Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Clap Hanz just released a new golf game, for Switch & mobile

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Electromax posted:

RIP to anyone who didn't get a PS5 in time to try the weird and rarely used cards that let you jump to specific levels sometimes. I never trusted them.

I tried the new resume session thing on Steel Rising and it popped up a warning that if I used it I'd lose all my soulsanima lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SilkyP posted:

Finally getting around to ff7 remake
Anyone here see an issue if I just set the combat to easy?

Other than being too easy I guess not

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SilkyP posted:

Maybe I’m just an idiot but I can’t seem to figure out how combat is supposed to work.
Granted I’m not far along in the game but does anyone have some general rules for combat in this game?

Always switch character, enemies automatically aggro the character you're controlling also your other characters won't do anything other than auto attack and build up ATB much slower.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowman posted:

Really? I always found 2 to be much easier than the first one in general but I can totally see why you had trouble with it.

I always found 2 harder since it doesn't really have anything as game breaking as mini chainsaws + extension books. Iirc the wolverine claws plus one of the smoothies was close though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All Dead Souls needs to be decent is a control revamp and even without it was worth it for Majima with a shotgun

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/denfaminicogame/status/1570661973326712834?s=46&t=o9wCrpXx1EoVfyO8bECMRg

Suikoden 1&2 HD announced

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Noob Saibot posted:

This is how Konami makes their big comeback into gaming? With….Suikoden?

They never left it just wasn't games anyone here cared about

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BisterdDave posted:

Honestly surprised at how Konami is showing up Square on remasters of their older titles.

Mismatched HD backgrounds with SD sprites, awful mobile text boxes, looks about the same to me :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4eGQ9MIWM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

thiccabod posted:

Wo Long is gonna be real good but man was it a weird immediate first impression where you enter the tutorial and get a prompt to pick up loot with R2 :stare:

I'd just played the Valkyrie Elesium demo which had L2 as pick up lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Noob Saibot posted:

So something I’ve always wondered about suikoden since reading about it back in the day in PSM. If you have over 100 party members how the hell do you even manage that? Do you maintain their state, equipment and level ups? How do you even keep track of their abilities?

Most of the 108 stars are people that hang out at your castle doing stuff, there are probably 30-40 actual party characters and equipment is pretty basic, characters don't have different weapons you just use a blacksmith to make them more powerful, catch up exp is huge so it only takes a couple of fights to get them around the same level, abilities are dependent on what rune they have equipped and you can just swap them around etc. Basically everything is as simple as possible lol
Party size is relatively large too, six people instead of the usual four.

You usually just end up with a few favourites you use all the time for their team up skills or whatever + what the game forces you to use.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I continue to not be interested in VR until I don't have to spend another £300 to use it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JBP posted:

Wo Long seems really cool from the demo despite potentially being a little bit too familiar. Seems like they've toned down loot which will probably satisfy a lot of people after Nioh's dumptrucks full of swords.

Seemed about the same as Nioh to me but less than SoP vomiting loot at you constantly lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tirade posted:

Oh I misread the instructions on the Dragon blood tear and used it straight from my inventory instead of at the rest site. It restored a single resurrect symbol and so everyone is still all sick and wheezy. Kinda hoping there's more soon.

You get tons I wouldn't worry

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Handsome Wife posted:

Beat the Wo Long demo and then got a “failed to send clear data” error. Guess I’m not getting the hat.

Could be worse the Xbox version was unplayable til this morning and still have error messages that wouldn't crash the game but were extremely likely to get you killed after that lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gott pay £70 for the deluxe version of Elysium, sorry

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Theres like 4 of em in gta1

What are you talking about GTA3 was the first one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

haveblue posted:

Tried the Wo Long demo and it's OK I guess. Is there really nothing you can do about red dot attacks other than parry with correct timing? I keep getting my rear end kicked by a tiger

You can vainly attempt to mash the dodge button then go 'oh yeah this doesn't work very well' for the 50th time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hector Delgado posted:

There's alot of collectibles in Ghostwire :sweatdrop: I will get them all!

Make sure when the ghost festival appears you get caught by it, there's a certain amount of souls you can only get from there and its appearance is random.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Megasabin posted:

Also I don't know if this is a balance issue or just the demo, but I chose the "debuff" element to start with. 3/4 spells completely sucked and none of them were debuffs. The two offensive spells were poison damage spells that did little to no damage. None of them were worth casing except the one that applied poison to my weapon, which was amazing, but still not a drat debuff. Not sure if the other tracks you could choose where much better where offensive magic was worth using?

You don't have to stick with the spells you start with, there were about 20 unlocked for the demo and you could change them to anything at the rest place. I found the fire DoT spells extremely useful and carried me through the boss.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wolfsheim posted:

I grabbed one of the older Metro games in a sale back when I first got a PS4, Redux I think? And it just never grabbed me

I only saw like a minute of footage but I thought it was more of a 1st person magic sword guy style game than an FPS

Ghostwire is an FPS your just shooting magic bullets

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Absolutely, more people should play the original Witcher.

Why would you want to hurt them like that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

housemate playing Ace Combat 7 here, skipping all the cutscenes and then asking me “what’s going on?!”
hate to see it

:thermidor:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012946&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

the Paper posted:

I miss Bust (not a Bust alt account btw).

You can just check out the Lepers Colony every so often

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope Capcom ports Onimusha 2&3 since they did the first one like four years ago and never bothered with any more. I'd like to try 4 without the poo poo they did to the western version too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neil Fuckmann

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Morpheus posted:

I've been playing Scarlet Nexus lately and been finding it surprisingly enjoyable. I thought it'd be a fairly simple action RPG with an anime plot with psychic powers all over the place, but the combat gives you a ton of options to play with and the story gets bonkers in interesting ways. My only complaint is that there are two storylines to play through, but while they each experience their own stuff, they (the characters, that is) share information with each other so I don't think playing through the other one will give any interesting revelations.

It's not too bad until they meet up at the halfway point, then it's basically just the same unfortunately.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should have been Toukiden 3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I better get their top loving tier

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I won enough games for the trophy (two) and decided that was more than enough

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bloodychill posted:

You almost have to admire SE’s commitment to mediocrity for the next generation of console and PC gaming. It’s a good thing FF14 is beloved because otherwise I do know what they have going for them. A couple more remakes of the last decent DQ title maybe?

I'll take SE's throwing poo poo at walls to see what sticks approach rather than AAA western gaming releasing two games a year which are all the same any day.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Best videogame soundtracks:

1. Silent Hill 1
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Silent Hill 3
4. Silent Hill 4
5. We ❤️ Katamari

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I did it but it took me a while and I can't say I enjoyed it much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Evergrace OST is genius

Anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGwKvLN3uiY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

FF12 is the best of the "modern era" final fantasies (excluding ff14) ;)

It's the worst

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I resubbed to gamepass for Prodeus, Hellsinger and a couple of other games later this month and ended up playing my physical copy of SH Downpour instead while I had my Xbox on lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are any modern boomer shooters based around key card hunts in huge mazes. That's the poo poo I want.