Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Jesus christ the „50€” price increase turned out to be closer to 450 PLN in real life for the cheapest bundle available. The PS5 is now over 1.5 the minimum wage in Poland

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i bet the writers room had fun, all they had to do was ctrl+c and then ctrl+p

I think that’s unfair. They also had to ctrl+v

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Thats because a fish has a 5 min memory

In actuality, fish can have fairly impressive memories, with the oft-derided goldfish being able to recollect things it learned multiple months ago

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ShoogaSlim posted:

what does "do something" mean lol

Make a game

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah the "exploit" in dead space was only to carry a cutter so you only ever dropped that ammo which i always thought was a dumb gameplay decision

This is also a good Returnal strat btw. Only unlock the Tachyomatic for Biome 3 boss and Electropylons for the next two and you’re golden

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Neither console has games. Except the switch, the goat platform for true gamers

The switch is great if you missed out on video games from 2006 to 2016

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
the switch itself is way too heavy to be used as a portable tho. consoles shouldn’t be bigger than a PSP

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
just for the love of god stop making huge electronics

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

History Comes Inside! posted:

My switch has never been docked youre all playing it wrong

I put my penis inside the switch's penis

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

JBP posted:

I mean we all know about the healthcare and big ticket stuff but why is all the small poo poo broken too

Like do you get a weird number for prepaid? A number that identifies you as not having the credit for a post paid phone? Or is it because of the patriot act?

the poors need to suffer

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Playstation 5: ???→"???"→???

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Cant be... video games... for sony piss5??

No, it's a PS4 game :rolleye:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You might think the stratification of society is a problem and that poor people deserve entertainment, however, consider the gamer experience

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Thankfully we’ve established in the previous thread that as long as gamers can game, nothing else matters because something something no ethical consumption

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
After the MSRP raise I'm not in a place where I dare even consider it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Managed to finally kill Phrike, took me uh..a large health item and also an astro figure but it felt good, suspended the cycle once I got to the desert though for sleep reasons

Good job! Phrike is by far the hardest boss in Returnal, adjusted for when you fight him.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

bloodychill posted:

I happen to be a developer

Get out

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Remember in one of the older threads when people were shitcanning people who said demon's souls ps5 could run on ps4 @30fps no problem???

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1579962205902372864?t=q_6c-TjjkXZaTUCIlk64Nw&s=19

Lol. Lmao. :getin:

I can’t believe a PS5 game turned out to be a PS4 game!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

that’s so awesome. we finally have the power to make games look bad

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
this is like when they declared to finally make a chatbot to pass a turing test and the chatbot was pretending to be an english as a fourth language autistic child from estonia

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Escobarbarian posted:

loving HELL the “PS5 has no games” posts are soooooo old and tired you guys haven’t come up with a new spin on the joke in months and months it’s just the same thing repeated eternally

e: please pretend I edited this to be more chill

much like the purported PS5 games

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Noob Saibot posted:

cancelling their own presentations and screwing up reveals to try to mislead review boards into thinking they have no games

Got bad news for you

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mr Hootington posted:

This might be the worst thread in games.

Fitting for the worst console in games(' history)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Donut County is barely a game, there’s no real gameplay elements outside of a couple of very basic ‘puzzles’.

“Katamari witb a hole instead of a ball” is a concept that could have gone places and they do pretty much gently caress all with it.

holy poo poo it's 2013 Gone Home discourse but worse

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

(1)Well for one I liked that it changed up the actual mechanics and I had to build a new set of skills, even though I mainly relied on snipers, it still has a certain "late start/last second save" kinda thing going on with the refillable item usage. (2)Secondly, I thought the atmosphere was totally incredible. P03 was my favorite character in the game pretty much from the start and I just love how much of a prototypical cynical nerd he is, his whole perfectly paced character reveal to the player (from a sympathetic and bedraggled comrade to a smirking goober keyboard toucher)... but also how rote he can be as he blatantly copies the other Scrybe's designs but in a mass-produced way, it's both really funny to me and also a depressing reminder of contemporary mass-produced IP spectacle. (3)Third, the contrast of his tabletop environs + factory was just so engaging to me, not just the whole lovely clickity clack animation of everything but how thematically it's asking the player whether they'd prefer to be a dignified yet lonely beast in a shack somewhere, or an alienated automaton in an Amazon fulfillment center. Please take our survey, also rate your experience, and by the way would you mind identifying all pictures that contain a streetlamp while you're at it? The whole angle on how dehumanizing contemporary labor can be, or how labor is often game-ified to disguise rampant exploitation...relevant stuff imo in the age of "Company Scavenger Hunts." So really the question hanging over the whole thing is: which future of entropy is more appropriate to the human spirit? I think Leshy is right in the end. (4)Fourth, Botopia has a slate of awesome bosses that just get funnier, more inventive, and more touching as they go, to the point that I was standing and clapping by their conclusion. And (5)finally, I appreciated how the meta of the story's focus on these fabled Dungeon-Masters broke down into a sort of criticism of "it's not in the tale you tell but how you tell it" and how that also coincides with a dev critique of game development in general, using mostly open-source assets to be a game about making games, be they myst puzzlers, deck-builders, snes rpgs, roguelites, fmv games, or a dismal future composed of endlessly linear shootmans, but that any of them can be engaging if they focus on human connection and authenticity first and foremost. Sorry, this kinda turned into a bunch of gibberish. :shobon:

This was more or less my takeaway but a person I know came out from the game with the takeaway that it was actually about Hitler’s poker hand and called me stupid for talking about thematic messages and since then I could only think about Hitler’s poker hand and it retroactively infected my game enjoyment

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Fix posted:

Oh, and I really wish it had gyro aiming.

It does though?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Escobarbarian posted:

She’s some gay YouTube kid who was on Dance Moms

As far as I'm concerned, all youtube kids are gay youtube kids

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Red Warrior posted:

Five hundred and forty-nine US dollars!
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1587792260594339843

Honestly not as bad as I was expecting.

Edit: Another $50 for a bundle including the Horizon Call of the Wild game. No indication of anything being included in the regular bundle, would have been nice to get say an Astrobot mini game or something with it.

holy lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I can't believe the rueful "$599 and no games" dirge has sounded once again

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Show has one of those gross “uh ACTUALLY she’s an adult she just looks like she’s 12, so it’s perfectly fine she’s half naked all the time” characters and shouldn’t be encouraged, imo.

she's cool op

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Waltzing Along posted:

Wrex is a cop for hire.

Have some god drat solidarity with gig workers.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ShoogaSlim posted:

in neon white, you can press square to skip all dialogue and story to play a level. you press the touchpad to instantly restart the level. as soon as you finish a level you replay it to shave a second off your last time. over and over.

in disco elysium and outer wilds, you... don't get to do any of that. you do the exact opposite. they're great from what i played so far, but they're not returnal or celeste or souls games where you constantly and frequently repeat a gameplay loop to do it better each time. i'm hosed.

That’s so hosed up

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Organza Quiz posted:

Would I enjoy neon white if I like ARPGs and platformers but don't usually play first person stuff and especially not shooters?

Buy Lovely Planet first and see if you like that

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Escobarbarian posted:

Hope all you One Piece fans enjoy your perv game for weirdos

Oh you know I will :getin:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Lol loving christ. Poor singaporeans

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Elden Ring is a solid 8 out of 10

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Ok, is Atomic Heart going to suck? It looks ambitious and graphically impressive, and I like what they're saying about it so far.

It looks good and fun but also you will be directly funding the russian invasion on ukraine. Thankfully we established before that it's fine because our individual video game joy is more important

goblin week fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 17, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

veni veni veni posted:

Glad some keyboard warrior sitting safely in his moms basement in the US/UK could chime in on the nuance of developing a game in Russia in 2023. Thank you for your input.

i am literally eastern european you loving goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bugblatter posted:

Is there a reason buying Atomic Heart is funding the Ukrainian invasion any more than buy whatever US made game in the 00s was funding the Iraq invasion?

Genuinely asking. I’m not quite ready to condemn a studio for existing in a certain country and being unable to denounce that country because said country is fascist as gently caress… but if they’re more actively supporting the invasion then gently caress them.

Actually yeah! Because I get not wanting to condemn an entire country’s creative output

https://twitter.com/fj_undead/status/1613983730846007298

Here’s an extended thread. Sorry for the tone of it