Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just getting it out there now: the kind of posting that has been getting me down from the previous thread is not going to fly.

Be kinder to each other.

This does not mean forced positivity, just rethink how you are posting against each others points. :hai:

How about those 2 (TWO!) exclusive games revealed last night! That is a 200% increase!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have not watched the new Yakuza trailers, but is that an older Kiryu in the picture for 8? and is that him again in the Gaiden one?

I really do need to finish 2,3,4,5,6 and 7....

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guillermus posted:

You and me Veeg, we got plenty of Yakuza ahead

Yes! I need to add both Judgements to the list. I actually own, and have installed on my PS5, Y2-7. For the eventual playthroughs. 0 and K1 were so much wonderful fun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

Btw is this new thread gonna have any games or is it business as usual around here???

I have been playing Final Fantasy X on my PS5. There are games to play! I promise!

Infinitum posted:

You will really like Judgement VG.

I look forward to it. It has been on my wishlist for ages :)

Vikar Jerome posted:

get them on the stream docket veeg!

and judgmet/ lost judgment (gently caress i havent even fished lost judgment yet)

Hmmmm, maybe I could add them to my ever expanding list...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have two (I think) bosses left in Blasphemous and one of them I keep getting down to around 30% before I expire. It is seriously tough. They are Isidora, Voice Of The Dead. I am nearly there though - then I can go to the last couple of screens and finish the game. I have not been playing non stop - off and on for months - but it is a seriously great 2D platformer.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

got through the witches of hemwick and the shadows of yharnam tonight. a big chunk of the ~2.5h i played were trying to remember where the hell to go to get to the forbidden woods. even after finally figuring it out and no longer going round and round in circles, im still not confident i could go back and do it again. yharnam has great atmosphere but it really is just too mazelike for its own good.

anyway im kinda tearing rear end through everything right now with the saw spear and it feels great. it only took me three tries for the shadows of yharnam. once bc it had been a while and i was a bit overly cocky. the second i just botched it right into the fog gate and got ganked. third time was a charm, and maybe i got lucky bc none of them spawned the big snake.

im about to fight rom but i wanna double check and make sure i did everything im "supposed" to do before the world state changes again. overall having a blast with this and it's such a different experience from my first time through.

I think you need to make sure you have spoken to Eileen in all her spots before Rom but other than that I cannot really recall all the little miniquests.

The other night I muddled through and remembered how to get to Ebrietas and do the Alfred quest, as well as getting the church pick. I thought getting the rakuyo would pop my Old Hunters Weapons trophy, but I think I have to do it in one save file, not across multiple. (My original save has everything except Rakuyo).

Something I really love about the Ebrietas area is realising that it is pretty much the Maria area from the Old Hunters. Looking up and spotting that clock again was a :aaa: moment for me.

I think I have done nearly everything in the game. Only three bosses to go and then I have recompleted Bloodborne. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JBP posted:

I thought remake was fantastic. I liked all the voice work and the writing was frequently funny on purpose.

100% Same. It is my second favourite game ever specifically because of the characters and their interactions and the story. Everything else about it is lovely dessert.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

DLC weapons don't count for the main game weapons trophy, I think they have their own trophy unless I'm mistaken, so make sure you have stuff like the Beast Claw, Reiterpalasch, etc all in the same file

Oh this is not for the plat (of which I will try to do the two endings I have not) this is for the very last trophy of the DLC. I have the reiterpalasch, fist of gratia, tons of other things. I am pretty sure the kos parasite and the beast claw are the two last things I need to get.

Alternatively, I could just load my OTHER save, the NG+ one from when I beat it in 2020, and go get Rakuyo now that I know what to do.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just beat the orphan of kos, solo, on my sixth try. It was frantic and fun and wow. I feel great. Recorded the video too :3 man. Steaming through this game. Also when the kos parasite popped in my inventory I got the old hunters weapons trophy!

Only two to go.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Volte posted:

Orphan of Kos is the only Soulsborne boss other than Darkeater Midir to take me more than one entire evening of attempts. Sixth try is super impressive.

I was using the viscerals runes, communion and the stamina quicker rune along with Rakuyo +10. I got a couple of lucky viscerals to start - which have become my new go to when going against bosses, and ended up down to 8 blood vials. Plus this is after doing all the other games and muscle memory and having no fear against the monsters anymore :) The last time I met Kos I had BP and Guillermus and Quantum all summoning at various points - so I am pretty much just proving to myself that I can do this stuff now.

Escobarbarian posted:

Fantastic work! And also you should have streamed it

It was a sudden minute 10:30 at night kind of thing, I just wanted a few goes and I did not expect to do it ten minutes later. (I had a couple of instant deaths where I would not stand up and just got gotted like a pancake.

Right now, I am wandering around Mergo's Middle loft with Milkweed and Kos Parasite combo just seeing what is going on :) It is much longer wind up on the attacks but feels a bit powerful!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fridge, instead of playing the PS3 versions I will wait for these and gloriously enjoy my time with them :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Okay y'all, listen to me. Dark Bramble is a bad place.

:shobon: These are the trip reports I am HERE for!

ShoogaSlim posted:

almost got ebrietas on my first try but got sloppy at the end. 4 other attempts not even past half health and it's late so ill try again tomorrow.

frig

e: the brainsuckers in upper cathedral ward continue to be bullshit. i quit out when i got stunlock combo'd twice in a row bc gently caress you game

I beat her on Tuesday right before my FFX stream and there is a weird bug on her hitbox to the right of her (I think, maybe the left, but definitely one of her sides) where after the arm sweep she will get another hit in due to it flipping around at the speed of light. Always stay on her back to definitely avoid it.

https://twitter.com/meowmaritus/status/1216246819593867264

There it is, found it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Excited for more classic jRPGs of the old school variety. 2D Platformers may be my favourite genre of all time, but I think jRPGs are now in the top five :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Xenogears, Suikoden 1 and 2, Dragon Quest XI, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy 1-VI pixel remasters.

Just rattling off jRPGs I am going to play and hopefully enjoy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Even I know you gotta put Chrono Trigger on this!

Oh man you are correct, I knew I was missing some! (I have been given a tremendously huge list. Seriously. 40 games I think)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Veeg narrating the second half of xenogears is gonna be his demo tape which will launch him to voice acting superstardom

I am going to properly prepare for this :twisted: Get my voices going! The whole rangeeee.

Nail Rat posted:

You're half right about "playing" xenogears anyway

Gimme good story over everything when it comes to games!

I can deal with long cutscenes if I am engrossed because stories are what fascinate me the most. Telling a good story through a medium this interactive is my most interested part of playing video games. Not just the basic plot, but all the extra stuff like character voices, design and architecture, music moments. Gameplay is great, but making the story bounce from the game into my brain is where I am the most switched on. And the more switched on I am, the more my brain works furiously to theorise and figure things out. :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I really really wanted to like it. in fact I have restarted it twice and put a decent amount of time into it, but there is just nothing I like about it. I'm tempted to give the PS5 version another go but I feel like it's futile at this point.

It might just not be a you game.
This is one of the only bad things about gaming; when there is something that does not match you like it does everyone else.

This was my original thoughts about FromSoft. I wanted so badly to get it and be there with all you because you all love them so much.

Maybe this next try will work, maybe it will not, but definitely do not push yourself through it. It is a definite game that benefits tremendously from just being in the flow of it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

univbee posted:

This reminds me of one of the more amusing boxsets Squaresoft put out, for FF's 25th anniversary they put out a boxset in Japan including physical copies with custom disc art of every mainline "numbered" FF that was available at the time, 1 through to 13 (not including X-2).

Note the odd one out, FF3, which only had a PSP version at the time, so couldn't be made on a normal disc. You could play every other game on a backwards compatible PS3 (or 1-12 on a PS2 with a hard drive unless you skipped 11), but not that one.

That is gorgeous though!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One of my favourite things about Hardspace is the sound design. Removing the engine and throwing it away into the incinerator makes such a pleasant low rumbling noise.

Been playing it in early access on my PC for years. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

Dark souls 2, what else

:dudsmile:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

What in the world is that av?

I installed Stable-Diffusion (image AI stuff) and wrote:

"Kirby the pink ball as a summon from Final Fantasy X"

And this was one of the creations :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Not sure I can watch the TV show. We do not get HBOmax in the UK.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I do not have SkyTV or Now TV. Not really wanting to help Rupert Murdoch out.
I hope the series is good for those who watch it :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

unsure why people who really love a given game are so determined to make sure everyone else loves it too i mean its a fuckin game

The vast majority of your posts in this thread are negative. It can be tiring for people especially if people are having a fun conversation.

When there are posters who do this I want them to post about things they like. You like Burnout (I checked) which one was your favourite between Takedown and Revenge? I loved Takedown because it introduced me to the game but Revenge was my most favourite due to the cars, the tracks and the crashbreakers.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

I forget if it was Revenge or Dominator but one of them the PAL release had the soundtrack half filled with different language versions of an Avril Lavigne song and that was extremely funny

The avril lavinge song in Paradise City was tailor made for driving to. I like Paradise City the most because of learning the whole map and some of the modes - plus I could use my own MP3s with it so I could make my own soundtrack. I know it is really divisive though and most people are not fans.

There was also that kind of top down Burnout that was only crash junctions and was almost a puzzle game. I cannot remember it right now, but it was great! Really good use of Deus Irae when the tornado would hit.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I vow I will play this game!

And it was Burnout Crash! A little arcade game released in 2011. Great time waster :)

kirbysuperstar posted:

Must have been Dominator now that I look at it. Pretty decent soundtrack in general - Alice in Chains, NERD, KSE and Trivium, not bad for something mostly destiny for the PSP

Sony should release this on PSPlumium.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JBP posted:

The PS4 version should have the cracks in the walls and every time you shuffle through it advertises PS5. If you click go to store it's out of stock and you have to reload your save.

On PS5 Kratos shuffles through the same way but says "ain't nobody got time for this!"

Is...is this...Sony CEO Jim Ryan posting?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Fallout 3 was my first bethesda game and my first real experience of a big open world game. I loved it all the way up to the end choice where it annoyed me so much that I have never completed another bethesda game all the way through. One of those decisions that I do not understand why they picked it.

Also when the DLC came out for it that changed the ending I still never got around to playing it.

I think Fallout3 is the leading reason why I wait to play games until they have all DLC together and why if I do play before this, I struggle to return to them to just do the DLC; like Frozen Wilds which I have owned since release and not played or the Spider-man DLC. (Echoes of the Eye did break this trend though :))

My favourite Fallout is Fallout 4 though. Cyberpunk 2077 is the neon fallout 4. ;)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I am not sure who their main writer is but I have played oblivion and fo3 to the end, and both have featured some of the worst endings I have seen in video games. Good at lore, environment story telling, side quests and little stories, but the overarching plot is more often than not the weakest.

In another game I would get what they were going for and had I not been palling around with Fawkes for 60 hours I could have understood, but man, Fawkes. Just such a strange decision. Everything else was so much fun though! I did not know games could be that way. I was so used to FPSes just being like Quake II and Doom. Fallout 3 was such a great first experience and having the old timey radio is just such a great idea. What a superb series :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

Dunkey will either pull off some french new wave for gaming poo poo or poo poo the bed completely. No middle ground.

I suspect its making GBS threads the bed

But what if it is New Wave Beds?

I really should play this. I have attempted the first little chunk in my own time. Spoke to a few people, including cuno, and liked it but alas, I just stopped playing.

My object permanence for game mechanics in games I am playing crosses over into video games I am playing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It has been recommended to me so many times. Just one of 100 games I have got on my list of things. I really do need a schedule to keep me playing things. It is so weird. I lose focus so easily, even when loving something to bits.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Would u stream disco elysium?

Would it be a dull streaming game? I genuinely do not know. I know part of the fun is my reactions to things but it feels like a lengthy dialogue game is not quite as funny as watching me try to jump between platforms in super mario 64 rainbow ride, or avoid birds in FFX.

Aipsh posted:

Then play it next u fucker

Sorry, Inscryption is next. I promised :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

Hi thread. If I buy the ps4 version of elden ring, is it free to upgrade to the ps5 version? Reddit says yes, but I always like to confirm with my goon friends.

It is free and the amount of patches they have had means the PS5 version runs pretty much flawlessly for me. I think the PS5 version is probably the version to play. :hai:

Also thank you Aipsh, BP, Quantum, Morpheus, Esco and Cas. I will mull it all over. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Returnal felt exactly like a game made for the PS5 with all its speed and haptics and so forth, and I hope that the PC port is comparable for those getting it there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Outer Wilds can be really inscrutable at times, I am way too dumb for this game :negative:

You can do it Skeleton.

bop bop perano posted:

look at veeg, admittedly I bugged them for months about playing both outer wilds, but even moreso with echoes of the eye, because I knew that he would have the reaction that he did and it was amazing.

Every game you have bugged me about I have fallen head over heels for.

In fact the track record for games recommended by PlayStation goons is 100%, which is a serious achievement!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

haveblue posted:

People in the Outer Wilds thread are usually good at giving the absolute minimum hint needed to unblock you if you're really at your wits' end

And so can we! I loved my time with that game and if I can help anyone else feel a fraction of what I felt then I am here :hai:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bop bop perano posted:

BP and I were messaging each other on PSN while he was playing and I took a look at his rumor map, and while he’s explored pretty thoroughly, he’s still missed a few of the more important locations which I’m sure is the only reason why he thinks it’s more obtuse than it is. He’s still yet to go to the vessel, the third escape pod, the quantum moon, the core of giants deep/the probe tracking module, the black hole forge, the tower of quantum knowledge, the sun station and obviously the ash twin project.. Or those were the locations with just question marks on them on the rumor map and I also asked if he’d been to any of them and he said no. Oh and he hasn’t been to the lakebed cave but that’s probably the only place he hasn’t been that’s not entirely essential, and hasn’t been to anywhere relating to the dlc besides the shack on timber hearth that tells you about it, but yeah there could be more places I’m not thinking of that are also important, but I also just didn’t remember exactly how the rumor map worked and what exactly a question mark indicated.

Rumour stuff with a question mark means: More to explore here.

It will pop up in orange for explore and investigate stuff.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bop bop perano posted:

Oh ok, for those it also must mean you’ve heard of it but haven’t been there yet, I guess. I think an asterisk also means there’s more to explore there, but you’ve also been there and discovered other stuff.

Yes! You have heard of it, but have not seen it. Once you actually see it and go there the question mark becomes the picture.

Plus the asterisk is go and see more please :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don’t recommend the older ones any more because they are so archaic in terms of gameplay that you run the risk of putting people off Mgsv, which is a really fun game even if you don’t know the story.

:prepop:

I just cannot agree here. I just played all three of these for the very first time a few months ago, with Elden Ring sandwiched in between, and it was a godlike stretch of gaming.

They are old, but it does not make them any less fun. MGS3 in particular being a real standout in every way.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like hearing people's experiences with Outer Wilds and am very glad BP is playing through it.

I do not recall any moments where I just ran up against a wall, but then again I also had some stupidly ridiculous luck with certain events and my brain jumped over to make some weird links that turned out to be correct so obviously not a regular gamer experience.

Also Ineffiable shared this with me yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZZ-PRuQcQM

If that does not look like the kind of puzzle game to drive me wild, then I do not know what is :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My 10 most favourite video game soundtracks are (not in top ten order):

Nier:Automata
VVVVVV
Sonic Mania
Shatter
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Mass Effect