Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

VG--> :blastu: :rip: <-- old thread

for anyone curious, here are some stats about the old thread

pre:
first post:                        2020-09-22
last post:                         2022-09-14 (almost made it to two years)
number of days:                    722
number of pages:                   2940
number of posts:                   117568
posts per day:                     162.8
pages per day:                     ~4

number of mentions of
"ps5 has no games":                too many to count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i tried TOEM (free on ps+) and had to shut it off after like 5 minutes.

i have a real problem keeping my attention for very long when poo poo is too overwhelming or "complicated." the game was like talk to this NPC and oh here's a diary, now walk to the next room and talk to the same NPC again and now here's a scrapbook and a camera and all these menus blablabla and i *really* wish it was more like: you have a camera, press this to aim and this to take pictures. now go out and take some pictures for a bit. *then* you can unload all the menu and meta poo poo on me.

i blame my absolutely pathetic youtube/social media brain for the most part, but also dark souls games that don't have you do any of that stuff and just go "press this to attack" and right away there's enemies.

also i would probably try TOEM for longer if i could turn off gyro aiming. i couldn't find that in the menu and that's kind of a deal breaker.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

got through the witches of hemwick and the shadows of yharnam tonight. a big chunk of the ~2.5h i played were trying to remember where the hell to go to get to the forbidden woods. even after finally figuring it out and no longer going round and round in circles, im still not confident i could go back and do it again. yharnam has great atmosphere but it really is just too mazelike for its own good.

anyway im kinda tearing rear end through everything right now with the saw spear and it feels great. it only took me three tries for the shadows of yharnam. once bc it had been a while and i was a bit overly cocky. the second i just botched it right into the fog gate and got ganked. third time was a charm, and maybe i got lucky bc none of them spawned the big snake.

im about to fight rom but i wanna double check and make sure i did everything im "supposed" to do before the world state changes again. overall having a blast with this and it's such a different experience from my first time through.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

streaming bloodborne while i should be working if anyone is into listening to grown men curse any time they get hit by an enemy claiming it's total bullshit

https://www.twitch.tv/willxcore_

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

almost got ebrietas on my first try but got sloppy at the end. 4 other attempts not even past half health and it's late so ill try again tomorrow.

frig

e: the brainsuckers in upper cathedral ward continue to be bullshit. i quit out when i got stunlock combo'd twice in a row bc gently caress you game

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

That’s a tough one. Try and get stuck in its tail. You got this!

ty!

i think the first attempt is easier bc she's in the corner and the fight doesn't start until you get all the way up to her. i was able to get stuck in the tail for a while until she flew away.

all subsequent tries she's dead center and i cant really corner her. ill give it another go tomorrow.

itll be an accomplishment to do it alone without summoning the npc right outside her fog gate. that was the only way i could get it when i played through two years ago

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Casnorf posted:

talk about games i care about even a little

Casnorf posted:

is this the real life

yeah man we get it, you still exist.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Sony PlayStation 5: That is one seriously big booty latina

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

if anyone gets a physical copy of TLOU1 and wants to sell it when they're done hmu

i really wanna play this game after watching a digital foundry video on it. seems to be even more graphically impressive than TLOU2 which i thought was a real visual treat.

but there's still no way im paying 70 bucks for it. so can i get dibs on being third on this hypothetical list? i would ship it to whoever wants to be fourth for just the cost of dirt cheap media mail lol

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

yall want more FPS games but arent invoking the proper hypothetical reality where a studio reverts to making their good FPS franchise:

Killzone

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

RichterIX posted:

I miss the mode from Killzone 2 where it would switch every minute or so between different objective modes and TDM.

i cant remember the name of this mode but YES this was cool. one minute you were playing CTF and then it suddenly (at the end of a countdown) became Zones or something else. really kept it fresh and exciting. god drat i loved that game.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

CottonWolf posted:

Killzone 2’s opening is still so good.

https://youtu.be/LRNwgE4iPJg

Scolar Visari portrayed masterfully by Brian Cox posted:

My people... Sons and daughters of Helghan. This much I vow.
The history of these days will be written in blood. By crushing the armies of our enemy, by seizing the weapons they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very existence.
But if there are those who would deny us peace; refuse us our rightful place in the universe, then we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish!

The enemy may shatter our bodies, but they cannot break our spirit.
Even now they advance on our home world, to seize by force what they cannot claim by right. They cannot imagine what awaits them.

WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES!

Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter; never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy; fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities... they will know, Helghan belongs to the Helghast.

i almost forgot how loving amazing Brian Cox is in this and how cool that opening cinematic is

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

beat micolash and nightmare of mensis. i fudged up and only got two umbilical cords so i cant fight the real last boss but thats ok

i decided to go into the dlc and gently caress around there for a bit. not sure i have enough in me to do the whole thing, but i might as well give ludwig another try now that ive gotten gooder at these games.

i miiight go back to sekiro again after this, which i only played like 2 or 3 actual hours of when i tried it like two months ago. i might be fromsoft'd out tho and will need a change of pace tho maybe.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

miyazaki movies (not even all of them)

and vampire hunter d/ninja scroll

that's it. that's the list of good anime that's ever been made.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Dewgy posted:

Akira fuckin’ rules :colbert:

:hmmyes:

forgot one

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

as much as i couldn't stand cyberpunk at launch, i'm willing to give a development team a second chance and try a game that they've been hard at work updating for months and months.

i almost jumped on the 9.99 ps4 disc version bc why not. but truth is, god of war is right around the corner and my backlog is already filled with stuff i actually want to play that i can't imagine i'd ever get around to cp2077 before it eventually becomes free on ps++ or something

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i bought tunic based on the few praising posts in this thread.

i checked out a ~minute-long trailer video, but acksplode's effortpost itt really helped sell it for me:

acksplode posted:

It's tough for me to explain without spoiling except by rambling, so here's some words.

i'm usually pretty pessimistic and skeptical when i "blind" buy games bc i'm a sucker for getting caught up in some hype.

i still haven't finished stray bc it just gets so mind-numbingly boring despite being cute and good looking.

i thought inscryption was fine and i'm intrigued by it, but having to go back and play a bunch of slow-paced card games over and over again feels like a chore.

but look...

listen...

tunic is loving great immediately from the moment it starts. played around 3 hours straight which is saying a lot for a game i didn't know existed until today. i'm only stopping bc it's late and i need to go to bed, otherwise i would just keep playing and playing. i'm bummed i have to go to work tomorrow bc i wanna keep playing.

if you're at all curious and can spare 30bux just buy it

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How’s the Pulse wireless headset? It’s on sale on Amazon today

i like it. sound and fit are both good which is about as much as you can ask for. few things bothered me at first and only one thing still does:

- the controls on the left ear take a bit of getting used to. idk why they didnt put some controls on the right ear like even just the power switch would help differentiate how many volume rockers and buttons and doodads you have to blindly fiddle with while not looking. ive gotten used to it at this point tho so its fine.

- the ps5 only has one usb input (in the front) and i would always have a usb-c cord hanging out of it for when i wanted to charge a dualsense. needing to swap the cord with the pulse headset usb dongle every time i wanted to use it was a slight annoyance but not the end of the world. i wound up buying the dualsense charging cradle that plugs into the wall, so now the headset dongle is always in the ps5. problem solved.

- if you wear glasses, the headset kinda shoves them into your head a bit. it doesn't feel bad after a minute or so, but ymmv depending on head size and the way you're glasses sit on your dome. a buddy of mine always switches to contacts to use his pair. i think thats overkill but im sure it would be more comfortable.

other than the above, i enjoy having a dedicated headset for the ps5 even tho i have other headphones that would be compatible with a dongle or wire probably (two nice pairs of bose headphones that i use for work or airplanes). having dedicated gaming features is cool, and the part that goes over your ears is large enough (for me) to be more comfortable for a gaming session imho

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

just catching up from a few pages ago

why the gently caress would anyone watch a nearly 3 hour movie that got a 45% aggregate score on rotten tomatoes?

::looks back at movie details::

oh i guess bc its apparently nc-17?? horniness always wins

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

talmbout video game soundtracks itt and not mentioning journey or flower is a crime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5dLo-Da6T0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4_HI-mIhk

the vinyl for the journey soundtrack is beautiful, too

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Shrecknet posted:

Horizon Forbidden West was a very good game. It's nice to have a game that truly skewers the rich and presents them as an evil to be overcome not a saving force.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

what does "do something" mean lol

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

new rule: you can't claim "no games" anymore until you platinum astro's play room, which is the ps5's killer app

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i can't think of a single game xbox exclusive (PC doesn't count) that would make me want that console instead of or in addition to a playstation. if you don't care about halo or gears then literally what is there? MAYBE if you want to play as many games as possible you would be enticed by gamepass as the better deal. but for me that's not important.

genuinely curious why some people consider xbox the "better" console

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

butt dickus posted:

can i buy a ps5 digital edition anywhere yet without having to be checking at the exact right moment?

• gamepass is the greatest gaming deal in history and i get to play tons of games that i wouldn't otherwise
  • i was able to buy one with relative ease
  • i greatly prefer the controller, especially the stick layout
  • the ps5 looks like poo poo and i preemptively bought replacement panels on the assumption i would be able to purchase one within 2 years of release
  • it plays 4 generations of games
  • you can put retroarch on it and play ps1 and ps2 games which you can't do on ps5 lol
i want a playstation 5 for exactly one reason and that's to play returnal if it came to xbox i would have no reason for a ps5

appreciate the list and honest answer. for someone who wants to play as many games as possible, i can see the appeal kinda. for me, i play a small handful of games a year and mostly use my ps5 to watch youtube and netflix (thank goodness i paid a lot of money for a big 4k tv!). even with my limited gaming, i have more games in my backlog than i could finish in a few years. i def am not the type to play everything that comes out, and i mainly just focus on the big name titles that are mostly only playable on a playstation console.

kanonvandekempen posted:

Is it butter-up-the-shareholders-month already?

its officially Q3 so... yes!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

buddy of mine was more excited about splatoon 3 on the switch than any game ive ever been excited about in my whole life

apparently sold a poo poo ton of copies too and broke some records

i played some of it with him and told him it was cool. but that was a lie. the game is bad and stupid and i hate it.

i regret buying a switch

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

what was the game that was on VGs GOTY list last(?) year that was a first person game in like the middle ages/medieval era. it was a mod of some other game that became its own game and had a mechanic gimmick having to do with solving puzzles or something? i occasionally think about how it was described and it seems intriguing but i can never remember the title and google doesn't help

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

The forgotten city.

hell yeah ty for the quick help

is it really any good?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

acksplode posted:

It's very good.

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it slaps

true. might buy it.

still gotta pick tunic back up after neglecting it for about a week. i really love it, but got stuck after the second boss and a little frustrated about backtracking. im sure once i put a little more effort in ill be back in the fun zone with it

i also recently beat my bloodborne replay and i kinda wanna just ng+ and keep going, but i should tackle sekiro to complete the miyazaki saga

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

tried deathloop again. in less than a minute of gameplay, i'm interrupted to be told i can "play my way" by doing stealth or guns blazing. then i killed two enemies, picked up one of their guns and was interrupted by a menu thing telling me how to use guns (loving lol) and then another one right after that told me how to swap weapons. then i went to pick up another gun on the ground right next to it and was interrupted by a menu thing telling me how to dual-wield.

all while there's in-world floating text telling you "their trash your decoy" AND THEN helper text in the HUD telling you that bottles are portable noise makers, what the buttons do, before finally explicitly telling you, the dumb loving idiot gamer, that "thrown bottles can distract Eternalists and draw them from your path."

i'm trying to be objective here and i know that games like god of war '18 and doom eternal do similar poo poo by interrupting your play to hold your hand, but for some reason in those games it didn't annoy me as much. is it just me or is this game overtly hand-holdy? is it a necessity bc of the style of game/loop/whatever it is? am i being too harsh? idk. it just really sucks and especially bc it was free i don't feel any compelling draw to even try to sniff out what some people really like about it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i think im happier with enemies that are hard enough so that you can't kill them with style, you just need to kill them anyway you can.

i hate to be a "dark souls ruined other games" type. i keep using god of war and doom eternals as other examples of action games i enjoy. you're "forced" to fight enemies a certain way in doom eternal but you don't always *need* to fight them that way.

in the later uncharted games, some groups of enemies are intended to be approached via stealth first. you dont gotta, but the encounter overall is easier if you do it that way so it benefits your playthrough and it happens to also feel satisfying and look cool.

if enemies are easy enough to kill normally then im gonna kill them normally. if they're hard and need to be learned a certain way and then can be finessed after you get adept at the proposed way, that's a whole other story.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i am fuckin shook at the amount of SH hate in this thread

i had no idea anything silent hill was being announced today but saw the SH2 trailer when i fired up youtube after work

i nearly loving cried. SH2 is in the shortlist for best video game of all time and i dont even give a poo poo if its a hackjob remake (it wont be), getting to replay it at all is going to be so amazing and im so happy and gently caress any SH hater or denier

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

idk what bloober or pooper or whatever is, but im happy to remain wilfully ignorant

any haters please feel free to speculate on ways they could actually gently caress the game up except "they made bad games before"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

sh2 doesn't need a remake but i cant play it on my ps5 so ill buy it anyway and hope it somehow proves everyone wrong

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

Started the Bloodborne Remaster just now. Didn’t even know From was releasing this? Holy poo poo the werewolf looks incredible!

the what

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

final fantasy games are bad

the silent hill 2 remake will be good

i'm buying arkham knights* despite consensus bc a buddy of mine is excited about it and it's an excuse for us to play a coop game

* on disc bc i will 100% be trading it in as soon as we're done or as soon as, like, three weeks goes by if we don't stay consistent. THIS is the reason i got a disc ps5 despite buying every other game digitally. finally paid off!!

e: :synpa: love to start a new page with bad opinions

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Dewgy posted:

lol you are a humongous bitch

is it bc the poster you quoted is taking shots at ff7 remake?

bc if so, they're right. ff7 remake is an embarrassment, just like your stomp-my-feet response lol

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Dewgy posted:

look I don’t even know what the point of that post was lmao

tbh i tell myself the same thing every time i hit the submit button

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

god of war drops like two days before i leave for another city for a week. bummed i wont get to sit with it the weekend it drops but i am def gonna put in maximum hours before i leave.

bc i preordered digitally, i can start playing it "early" right? i think it's available at 9pm tuesday night for me in california.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

avoided posting in this thread for like two weeks since i went on a trip two days before GOWR came out and didnt want spoilers or whatever

now im about 15 hours into the game and idk.. it's kinda whatever tbh. basically still feels like a GOW18 expansion pack mostly except they changed some controls to be worse (triangle not being the go-to axe button is insane) and kept in all the annoyingly artificial movement slowdown things to hide loading even though it's half a decade later and we should be past this poo poo.

the combat is fun, but at this point it's still basically a 1:1 with the last game and there's still too much story and slow walking and boat paddling and blablabla

unless something cRaZy happens to change things up, this is going to wind being a solid 7.5/10