazy negative goblin, but i looked outside of that and realised no, it did suck, really bad. and i need to not pay attention to this thing anymore.

no you were right the first time
congrats on finding a community of other crazy negative goblin people with receding hairlines that will support you tho

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

why is the PS5 install 20 gigs smaller, is that typical

PS5 games have more compressed files than PS4 ones. Compression lowers the file size but compressed files take longer to load since they need to be decompressed before being used. Since SSDs are way faster than HDDs, devs can compress their files more without load times getting out of control

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

roomtone posted:

so bizarrely hostile against me when we were talking about a video game

roomtone posted:

the audience has sacrificed the people in their early 30's who loved ffvii as a kid and wanted a more developed adult version of that for the bozos. probably will make em plenty of money. i won't be there for the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you've made an enemy of bozos everywhere