Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Granblue Relink being a Monster Hunter style game has me interested. I love a good MonHun-like. Dauntless, God Eater, Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, whatever. Gimme gimme.

But yeah, i also just got Infinite Wealth, and I'd be getting the PS4 version of Relink to boot. So I should just wait until I have a PS5 and hope the online isn't dead by then (it will be). How much would the code for the mobile game items go for? If I can recoup some cost with that I might still get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I don't know if they named it, but that Silent Hill Phenomenon poo poo was in Ascension, too. So you know it sucks.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ShoogaSlim posted:

i restarted yakuza 0 a few weeks ago, wanting to give it an honest go this time. i got past the first boss encounter and it's fun enough so far, but yeah i skipped a lot of cut scenes and don't feel like i missed much of anything. i watched/paid attention to like half of what was going on and i got the gist of it just let me get back to punching holy poo poo.

e: then i bought re4 and just started playing that instead. i pick up a diary with three pages of lore/back story about the virus or plot and just mash x until it goes away. roundhouse kicking zombies > reading

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

BigDumper posted:

I just started Yakuza Like a Dragon and the first 2-3 hours is basically a glorified cut scene. And it owns.

This poster gets it.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I took my turn making fun of the dumb poster, but it's obvious they like the attention. So now I'm done.

Back to fun video games!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Steve Yun posted:

I see Like A Dragon Hero Edition is $18 right now.

What do these mean?

Job set = the 2 DLC jobs
Crafting Mat set = stuff for crafting weapons
Management set = extra staff to use in the management minigame that makes it even easier
Karaoke set = extra karaoke songs
Costume set = more costumes, just cosmetics.
Stat boost set = some drinks to give you +1 in HP, MP, etc. Useful but not gamebreaking.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

WaltherFeng posted:

Im curious how much Platinumgames had a hand in Granblue because I feel like the entire single player could very well be designed by them

I wrote it in the game's thread, but it feels an awful lot like Babylon's Fall. But better and higher budget.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
XBox always makes me think of:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
There's only one person who can save XBox now:

Put The Rock on the board, have him pin Phil. That'll stop the bad press!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Shammypants posted:

What is that about anyway? My friend posted a tweet in a group chat that sounded like word salad nonsense to anyone not deeply invested in wrestling

Way too involved to get into here. Check the Vince McMahon thread in PSP if you want the details. But basically, The Rock is swooping in and seizing power as Vince and his cronies are getting exposed and ousted as serial sexual abusers (to put it lightly) and enablers.

Part of that deal is taking the main event match at Wrestlemania against Roman Reigns, which has people dumb enough to still be watching WWE mad. The sexual abuse didn't get them angry, but The Rock getting the big match instead of Cody has them upset on the internet.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
ResetEra sold for $4.5 million. lol

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
You see that Playstation? You can go there.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Let's get foamy.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

y'all been foamin today? was waiting to hear the foam news from foam bros about foam

Okay, Foamstar effort post because I've been playing for a few hours tonight:

Foamstars is actually pretty fun. It's split between solo / co-op missions and 4 v 4 modes. The missions are just defending a generator from waves of enemies. Each character has a mini-story to go through, and you can unlock upgrades like faster reload, etc by completing them. Co-op is four players doing the same, but it's harder. There are Hard co-op missions too that you need to be pretty well upgraded to stand a chance at.

4 v 4 has a few different modes.
-Smash the Star is the main mode. Each team has 7 lives, once they're gone one person on the team turns into the Star. If the Star dies, that's game.
-Happy Bath Survival is 2-on-2 with the other 2 members of each team only able to foam up the arena to help. 1 life, best 2-out-of-3 rounds. Also has instakill water hazards.
-Rubber Duck Party is like moving the payload in Overwatch. Capture it to move it towards the opponent's base, get it all the way there to win.
-There's also solo and party Ranked, but they haven't rotated in yet. Maybe on the weekend.
-Every match has a 7 minute time limit too so it's not like they drag even if no one is outright winning.

Overall it's like Splatoon, but with more emphasis on shooting the other team. You kill (or "chill" as the game calls it) someone by shooting them enough to get them Foamed Up, then sliding into them with L2. No points for foaming up the arena, but you slide faster on your color foam. Each character has a different kind of weapon and skills so there's some decent variety.

It also has all the usual live service mtx but they're easily ignored. There are xp boosters you can buy / earn in the season pass but they only give 300 XP, about the same as winning a match. The solo missions are also weirdly written and voiced. I'm sure compilations will pop up with people making the YouTube face in the thumbnail.

I don't see myself playing it after getting the trophies, but it should be fun enough for a week or two.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You jest but it had fantastic gameplay. It's just that literally everything else around the moment-to-moment gameplay was very poor. The dungeons, the characters, the writing, the loot & gearing, the voice acting, etc etc etc.
The first impression the game gave me back then was overwhelmingly positive, but it did not last.
To me it is the prime example of wasted potential. Bioware's ugly display of agonal breathing.

Yeah there was some cool stuff in there, and the suits were fun to jump and fly around in, but then every mission was basically playing hot/cold 3 times then shooting a wave or two of enemies. The Strongholds and boss fights showed some promise, but then the game got abandoned.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Hall Effect sticks for PS5 when.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Octopath Souls

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Hell yeah, old people rule. These kids don't know poo poo. "My first console was a 360 and I don't capitalize when I type wah wah wah."

Anyway, Ranked mode is in Foamstars and 3 of my matches have errored out when one team started losing. Not foamy and chill at all.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Asteroid Alert posted:

It's baffling that the game just kicks everyone out if someone disconnects.

Yeah, that's going to kill the game faster than any battle pass or mtx shenanigans.

There's a FriYay thing going now where you can play as the character they're adding next season, Coiff Guy. I think it only runs a few times today for 2 hours each time. You get some xp for doing it. Nice of them to assume the game will last long enough to get another season, I guess.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Medullah posted:

This really hurts me because I'm almost 50 and I thought a lot of us are.

I came back because message boards are for us olds.

gently caress off youths.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
From Sad Dads to Tragic Grampas

In this paper I will show...

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Keep thinking I might since they're only $30, but then I remember Balatro is out soon.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Butthole guy

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Escobarbarian posted:

Please DONT bring your posts to this thread

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I will never unplug that Triple.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

My PS5 has been one of the best console purchases I’ve ever made. PS4 But Better is exactly what I wanted because the 4 is probably my GOAT console.

Yeah, I mainly want a 5 because most games make my Pro sound like a jet engine these days. And I'm too chicken to redo the thermal paste.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

My 1 year + 45 days old PS5 controller already has some drift. Taking it apart looks annoying as hell. Is there anything I can do from the outside without disassembling it?

You can try spraying WD40 Contact Cleaner under the stick. It's a temporary solution but works for a little while.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
NCAA'14 taught me to recognize the RPO and what the defense is looking out for so I'll always remember it fondly for that.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Arist posted:

Are they still not paying the players

They are now, that's why it can come back.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Cloud shimmies through a crack in the wall. "Well, that happened!"

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Anyone play that Foamstars or whatever it’s called Splatoon clone on PSplus? The one that’s a free game for Feb

It was fun for 15 hours or so. The biggest negative is that one person quitting out of a match errors out the whole thing, and there's no penalty for doing it. Everyone gets a loss and no xp. Other than that glaring issue it's pretty good.

Edit - Also the hard co-op mission is actually hard, and you have to be pretty well upgraded and luck into a team of upgraded players who know what they're doing to stand a chance.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 20, 2024

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Suddenly want some Quiznos.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Minotaurus Rex posted:

It was this lmao. Thank you. That MF is loud as hell

If you have the tiny, specific screwdriver that is needed you can fix it yourself pretty quickly. They should be like $3 on Amazon.

https://youtu.be/Ij_peEXvpcU?si=Z8r7N5ZvVPh14ZRa

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

FireWorksWell posted:

I miss when dark souls 2 was active

Return to Drangleic on the 27th! Two weeks of slightly more activity.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I have a PS5 now.

What is all this Resume Activity bullshit and how do I turn it off?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ShoogaSlim posted:

:confused:

games run until they're closed or if you open other games and memory is allocated to other things. why would you want to turn it off?

When I'm done playing a game I close it. When I want to play it again, I'll click Play not some lame Activity Card. It's just visual clutter and I'd like to get rid of it.

Activity cards are just a system level bookmarking feature that get you into different parts of a game faster. What those parts are is pretty much up to the developer.

Good for them. Is there a way to turn them off system wide? PS5 UI kinda sucks compared to the 3 and 4.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

I was really feeling quite decent last week, like I'd come out of 6 months of protracted mental, physical, emotional, social, and environmental hell!

But folks, when the drama bomb strikes the dominoes of life go "Yah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E

Yeah it sucks when you feel like you've come up for air, only to realize you might be going back down underwater again soon. But the good thing is, the bad poo poo is just as temporary as the good stuff. It might suck for awhile, but it really will get better eventually. Just a few years ago I thought I was done-zo, but now I can waste money on an ugly console with no games. poo poo does get better!

Waltzing Along posted:

Activity cards?

Usually you have to scroll down to see most of them so they're ignorable. What I'm whining about is when they "take over" the game's main screen. Like with Snowrunner, when I'm on the icon there's a big "Continue where you left off" and an extra Resume Activity button before the Play Game one. It's just extra visual clutter that I'd like to get rid of, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it so I'm being a big whiny baby about my new $500 toy.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

haveblue posted:

protip: if you left/right scroll to a game's icon and then press X without doing anything else, it launches the game to the main menu same as the play game button

:tipshat:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Guillermus posted:

Dualsense Edge for 199.99€ (amazon flash deal), yay or nay? I really miss back buttons on PS5 games and I end using a DS4 with back buttons on PS4 games because of that. The only Hall Effect alternative for PS5 is the Nacon Revolution Pro 5 and even that it lacks some basic vibration and sound quality on the port is sub par for 229€.

So, pull the trigger or not?

I'm literally not buying another game until I can get an Edge. I miss back buttons too much. Clicking in sticks is for the birds.

I've seen those kits and it's a bit too much to try without a backup controller in case I screw it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Clicking in the sticks causes stick drift to occur faster. Back buttons for L3 and R3 are worth it just to avoid that.