Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shiny new thread!

I think I forgot to mention this but I got the Inzone H7 and it's a quality headset. I think in terms of comfort and sound quality it's 9.5/10, just a hair below the Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (10/10), while having the added benefit of doing the smooth transition that the Pulse 3D does, so if you turn it on and off it will automatically shift where audio is coming from on your PS5, whereas with the Steelseries the sound will always default to sending to the headphone receiver (it can't tell if the headset is on or not) and you have to manually shift to TV output in software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Goddamn, and I thought the grey Joon-gi Han hair looked good on Kiryu. Can't wait to see what other hair they have in store for him.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

Hell square won't even put the 8/16 bit FF games on consoles!

This reminds me of one of the more amusing boxsets Squaresoft put out, for FF's 25th anniversary they put out a boxset in Japan including physical copies with custom disc art of every mainline "numbered" FF that was available at the time, 1 through to 13 (not including X-2).

Note the odd one out, FF3, which only had a PSP version at the time, so couldn't be made on a normal disc. You could play every other game on a backwards compatible PS3 (or 1-12 on a PS2 with a hard drive unless you skipped 11), but not that one.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

VideoGames posted:

That is gorgeous though!

No doubt about it, their custom disc art era made for some pretty nice-looking collections.

Living in Japan when it released, I happened to secure a very rare limited edition of Advent Children, which included custom PS1 FF7 discs. These are fully playable with custom art, but they actually specifically also include a sort of wall-mounting thing because you're not REALLY meant to play these, you're meant to mount them on your wall like it's a Platinum album.

It also includes the fourth "bonus" disc of the Japanese FFVII International Edition (which discs 1-3 also are), but separately in a standard jewel case.

I remember thinking this was surreal, including what was once a full-priced game as a borderline throwaway bonus for something that wasn't at its core a video game product (it was a movie). Gave me vibes of that old forums post someone made about the insanity of Fallout weapons, culminating in a gun that was so ridiculous it had a plane on it. The poster clarified this wasn't a plane with a gun on it, this was a gun with a plane on it; the gun was so badass the plane was the accessory.

univbee fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 16, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's an AU copy on an AU account, yea

One thing I'll note is that it's possible if you have PS+ Extra or Deluxe it'll be screwy because the GoT DC should be included with this plan on both PS4 and PS5 (and this might be a more cost-effective option for you).

I THINK you have to do a two-step purchase, at least I did in Canada.

Step 1: Buy the "Director's Cut Upgrade" (I preordered this).
Step 2: From here I believe you'll have access to the cheaper upgrade option. Given that it sounds like you're upgrading from a disc copy, it's possible you'll need to do this from the game's main menu with the DLC downloaded and installed, I know from specifically playing the PS4 version on my PS5 that the main menu yells at you with a link to upgrade to the PS5 version. Venturing a guess, I suspect this link is hidden and only shows on the main menu if you own the Director's Cut Upgrade.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Christ what a mess.

Yeah it's really screwy, it's one of the only games that has the combination of being disc-upgradeable but also needing a paid DLC, so it's a whole to-do. Actually surprised they didn't make an all-in-one DLC+upgrade pack to streamline things.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Word of warning: Do not play Syndicate on PS5. As far as I’m aware the enormous problems with the dynamic time of day lighting were never patched. Almost every shadow in the game flickers in and out of existence multiple times a second and it really sucks.

Apparently Ubisoft is looking into trying to fix this now, I think because they want all the AC games available on PS+ Extra / their Ubisoft+ platform whenever it launches. Assuming they don't give up on fixing it, my guess is for either October or November they'll announce it as a PS+ Extra game for that month along with "oh yeah and we fixed it on PS5 now", and also probably Odyssey one of those months as well.

I just completed a fresh playthrough of AC Origins without DLC on PS5, game looks drat good at 60fps but there's a bit of physics fuckery that crops up on rare occasions since it's both a Ubisoft game and also an unlocked game whose PS4 version was built for 30fps. I think having the game on an SSD helps a little for this, but not completely.

Note that with both Origins and Odyssey, if you have a save game that has DLC installed you can't then use it for PS+ Game Streaming (or in any situation where you lose access to the DLC).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

How far are u

Playing the game authentically, haven't even left the room I started in.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Can’t believe FromSoftware would make another game, hosed up

Shoulda learned from Rockstar and just remade Bloodborne for eternity.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Factions died so a TV show adaption could be made

Now I'm imagining one episode in the middle of the series just randomly having the characters do a paintball match.

Anyway show looks really promising and that is a phenomenal trailer regardless.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1574493335497998336?t=7oZrwN_TGG-Q2MjEcF2mMA&s=19

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hot Wheels Unleashed is a great offering especially since it's one of those games where normally if you want the PS4 and PS5 versions you had to buy both at full price, but they'll be offering both versions in PS+. So make sure you actually grab both versions if you care about this, and also note that I think the DLC is also PS4 and PS5 specific so be sure to buy the right ones if you get any.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

legit thought I broke my console. ps5 would boot fine for like 30 seconds and then would freeze at the Home Screen, controller unresponsive apart from the ps button, and trying to turn it off would make it freeze on the ‘turning the console off screen’ and would need a hard reset. Turns out it was the router being plugged in but not having an internet connection lol.

xbox and switch worked normally :magemage:

One thing I've found with modern internet-focused devices is they behave like they're straight-up broken if they think you have working internet but don't. It can force them into waiting for a response from a server that's ordinarily very fast but never comes. If it properly detects your internet is down then it will just give up and not go into these stuck situations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Mark_Medina/status/1576715561970462720

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I replaced HZD recently and it definitely has a little bit of a "jank" feeling compared to more recent games, although definitely not on the same level as The Last of Us PS3. At the same time, it definitely doesn't need a "burn it all down and start over" remake on the same level as TLOU1 did, so hopefully this isn't a $70 ask and/or is available day one via PS+ Premium.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sony listened to the guy wondering why Aloy in Forbidden West had a beard. They are rectifying this continuity error by bumping the detail of the first game so Aloy will have vellus hair throughout.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

i can't think of a single game xbox exclusive (PC doesn't count) that would make me want that console instead of or in addition to a playstation. if you don't care about halo or gears then literally what is there? MAYBE if you want to play as many games as possible you would be enticed by gamepass as the better deal. but for me that's not important.

genuinely curious why some people consider xbox the "better" console

A lot of it is really effective marketing more than anything else. Like Game Pass has half the number of titles that PS+ Extra does (or PS Now in the before times), although by leveraging the "day one on Game Pass" on Microsoft titles plus some other titles of interest that's helped; PS+ Extra getting day one games is still quite rare.

In terms of actual "exclusive" games Halo used to be a draw but everyone's pretty much given up on it now, so the only thing of significance left is the Forza series, which has sort of reinvented itself with the Horizon games into its own thing in an interesting and appealing way, and depending on what you want out of a car game it can have more appeal than the much more "serious" Gran Turismo.

There are people who have thoughts about potential future exclusives (in a not-on-PlayStation sense) like Starlight, Elder Scrolls 6 and eventual Call of Duty titles along with other offerings from iD, Bethesda etc.

Still others are aware of some of the weird discrepancies, for example how cross-gen games are handled, as Xbox marketed "Smart Delivery" pretty hard and by and large this is far more straightforward than the equivalent processes with PS4-PS5 cross-gen games, and also things like backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games (which is one of those things where very few people actually play these games but the fact that Xbox is supporting these titles while Sony isn't really, does slide an abacus bead in Xbox's direction in people's mental score tally of both systems). And, finally, the Series X is at least on-paper more powerful than the PS5, although does have a slower SSD and this difference usually hasn't shown itself much in games if at all (e.g. it's usually slightly smoother or higher resolution when playing a 120fps mode but no difference otherwise), with many titles being better on PS5 anyway just because that's where the devs focused their efforts.

I guess the Series S has been a bit of a boon as well, given that it's a very cheap way to get into next gen despite having internal storage too small to be terribly usable and its weaker power might be holding back games that could otherwise really tear rear end on Series X if they could build a game exclusively for that. If nothing else, the Series S is FAR more transportable than the PS5, which can matter in weird situations (e.g. I could see fighting game tournaments eventually leaning on Series S-based setups for something like Tekken 8 simply due to being easier to transport and setup a lot of them than a bunch of PS5s that don't stack, are very expensive, and very hard to find especially if you want to avoid bundles).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cyberpunk got caught up in a bad set of circumstances:

- The critical development time was right when the pandemic was in full swing.
- The game's scope was too ambitious for something that had to work on base PS4 and XB1

I suspect they'll be able to avoid some of the worst issues with early Cyberpunk; they're probably better equipped to address another pandemic, and they don't have to keep making versions for PS4/XB1 which I imagine will be a huge help.

Obviously some aspects are due to bad management, and I think some problems were worsened as a result, but even the pandemic/crossgen issues aren't correct I think CDPR could easily sell that story to gamers to blindly go into the next game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Well drat. Death Stranding is in the higher PS+ Tier. Only one I don’t have.

You need at least PS+ Extra for Death Stranding subscription-wise, the middle tier subscription.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Casnorf posted:

Forgive me, I will be honest I haven't paid much attention to the steam deck. Let me try again: a base steam deck is four hundo plus microsd at the very cheapest you can possibly obtain one and a base switch (which we will assume is a lite) is a buck fifty all day long. You can often obtain them cheaper, if all that matters is that you get to play the games. An OLED switch is, what, three-fifty new and you can just go buy one right now. The microSD cancels out, really, so you don't have to worry hard there. I can't imagine getting a switch and living with the 32GB on-board.

This isn't exactly a "A 944 will cost you seven grand" kind of situation. Calling the two a similar price point is a lazy and unfair comparison and I have to admit I really would like to think better of mono. I mean, maybe ya'll in a way different tax bracket than me where dropping a six hundo is an appropriate apology and not the kind of expense you have to plan months in advance for. If that's the case, great! But that line of thinking doesn't really apply to a ton of people, haha, so I wonder what the value of sharing it is.

It's worth pointing out that you don't even need a microSD card for a Switch usually, if you're buying carts and avoiding NBA 2K and some Bethesda games you probably won't need one ever, and you won't need a large one unless you go deep into purchasing larger digital games digitally. Especially Nintendo-made games, they are often on the much smaller side (IIRC Super Mario Odyssey is like 6.5 gigs or some such, and if you get the cart and patch it I think it's under 400 megs) and tend to be feature-complete on cart, so all you miss out on is post-launch updates like the balloon search mode in Odyssey. The Steam Deck not only doesn't give you a choice (you MUST get your games digitally and MUST fully install them), there's no space-efficient version of games so a good chunk of AAA-tier PC games from the last 3-4 years are well over the 64 gigs of slow eMMC storage you get with an entry-level Steam Deck. Even if you need to go the microSD card route on Switch, unless you're a turbo-gamer like us even a 64 gig microSD card will probably be amply sufficient whereas with Steam Deck that doesn't even solve the install problem for single games, you pretty much need to go 256 gigs minimum with a Steam Deck's microSD card and should really get at least a 512gb.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh that's weird, the customs fee must be new, I don't think I had to pay it (and am also in Atlantic Canada), but I got mine relatively early and they may have changed things since then.

But yeah that's $930 CAD not including the SD card and you can get a Switch Lite right now for $225 CAD so that's a hell of a price jump, especially when you consider the screens on both devices are 720p.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The phone thing was extra-dumb because a lot of prepaid plans didn't qualify for their SMS protect which cut off a lot of especially younger players for no reason.

This looks like a gamers.txt moment but I think the complaint here is actually valid, it's really easy to fall through the cracks.

And this does matter in the context of things like people who paid real money for Overwatch 1 and were randomly cut off from playing it because gently caress you that's why.

Their reversal should cover most but not all cases, they're taking away the SMS protect for accounts that had some sort of fleshed out Battle.net account which includes anyone who played Overwatch 1 at all in the last like 16 months or so. Almost certainly some edge cases out there that can't play and could result in some repercussions from places like the EU and Australia.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The value of players to companies is a weird statistic, games like Call of Duty need an insanely large playerbase (so basically at any time of day you can immediately get into a game). This does require a large base of players who are playing for free or in a way where you could argue they're losing Activision money, but at the same time their presence is required to make the actual whale players happy and not gently caress off to a different game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Requiring cell phone numbers is pretty extreme given that they're a very high monthly cost especially in places with poo poo mobile plans like Canada, where the cheapest non-prepaid plans are like $40 a month which is an awful lot to pay for something that a person hasn't required until now. Even if you lucked out with a non-prepaid, the cheapest phone lines in Canada are still like $15 a month which is, again, a tremendous amount to pay for something that you might not actually need. Canadian cell plans are in fact so notoriously expensive that there are people who just get a US plan with Canada roaming because that's cheaper.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

What’s the overlap in the Venn diagram of people who have a modern gaming console with broadband internet but no cell plan

Like, I do not want to white knight this phone number plan because I don’t think it’s particularly good, but I’m having trouble dismissing it out of hand solely because it’s gatekeeping considering what all else is required to Call My Duties.

This was more of an issue for Overwatch because you legit had younger players who frequently would not have the set of circumstances to justify getting an actual cell plan for. (You do for CoD as well but at least that's M-rated and theoretically shouldn't have people that young playing). And having a cell phone plan at least in Canada is going in directions not dissimilar from the way cable cutting and land lines were going several years ago, it's just waaay too expensive and trivially easy to work around.

You only need a cell phone plan to be reachable with a normal phone number (which is becoming less and less necessary with things like email, Teams/Zoom, iMessage etc.), and to have internet connectivity when you're in locations where you don't have Wi-Fi connectivity, which is also becoming less of an issue because Wi-Fi is available at most people's work places and there are a lot of ways it can be bypassed, or even not actually useable anyway, when commuting.

If you're in a civilized country where you can get a great cell phone plan for $15ish a month that's one thing, but Canadian cell plan rates are insane especially if you want something actually usable (it's like $80+ a month to get a plan that has a monthly data allowance that doesn't immediately result in a $50 charge the second your wi-fi hiccups), so it'd be in the neighborhood of $200 a month for a family of three to have cell phone plans when you can very easily just have one plan where the other family members just use Wi-Fi and save like $120+ a month.

It is easy to justify spending $650cad on a PS5 that will last a few years at least but a lot harder to justify spending that much on like 8 months of cell service when no one other than scammers are actually calling your phone number anyway. If it was a one-and-done purchase that's one thing, but this is a subscription and an exorbitantly expensive one for Canadians. Cancelling a cell phone plan would be easier in terms of working around it and save more money than cancelling all my streaming accounts.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 11, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

jesus! I pay £20 a month for 160GB data and unlimited everything else

The cheaper plans typically have extremely low data allowances (like 500 megs or a gig) and if you go over you start getting charged fifteen cents per megabytes so you have to make drat sure data-hungry apps like video streaming have strict settings to prevent them from grabbing data except over Wi-Fi. We once got a $50 overage charge because my wife had turned off Wi-Fi (I forget why) and our son watched YouTube for a few hours. There were also stories of people who live close enough to the US border that their phone can accidentally connect to a US cell tower and they wind up with roaming charges of like 6 figures, but I think the CRTC actually does mandate that they have to cut you off and require you to explicitly re-enable your connection once you hit like $50 in overages to prevent your bill from going up like a pinball score.

Canada has by far the most expensive cell phone plans in the developed world and I think there are very very few countries which charge more for what you get, it's like North Korea and maybe a single-digit number of particularly isolated countries.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Amazon at least in Canada is having a big sale currently, including some severely discounted headphones. While it has no microphone and is wired, the normally cad$260-320 Sennheiser HD 599 are currently cad$120ish.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Instead of requiring a phone in of itself, which causes issues with the prepaid poo poo, they could require users authenticate with the Battle.net authenticator. Your phone has a unique ID so if someone cheats, they can ban the account and blacklist that phone's ID. A cheater would have to buy a new phone or find a hacky solution that. It would not deter the number as cheaters as the current method, but it wouldn't exclude nearly as many people.

I don't know if authenticators work in a way where they can ban specific devices like that, I think all the important variables are resettable. And many people have a shitload of old phones kicking around, plus you can emulate phones (specifically for development purposes).

This approach of requiring an actual phone number is the "best" way for Activision because there isn't a cost on their end for supporting it really, they don't need like a staff of people vetting requests manually.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The thing is authenticator design is basically "these codes can only be generated from the random key on this device" and aren't really designed in a context of "you can only use one and we can ban it", I think the expectation was a ban is a separate thing that's more on the account side and not the authenticator side. You can also set up multiple devices to have the same authenticator profiles, at least with some authenticator apps, and almost all authenticator apps (including for Battle.net) are restorable to different hardware so they're not really using anything particularly hardware-specific. And it also means bans are guaranteed to be temporary because people will eventually replace their phones and get a new hardware profile to authenticate with as a result.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I don't know if this would address the issue, and it's a pain in the rear end, but less of one than a full factory reset might be. It requires some level of external storage formatted for PlayStation games and apps (and I'm including an M.2 drive as an external here), but it helped me fix a borked game install that refused to be fixed any other way. I was getting ready to do a factory reset but my issue (being unable to install DLC for a specific game) was fixed just short of me doing a full factory reset, I accidentally stumbled into the below fix before pushing the big "nuke everything" button.

- Move everything off your internal storage to either your M.2 drive if you have one, or external USB storage. Obviously, you can delete certain things if that's easier. Basically you want your internal storage to be devoid of apps, but can still have your account/saves/etc., just no apps actually on the internal including benign stuff like Netflix etc.

- Fully power off the console, and remove your external storage, including your M.2 drive (you can put it back in later and it'll still have your stuff on it).

- Turn the console back on. Check and see if you're still having the issue you're having. If yes, try doing the full "database rebuild" and other options other than factory reset in safe mode.

This should erase any errant data on the console that you might not be able to manage, things like corrupted installs and DLC for games which aren't actually installed. If your console is gitching out because of something like a corrupted installation that you can't actually see or manage, these steps will likely purge it outright. Once that's done you can reconnect your USB storage and/or power off and reinstall your M.2 storage. If the problem returns when you do one of these things it's possible there's something corrupted in a random game's installation and you might have to start deleting stuff until you get lucky and find it (you might be able to find it by moving things from external or M.2 to internal; odds are good a corrupt install would either error out or also trigger the freeze).

EDIT given that they completely factory reset it maybe that will fix the problem. It's possible they worded it poorly and meant "everything was fine after a factory reset and since that isn't a hardware repair you're not being charged for it". If it's still borked then yeah, either make a stink on social media about it or offload it somehow.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Casnorf posted:

christ letting gamers see behind the curtain is the worst loving thing

I can't believe Jesus Christ would violate his NDA like that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Fuckin burst out laughing on the bus at “poor people deserve a quality experience”

"Poor people deserve Overwatch 2" would be an impressive statement that could mean basically anything depending on the level of disdain the person saying it has for the disadvantaged.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is a Call of Duty game where I will never hear a bratty six-year-old loudly demand chocolate milk from his mum even a real Call of Duty game?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1580219859538804737

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Full list of upcoming changes

Red Dead Redemption 1 (PS3 version, streaming only) is apparently being removed on October 17th

A special note: they're adding what appears to be the entire back catalog of Assassin's Creed games. This includes the games which are buggy on PS5 (AC Syndicate and two of the AC Chronicles titles). These titles are listed as "Available on PS4 only" which is a bit cryptically worded. My hunch is that these games will be streamable online from a PS5 with the PS+ Premium plan, but not downloadable locally (they still will be available for download on PS4 and PS4 Pro).

New games on Tuesday October 18th

PS+ Extra, Deluxe and Premium

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - The Definitive Edition (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey | PS4 (runs at 30fps on PS4 but 60fps on PS5)
Dragon Quest Builders | PS4
Dragon Quest Builders 2 | PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below | PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Explorer’s Edition | PS4
Inside | PS4
The Medium | PS5
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India | Only downloadable and locally playable on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles, might be streamable from PS5 consoles with a PS+ Premium Plan
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia | Only downloadable and locally playable on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles, might be streamable from PS5 consoles with a PS+ Premium Plan
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate | Only downloadable and locally playable on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles, might be streamable from PS5 consoles with a PS+ Premium Plan
Hohokum | PS4

PS+ Deluxe and Premium

Yakuza 3 Remastered | PS4
Yakuza 4 Remastered | PS4
Yakuza 5 Remastered | PS4

PS+ Premium titles, streaming only

Limbo | PS3
Ultra Street Fighter IV | PS3 (PS4 port which has post-launch fixes and is "tournament standard" also exists digitally, but isn't available via PS+ currently)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow | PS3
Everyday Shooter | PS3

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Want you to buy a remastered version for $70 in a couple of months

That was their plan, but they've apparently shelved it to go all hands on deck for GTA6.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Casnorf posted:

all hands on dorks

No that's Pornhub's business plan.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Ultra Street Fighter 4 better be downloadable like it was on PS Now. :argh:

PS Now had an insane lineup of downloadable fighting games that all got taken away when the switch to the new Plus happened.

At least as announced currently it won't be, it's just the PS3 version as streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is it? Cos psnow had the ps4 version, ultra seems to imply is that version too.

Nope, Ultra existed on PS3, and in fact it was unique in that they figured out a way to make the PS3 able to pre-load DLC if you were upgrading from Super or Arcade (basically they released the larger DLC payload early, and then on release day they released a small patch which just told the client to look for the DLC).

I actually kind of wonder if the big fighting game makers are antsy about people having subscription access to a "good enough" fighting game because they're paranoid about losing sales of whatever their latest game is when they need as many people playing them as possible. By offering the streaming-only version they might feel that's an acceptable compromise because the lag will put off most players.