Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ryū ga Gotoku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I really wish they updated 3, 4 and 5 in the same way they did the Kiwamis but I dunno, thats probably a crazy ask lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Star Man posted:

The year is 2022, and the only video games coming out are remakes of games that came out on the PlayStation in 1998.

WHERE IS MY ALUNDRA REMASTER

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i just played uncharted on easy and punched everyone tbh

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Even with that option the game sucked

Hades did some things very well - the voice acting, the presentation but the game just felt to reliant on spamming a dodge button which didn't work for me

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

crossposting a goated image

Weird Mighty Max vibes from this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Macichne Leainig posted:

Deathloop is an OK video game with writing that doesn't do it for everyone and that's OK. Not everything Arkane makes will be great.

everything they make is great though

(i have not played Deathloop)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the one vr game I wanted to try for the ps4 was Astrobot and RE7 but I’m fairly sure that playing RE7 or any horror game in vr would make me barf and cry

people love RE7 in VR but I hated it, its a step down in visual quality and it just made me feel really uncomfortable and unwelcome in a way I wasn't ok with

Astrobot is pure joy though, I mean literal eyes wide open joy I hadn't experience playing a videogame since I was a child

something about VR Tetris Effect was really cool

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rinkles posted:

Absolutely, more people should play the original Witcher.

In 2022? You monster

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Fallout 3 is a great game, I have many many happy memories of it - the fire ants (THEM!), the antagonizer/mechanist battle, Three Dog, wandering about the wasteland for about 50 hours before going to rivet city, the wasteland survival guide, Megaton, Tenpenny Tower, the Oasis. Just a game I have so much fondness for

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Outer Wilds can be really inscrutable at times, I am way too dumb for this game :negative:

i felt the same way Beanpole, I put it down maybe twice and only after hearing nothing but praise decided to knuckle down and really give it a real square go. It requires you to think out the box a bit but I felt it was fairly well guided for the majority. I'll admit though I got super stumped in the last maybe 10% and just had to look up a guide, I would have loved to have solved it of my own accord but that little bit of assistance was preferable to just binning it out of sheer frustration. It depends which side of that fence you sit on but yeah I wouldn't fault anyone for bouncing off that game out of sheer bewilderment

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Casnorf posted:

bullets are the boringest way to interact with anything

jumping is boringer

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bop bop perano posted:

Also it made jonathon blow rage quit (or anglerfish specifically, even though he’d been there many times and knew that any noise whatsoever would make them come after you still did it and got pissed enough to quit. And he had just figured out what to do to beat the game, so he was basically within a single loop or beating it and literally quit out of the game and whined for like 10 minutes and never played it again.

Tbf that was me with The Witness

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The vidjagame song that puts the biggest smile on my face is buck bumble from the n64s theme

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bloodychill posted:

Even Flow is the ultimate boomer anthem, just ahead of Amber

It's a great song from a class album

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Remake G police you cowards

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Nuts and Gum posted:

drat that name unlocked some memories!

My mother made me do household chores at 20p a pop, i was hoping to save the 20 quid for a platinum copy of g police? I think I got about 16 quid in before giving up spending it all on games magazines and rentals of odd world abes odyssey!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bloodychill posted:

Too many games with the abbreviation DS

And still Desert strike has never been beaten

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Normally the thread only gets this brand warrior-ish when there's bad news. I guess that latest Sony leak must have been something special

Console bickering is fun friend, especially when you are bickering at the switch whose whole defence is "bayonetta 2"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RareAcumen posted:

How? What's the PC equivalent of 400$ gold HDMI cables to improve the sound?

144hz 4k monitor

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What did blizzard do today.

They are apologizing for the Overwatch 2 launch not meeting expectations

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vikar Jerome posted:

They stopped an old game from starting and "released" a sequel they already released years ago and it didnt work

whats funny is this could be about warcraft or overwatch, i have no idea

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

The gotys are for whatever games you played that year not necessarily only games released that year

2012-2022 dota. Rip

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

univbee posted:

"Poor people deserve Overwatch 2" would be an impressive statement that could mean basically anything depending on the level of disdain the person saying it has for the disadvantaged.

lmao

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

lmao wtf

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FireWorksWell posted:

It's especially "funny" to me because around the same time we learned about Blizzard's gender verification system for tournaments, plus all the other horrible poo poo they've done in the past, but this is the really bad thing.

loving up warcraft 3 was the lowest point

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

i mean i was being kind of tongue in cheek but on a personal level the wc3 thing still stands

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jose Oquendo posted:

How do people live with broken smoke detectors? If one of mine starts beeping because of the battery I drop whatever I'm doing and change it. I'll even go to the store ASAP if need to buy a new battery.

well, mines wired into the wall and theres no point just replacing it because Scotland has a new law where homeowners must have smoke alarms linked on every floor of the house so i would need to rip it out and put in a new own downstairs and connect them all

you really tune out of the beeping after a while

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
its ok guys im still using a 1985 vintage back boiler in my house which could do a The Shining and explode without warming at any point during the winter, my missus burning the toast is the least of my worries

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Noob Saibot posted:

People said this poo poo about crash bandicoot a few years ago and then the remake came out and broke all sales records.

crash bandicoot > silent hill

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

History Comes Inside! posted:

The THPS remakes were perfect but crash trilogy broke the already tricky platforming and absolutely sucked because of it, let’s not kid ourselves.

i played through it in a weekend, had a bunch of fun and of course didnt think anything about the physics or platforming being changed until reading about it on the internet

not saying its not subtlety different, just saying i'm very thankful it didn't bother me as much as *the internet*

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

There are games better than Elden Ring. Elden Ring isn't even the best From game (that's Bloodborne)

Pssst.

It's dark souls 1.

(It might be demon souls, I am not nerdy enough to have played that one)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ps5 controller, squirt baked beans into my mouth, ty

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Silent Hill is also a movie where Sean Bean survives, which is a platinum rare achievement

Lmao brilliant

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The story in death standing felt very silly and overblown and ridiculous but I still gobbled every cutscene

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

roomtone posted:

i only really played ffvii remake, which is awful and last of us 2, which is excellent, during covid. and all i really remember in terms of Big Gaming Convos besides the hilarious anti-trans nonsense against abby, who isn't trans, is the boys at GB being like 'man is this really what the world needs right now' about last of us 2's cool sad story. that was my gaming covid zone. ffvii disappointment and i should have known followed by last of us 1 is fine not my fave into whoah this game is good for part 2.

AWFUL is a strong word but I will admit its just not what I wanted from an ff7 remake which I guess was basically ff7 with nice graphics

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

Why is the game bigger in the EU? Do we get more polygons?

EU versions have more languages

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Wolfsheim posted:

In a stroke of fortune RE3make is on sale just as I'm on the cusp of finishing RE2make... am I a horror guy now?

under a tenner? don't mind if i do

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i just buy all my games and then keep them all because i can't bear to lose any from my collection with one exception i can think of - The Order: 1886, a game so numb and bland that I just put it in the bin rather than keep it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

lmao this is adorable

edit: y'know what the world needs, a turn based dark souls