Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the new thread! Here are some rules I came up with

Once I’m done with constant splatting I need to go back and finish TLOU Part 1. Such a beautiful remake. I was previously not super hyped for GoW Ragnarok but the trailer yesterday looked totally fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Those sick fucks decided to add some games to this one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In my first year of uni a friend invited a bunch of us round for like a hang party while he did the really long mode in Dead Rising and then he died after about 100 minutes to the guy in the food court

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I’m very proud of us as a group

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Now make zombie yakuza remake

I believe that’s the less well-received one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
*looks up from switch* you can’t even be a squid in cod

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s a flashback you play through in TLOU2.

But also

OP now

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
if you have never played this wonderful game this is the perfect time

e: outer wilds, not sifu (although that does look good too)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Everyone says "Go in blind" for this one, but how long is it until the "thing" is revealed?

I might play it with a friend tonight, and I'm curious.

Should be within an hour, depending on how long you spend in the opening area

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How could Hiro do us like this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Just beat the orphan of kos, solo, on my sixth try. It was frantic and fun and wow. I feel great. Recorded the video too :3 man. Steaming through this game. Also when the kos parasite popped in my inventory I got the old hunters weapons trophy!

Only two to go.

Fantastic work! And also you should have streamed it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Megasabin posted:

Thank you!

And the other important question I forgot to ask! I understand the game has had significant tweaks to it's graphics setting in multiple patches. Anyone know what's the go to nowadays? I remember reading the thread in launch week and lot's of people then said that the 30 FPS highest quality mode did look substantially better if you don't mind 30FPS. But I believe the many patches have been aimed at improving the performance mode? I also think there is a new hybrid mode?

Yeah you are right, the fidelity in performance mode has supposedly been improved a ton and is now the preferred way to play according to framerate needs like DF

The hybrid mode is for 120Hz TVs only right? The version of that in Insomniac’s games is really good, but I haven’t tried it for Horizon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
fridge is gonna literally cum and I’m very pleased for him (and that I’m not anywhere near him rn)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

almost got ebrietas on my first try but got sloppy at the end. 4 other attempts not even past half health and it's late so ill try again tomorrow.

frig

That’s a tough one. Try and get stuck in its tail. You got this!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Xenogears, Suikoden 1 and 2, Dragon Quest XI, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy 1-VI pixel remasters.

Just rattling off jRPGs I am going to play and hopefully enjoy.

Even I know you gotta put Chrono Trigger on this!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

sports games peaked on dreamcast

My dad would agree with you

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They’re gonna keep making PS4 games for as long as our PS4 thread remains open

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haven’t played a non-Splatoon console game since it came out. All my gaming plans for the rest of the year are scuppered. Scuppered!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is the single player good 👀

Yeah! It is quite like the Octo Expansion from 2 where you have typical “get to the end without dying” levels and then a lot of challenge levels. It’s really fun. But it’s definitely not the main attraction.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s a pretty big leak! Wild stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I wanted to like splatoon 2 a lot. Having two maps at a time and I think the gyro was only limited to going up and down?

good Swicth year though.

E : does the rockstar leak mention rdr2 for ps5

Only two maps at once is still a thing and still annoying. The gyro can go everywhere but it limits the right stick to only horizontal movement (which imo is actually way better)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
video games as a medium is wildin out rn

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seeing Geni’s final phase within the first dozen attempts is super impressive tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Given all veeg has said about Quake I’m pretty sure Prodeus would be exactly his jam

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
bop you’re getting ahead of yourself!! he’s playing the game which rocks!! there is plenty of time for videos and such later

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“truely” is so triggering

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Summer in TLOU1. Henry’s face at the end in this version is so effective. So sad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gotta keep guard for a couple more days to make sure she doesn’t respawn

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Even with that option the game sucked

Leave this attitude in the old thread, buster!!!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hades is so fantastic I put so many hours into it and loved all of them even by the end when I was getting basically no new things and was just doing runs while drunk for the hell of it

Still never got all the Dusa romance stuff though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TLOU1 is a great game

TLOU2 is all-time top 10

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
and cards

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hoffadoff posted:

So outer worlds and cyberpunk are both on sale right now. If I was looking for a fps would either one of them fit the bill? Are they both giant open world games where I'm gonna have to travel halfway across a big rear end map to shoot poo poo?

Just to be clear: Outer Wilds is not an fps in the slightest. The only weapons you get are radio signal things and language translators. It is, however, incredible

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Just to be clear: Outer Worlds is not Outer Wilds.

Ah yes I got confused because why would anyone bring up The Outer Worlds in 2022 lmao. So forgettable

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes, play Horizon 1 first. The story in 2 follows on from it in major ways. Plus it’s just a really good game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baggot posted:

New thread, new posters, so here's a friendly invitation to our friendly Discord server for PlayStation thread posters!

We'll help you with hardware or software troubleshooting, game recommendations, trophy hunting, or just finding other folks to play games with. Everyone is welcome!

https://discord.gg/9j7ugAb

We are so close to 500 members!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I will never post in the discord while this thread still lives!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Astro Bot Rescue Mission is absolutely fantastic, a real top-tier platformer that becomes iconic with the incredible use of VR

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it’s a legit scrub opinion. and the crashing is fun anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The discord link should be at the top of the OP imo