Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Anyone planning on trying Dragon's Dogma 2 on PS5 even despite the apparently dogshit performance? I'm playing Rebirth right now (and am pretty burnt out because of all the mini games and Ubisoft bloat, tbh) and had planned to check out DD2 after I finish but it sounds like they blew off the PS5 version pretty hard and people say to just get it on PC (I don't own a gaming PC). Other game I was considering is Rise of the Ronin but it seems they've managed to lowkey gently caress that one up too from what I've seen/read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

SettingSun posted:

Which people are saying that DD2 runs bad on PS5? It's built on the RE engine which runs great everywhere. Unless they mean to jab at the fact that it targets 30 fps but is otherwise uncapped?

Yeah the fps issue. I don't mind a steady 30 (like it's a non-issue in Rebirth on Quality mode, for instance, straight up don't even notice it's not 60) but drops into the 20s is gonna be brutal. It's 2024 they gotta figure this out lol.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

FightingCowboy didnt have very nice things to say about Rise of Ronin. Paraphrasing but basically he said it's a poor mans Ghost of Tsushima and gameplay is a bit too simple. Taking parts of Sekiro, Ghost and the open world of ER but not doing anything interesting with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFYFfzW-yO4

E: Check the horse animation :lol:

Cowboy is the only streamer I follow and we tend to have pretty aligned game tastes so I was definitely let down when I found out his initial views on it

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

i really enjoyed both horizon games but horizon games are the avatar of video games. technically impressive, visually beautiful, huge sales, zero cultural impact

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

i am pretty torn about rise of the ronin. it's looking like a solidly 7/10 experience all around. i'm fine with a bit of checklist samurai action tbh, but $70 for a 7/10 that doesn't look like it should be a PS5 exclusive is an expensive pill to swallow. i might go DD2 after I finish Rebirth and wait for Rise to hit a sale later

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Chadley is great

Having Chadley FaceTime you after EVERY loving achievement to tell you what achievement you just did is insane and is for sure a large reason so many people have negative attitude toward him

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I had avoided using Cait Sith much since getting him (and haven't yet reached the Mandatory Cait Sith sequence) but after getting what seemed like a half dozen megaphones and no other weapons for the last few days of my gameplay I decided to at least master their abilities. After doing that I have warmed up to him because once you're on the moogle your ATB bar goes loving crazy and you're staggering the poo poo out of everything

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I was able to get A on Tifa's theme and thought I liked the piano minigame and then every single other piece has made me go "lmao absolutely not happening". I still think it's cool but I don't think I have it in me to do it and I'm gonna have to be ok with missing out on whatever the rewards are

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Ragnarok was a good time but I prefer 2018 mainly because of the Valkyries. They were loving awesome, rewarding to fight and figure out how to beat, and had cool personalities and lore. The Berserkers in Ragnarok just felt like a phoned in replacement that were worse in any and all ways you can think of. Super lame.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

I might have to buy Dragon's Dogma 2

i am still playing rebirth but only have 3 chapters to go. i'm buying one of rise of the ronin or dd2 next and have yet to figure out which. i am inclined to say ronin since i think it'll occupy me for far less time than dd2 will once i get started

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Barrett’s VA has blown me absolutely away the entire game. All the VA is dope but drat.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

man nurse posted:

My particular brand of brainworms has led me to feel like FF 7 Rebirth might be too much game lol. I’ve been meticulously doing everything in each area as I progress. Now I’m in chapter 12 and it’s like “congratulations, there’s new poo poo to do EVERYWHERE!” and I’m like gently caress

What am I gonna do, not immediately go do all of it? My hope that this game would end up being more open than Remake was granted tenfold, they put their whole rear end into this game.

Same, but my brain worms also require that I finish with a game before I play something else. I’ve been wanting to get into Rise for a month but every time I play Rebirth there’s just More Game

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Im bad at games bud whoever has said Rise is too easy is full of poo poo, lol

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rise isn't visually impressive but I'm enjoying the combat and gameplay loop a lot. Nailing Countersparks is satisfying, the back and forth of combat gives me some of what I enjoyed from my recent first Sekiro playthrough. Glad I picked this one up.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

A few more hours into Rise, I do see the criticism the open world got. It just sort of feels hollow. Like if you poke anything it’ll fall apart. No real narrative or characters with personality etc. Definitely enjoying finding new weapons constantly and the fashionsouls is pretty good so far too.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

figuring out deflect timings in rise of the ronin is not going well. so many attacks have huge delays on them lol. I’m getting my rear end beat pretty bad now that I’m out of the legit newbie missions. Also not finding any good weapons except odachi and katana, and one sweet set of paired swords. Everything else is just basic stuff so far so I feel kinda locked into using the good weapons. I have a near unlimited amount of fashion choices and transmog though which rules

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rise of the Ronin is really addictive. I don’t have to think hard or get sweaty and can just run around the map checking off achievements, finding cool loot, playing fashion souls, and murdering fools. It doesn’t look like GoT but it doesn’t need to, it looks nice enough for what I’m getting out of the game. I gravitate towards a stealth/assassination playstyle and that’s been a good time.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

definitely agree rebirth could use a loadouts option. i stubbornly banged my head against plenty of encounters because i considered having to change up the party's materia and then remember where everything was before and slot it back and was like "nah"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

few years ago i had my home wifi keep dropping out and the isp (surprise) was no help. i replaced the 3 foot ethernet from the modem to router and the problem never happened again. sometimes cables just die. but i get not wanting to re-run a long distance of it if you're not sure

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Getting kinda sick of Ronin and want to start stellar blade, not sure I’m gonna do much more optional poo poo here. This game is a good timesink but drat it feels really samey. I think part of it is 100% of enemies are A Guy. I miss fighting big fun insane bosses

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I played Sekiro this year and struggled a lot initially but did figure it out and enjoyed it tons, when people say you can’t play it like a Souls game they’re being for real

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Did anyone playing Rise of the Ronin have problems with Izo Okada in The Ties that Bind mission? I’m completely out of my depth and unable to win here and I think my game is soft-locked unless I can beat him. One combo almost kills me and I have the max health upgraded. Is there a way to bail on a mission via the menu?

E: oh thank god after you fail enough times it lets you quit the mission

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

anyone else absolutely WALLED by kaisu katsu toward the end of rise of the ronin? playing on default difficulty and am dying in 10-15 seconds a dozen tries in now. this poo poo is absurd