Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Mods? MODS? MODSSSS????

lol at you angrily reading this thread not posting until you find a reason to continue to miss the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

the Marvel Wonder Woman movie

i can't tell if this is a joke or

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

HopperUK posted:

my god you whiny dickhead you got a sixer for being an rear end in a top hat and this is how you're gonna be about it

Dewgy posted:

Sixer grudges are the absolute best ones, you should cherish this.

the sixer is the least severe of their probes. the rap sheet is boggling.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i suggested everyone use the ff7r2 thread when that game was taking up every post per page here and my post was even mod edited to remove the link to that dedicated thread. apparently dedicated threads are bad :confused: so why would anyone talking about stellar blade, a ps5 exclusive, not be allowed to do so in this thread?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

SilkyP posted:

Just watched Swiss Army Man and it’s incredible imo. Paul Dano is such an underrated actor and I really enjoyed Radcliffes performance too. Just literally cried laughing and laughed crying, incredible movie and like the best 2 hours I’ve dedicated to a movie in a while

are you lost?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

"ok i just realized that thing on the right is what's talking"

about the vtuber lolol

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

tunic is another game in my library i paid for but never finished and is now free. but im not mad bc i had a good time with it for the amount of time i played it when it first dropped.

beating a boss or finishing a part of the map and circling back around to some part of the map you've been to before is all part of the charm and whimsy of the game design. the things you don't know upfront that are later revealed is a feature, not a bug. it's good.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Kefa posted:

Me, I like it a lot but the battery sucks big time. It usually lasts about 3-4 hours for me I think.

the trick is to not bother playing anything for longer than that in one sitting bc who has the time for that?

i like my dualsense and i don't really notice bad battery issues (that are much worse than the OG controller) but i really do only play for short periods of time. i also have a pretty beefy external usb-c charger that i leave on my coffee table for the rare times i need to charge. as i type that, i'm realizing the expensive controller does come with a long usb-c cable that i could plug in and take advantage of instead of putting my external battery, but i like leaving the usb dongle for my wireless headset in the ps5 at all times, and i don't want to mess with that balance/routine.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

funny bc i just watched a similar vid the other day that i thought was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKpNWvQ4kdo

Kefa posted:

I normally don’t play for more than that either but having to plug it in after almost every gaming session is annoying. I may buy one of those charging stations honestly.

Are you talking about turning off all the features? I like them though, so I’d rather not. I don’t think there’s anything else that would improve the battery life.

i have the charging station and it's a real quality of life improvement. def recommended. also leave all the features on, it's why you bought the thing in the first place, you should enjoy it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

big nipples big life posted:

Thanks for the posts about the DS edge, been thinking about grabbing one when my current DS goes to poo poo. Just trying to justify to myself that it's worth the price of 3 controllers.

consider that my day 1 DS that came with the ps5 got stick drift, then i bought another regular DS that got stick drift. and since getting the edge, over a year now, it's worked fine ever since. so instead of having another one or two go to poo poo in that time, the edge has held up.

you could say i've been edging ever since with no trouble. worth it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

sekiro is bullshit

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i got past two sticking points i was having trouble with in sekiro tonight. but now i'm just up to another miniboss fight that feels like a huge pain in the rear end to memorize. die. respawn. fight or run past a bunch of grunts. get to the miniboss, fail to memorize the pattern or predict or react fast enough to the attacks. die. respawn. eventually get it. fight a bunch of low level easy grunts. another mini boss. repeat.

the movement feels pretty janky. like i'll run, jump onto some ledge, run, and go to jump again so i can hook onto some tree branch, and it all feels kind of unresponsive and accepts the running input well before it accepts the jump. a lot of times when i'm trying to get into a flow of movement, i just wind up running straight off a ledge i meant to jump off of at the last second.

also, wolf doesn't always grab onto ledges with consistency. enemies don't always get a red target on their back when i approach them from behind. it all just feels about 10% off and inconsistent which makes it annoying to replay the same parts after i inevitably die.

most of the time i just run straight into an arena of grunts and brute force them because it doesn't even pay to wait forever for them to attack you just so you can deflect. i'm still extremely early on in the game and some of these enemies get a red target with just a few sword slashes even when they're blocking if i just wail on them. i'm sure that will change as the game progresses and gets tougher, but it's not exactly training me to rely on deflects as much as i thought i would need to. and that just further fuels my lack of patience for dealing with any of them during these repeated attempts to kill one miniboss. i'm not gonna stealth around a section and backstab enemies when i can just slice them up or completely go around all of them and run straight to the miniboss so i can get my death over with.

idk. i did a ton of complaining when i first played bloodborne, but i really thought after playing bb, des, ds1, ds3, er, and lies of p, that sekiro wouldn't feel like that much of a departure. but i'm just not loving it the way i expected i would or thought i might based on all the praise.

i'll keep going, but it's a bummer i'm not having more fun with it.

Fix posted:

I'm obsessed with Remnant 2 at the moment. What's the word on the new DLC? Who has played it?

i bought it bc i watched my video game buddy playing it as he was casting his screen and it looked pretty fun. but the few times i've jumped on and played with him, i legit have absolutely no idea what's going on or what any of the mechanics are or anything. it makes me feel like my dad trying to figure out how to get the VCR to stop blinking 12.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i clicked one, just for the thrill of it. it was some dumb looking game for 5 bucks. i don't recommend clicking any of these extremely vague and unhelpful links. my computer probably has a virus now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

PlayStation 5:

Instant Grat posted:

not only Juicy Anime rear end, but also Philosophy and Reading