Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I love that under every page on your year end wrap up they say HEY WANNA KNOW HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE PLAYED GOW RAGNAROK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

acksplode posted:

Makes me wonder what unannounced projects they have cooking now.

Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village 2

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Death’s Door (free ps plus game of the month) is a lot of fun. Plays like Hyperlight Drifter, except cute and funny. The boss introductions are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjnEg3ucXpc

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
There was something in 3 where they’re leading to this idea that Nathan has been needlessly putting people he cares about in danger for his own thrills and that he should quit before he gets his friends killed but they got cold feet about it or something

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Thinking back to when I used to slice my IDE ribbon cables with an X-Acto knife and bundle the individual wires with zip ties Just because ribbon cables were annoying to push aside when I had to open up and dig through the computer. Also because it just made me feel like I was a better computer nerd

This was a 100 MHz Pentium

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Thundercracker posted:

When I was 16 I saved enough for a pc in 1994. My absolute trump lover dad screamed at the computer salesman for an hour until they said fine we'll take a hundred off but give a CITRIX processor instead of Intel. So I had to deal with that for the rest of high school.

I have no point here other than gently caress brain broke boomers and gently caress Citrix.

I used to be a computer salesman in the 90’s to have some spending cash in college, so I feel I have to correct you and mention that the company was Cyrix, not Citrix

I remember because one time some angry guy called demanding a computer for a ridiculous $100 discount (our margins were razor thin) so the only way I could make it work was sticking a Cyrix in there instead of an intel

Their pentium competitor was called 5X86, lol. Better than a 486! And it has an X in the name, that’s how you know they mean business!

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 17, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I enjoyed Hyperlight Drifter, I enjoyed Death’s Door, I’m waiting to get Tunic when it goes on sale again

Are there more overhead Zelda type games I should check out?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Apparently Sony got hacked

https://kotaku.com/sony-playstation-hack-breach-ransomware-ransomed-vc-1850870993

Time to change your passwords

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Escobarbarian posted:

Old news, they got like barely anything

Link?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

VR Aloy refuses to be my girlfriend. Which ceo will fix this ridiculous oversight?

Huh. It seems the DLC revealed that she’s gay, which is a surprise because I thought she came across as asexual in the first game. Everybody is hitting on her, men and women, and it seemed to be a running joke that it all hilariously flew over her head

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

The impression I got when I played through HZD was men hitting on her made her uncomfortable, women made her flustered, and being a severely undersocialized nerd she didn't know how to deal with either situation.

Maybe! I am a dumb cishet so maybe it flew over my head!

I did find it funny that all the men in HZD were portrayed as dumb, evil, weak or dorky (other than her dad) and somehow it flew under the radar of MRA guys

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 29, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Bugblatter posted:

Big fan of the Radiohead theme the studio passed on.

Was there any leak of what the Amy Winehouse Quantum of Solace song was supposed to sound like

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDe1xi4tGUA

A lot of people hated this when it came out but I liked it a lot. It has one foot in the 60’s orchestra and the other foot in the 90’s rock with some great forlorn vocals

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Final Fight in the Capcom arcade collection has a turbo punch button which is nice

Actually most arcade retro collections are nice on console because you have infinite coins, they are now rich kid simulators

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Finally being a PS+ subscriber has paid off

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Callisto Protocol off to a great start

In the opening scenes I traveled along the tutorial path. Opened a door and went into freefall into outer space. After a few minutes of falling animation I decided this was probably not intended.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Callisto Protocol must be ripping off Dead Space, I thought to myself. Then I looked it up and it’s directed by the Dead Space guy? But not as good as Dead Space?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Maybe the game awards should add a category for best comeback from a bad launch

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Plowing through Callisto Protocol cause it’s free

It’s getting better, despite the linearity and the primitive combat system it’s still a good spooky time

but the most succinct thing anyone said about it is that it’s a PS3 rear end game

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Final Callisto Protocol report

Beat it

Actually enjoyed the end. Laughed a lot

Extremely 2005 game

OMG now there’s a sad song at the end lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Plot in a nutshell:

Come meet me here
I’m coming
I’m almost there
Oh poo poo I fell 100 feet
That’s okay let’s meet here
Oh poo poo I fell a mile
Okay I’ll come meet you down there

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I have not experienced stick drift on any console so far, so I haven’t needed to try out solutions.

Supposedly Most analog sticks move a contact across a track. Because they are physically touching, the wear and tear creates or accumulates dirt and dust which causes the drift

The most compelling solution I’ve seen so far is that you have to take apart your joystick, spray some electronic contact cleaner onto a swab, and wipe down the contacts and tracks, and reassemble your joystick

There is a new joystick technology called Hall effect joysticks, which use a magnet, and because there’s no physical contact they don’t develop drift from dirt and dust. There are some aftermarket versions of these that people have been installing into their Nintendo switch, I looked just now and it looks like there are versions for PS5 now

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 8, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Hal Insandenza posted:

Having had the LaserDisc directors cut and only really ever watching that version in the old days I didnt fully realize that wasn’t in all editions.

I remember talking to a coworker about the scene where they set up the automated turrets to mow down the aliens in a hallway and he was like wtf are you talking about dude that must be some other movie. The conversation got kind of heated and it wasn’t until like a month later when he came over my house and watched it with me that we finally figured out the disconnect.

There was another version they aired on network tv where they had the sentry guns but no pre-infestation colony scenes. Can’t remember if the scene about her daughter was in there

Edit: other than removing some violence it was close to being an ideal edit, the before scenes really were better off being cut

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 9, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

Most people agree that the Final Cut is the definitive version of the movie now, a rare case where director meddling 25 years after the fact made everything a little better instead of worse. More obscure cuts like the International Version and the workprint exist as little more than curiosities although I've seen them all.

I actually prefer the “directors cut.” It feels like a lot of the changes in Final Cut were just changes for change’s sake

Also bitter that they didn’t put the remastered footage into the directors cut on the Blu-ray

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Bugblatter posted:

There is absolutely a Pro coming, as debatable as it’s value might be. It’s expected to be a bit pricier this time, aimed at a more niche audience. Hopefully that means we don’t have as many situations like Control where you need a Pro for a good experience but… given how much trouble studios are having hitting stable frame rates already… ehhh.

The PS5 Pro is going to be something you can add onto your PS5 slim like the optical drive

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Hal Insandenza posted:

What are all those drive slots? CD-ROM, 3.5” floppy, and…?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Never been a super huge fan of Nintendo, but there refusal to drop the price of their console at all and going back to trying to hold games like Hentai World hostage via their extremely one-sided relationship with Red Deer Games I don't understand why they even indulge has pretty much completely turned me off of getting a Switch and kind of cemented my decision to skip this generation and potentially all future console generations from the company. If the Switch can't even be any cheaper than that tells me everything I need to know about their business plans.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Make PS6 look like PS4 slim but if you wanna add a disc drive you add one more layer to make it look like PS4 pro

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I decided to go digital only with PS4. I jumped in late so most games were years old and on sale digitally for $20

Then I got cold feet and decided to get physical discs for essential games just in case in addition to the digital versions I had. Luckily most of them were $20 too. Currently a dozen physical games. Some of them were later physical releases and had the DLC included!

I think this works out

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

I remember the Terminator 2 commentary being a lot of fun

Every commentary with Arnold is a laugh riot

John Millius: we were shooting in Spain and we found this wonderful location where you could see all of the four seasons
Arnold: oh yeah, summer winter desert spring

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Fifteen of Many posted:

God, the style in Control is immaculate. I want to hoot and holler every time one of those new area title cards pops up.

Absolutely loved the aesthetic of the entire game

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 14, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Hal Insandenza posted:

Wizard with a gun certainly has an intriguing game. I may check that out

Bullet Witch had an amazing title but from what I’m told it was a middling game. Magic and guns is such a strong concept

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I think those pants will be enough for 3 generations

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Maybe in the third game they have a multiverse adventure where he meets two other Spider-Mans and they have the old faces

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Strand™ Type Game spotted

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

fridge corn posted:

You know how you know when a video game is a good video game? When you catch yourself thinking about it when you're sat there with nothing to think about. I'm thinking about Arc: TotS right now and what a lovely little gem of a game it is.

Thinking back to college when I got several hall mates addicted to playing Warcraft 1 on my computer (few people had computers at the time so they’d come hang out at my room) and one of them confessed that whenever they walked on campus they imagined chasing other students around and throwing spears

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Finished Weird West. Started dumb, grew on me, turned interesting, ending was a mixed bag with a lot of interesting potential that doesn’t get used well

The idea of recounting to you all your misdeeds was great! All the people you killed, crimes you committed, genius! Reminded me of The Sorrow in MGS3. But then instead of letting your honest gameplay be what you are judged by, they ask you a bunch of dumb questions and it’s easy to guess what answers they want to hear for the good ending

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 18, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Fix posted:

The photo lab. There was a whole thing.

I thought photo labs didn’t exist anymore

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Wolfsheim posted:

Which one of you is this

I USE LOGIC WHEN IT COMES TO POLITICS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Crows Turn Off posted:

Sony really wants you to play Genshin Impact. It's been on PS Stars like 3 or 4 times the past couple months.

Game made like 4 or 5 billion, and Sony gets a cut for every transaction on their platform. Mihoyo coulda bought Lucasfilm in 2012 for that kind of money