Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Removed any hype I had for PSVR2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully we at least get Beatsaber.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Really I am still waiting on the price. Considering how quiet Sony is being on this point, I am expecting it to hurt lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Bananana posted:

Is Madden '23 any good?

Funny you bring this up, I just made a thread for discussion sports games. But uh not really? Its kinda a huge mess this year with a very unnecessarily complicated playbook, and bugs where the UI just disappears so you can't make proper plays or see information that you need to know. Madden 22 is a much better game imo, but maybe someone has had a better experience with it than I did.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

MLB The Show is extremely good

yeah of all of them this is the best one. Im currently playing NBA 2k23 and its alright!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Bananana posted:

This is good info.
So... does that mean '22 would be a better buy today?

Yeah i'm just sticking with Madden 22, it's on EA's version of Game Pass, and if you already have Game Pass you can play it right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game looks great (what I was able to watch before it all got taken down off Youtube), I am really excited to see official footage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

i was at work when i said that, by OUTFIT i meant, they are looking for you based on last known descriptions from npc's lol.

That sounds extremely cool. This is the sort of stuff that people were hoping Cyberpunk 2077 would have for its cops, instead we essentially got nothing for crime enforcement in that game. GTAV's crime enforcement mechanic was pretty basic and the same as it has been since GTA3. So really hoping for a lot of improvements. And of course none of this guarantees it'll be in the finished game. It's very possible Rockstar realizes that none of this will really work or isn't fun and take it out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

the hacker is claiming it wasnt theirs wallet, so someone just got scammed by bitcon.

Lmaoooooooo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GTA Online never had good cheat detection or safety measures in place anyways. The source code is unlikely to make that any worse. It also depends on how old it is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought Sakura Wars last night on PSN because it was $15.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Star Wars games I like:
Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Shadows of the Empire
Battlefront 2 (2005)
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
the Old Republic
Pod Racer
Squadron
Rogue Squadron 2
Galaxies

I really want an open world sandbox crafting/building Star Wars game, and I am very surprised a game like this doesn't exist yet or even that one is in development.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new covid booster for me went perfectly. It was the flu shot that I got in the other arm at the same time that sucked lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony please loving stop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you can play rdr2 on the play station 5, right now. why do you want a remake lmao

30 fps cap :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People question whether or not the PS5 is worth it, but like, has anyone here tried playing any games released on the PS4 in the last 2 - 3 years? They all run like dog poo poo and look terrible. Like yeah, you can play say Gran Turismo 7 on the PS4, but have fun with those load times, and PS3 era shadows from GT5. The game is hideous looking and performs horribly to the point of being unplayable. Then you load it up on PS5, and its 4K or at least very close, and 60fps.

If a game has a PS4/PS5 hybrid version, it might as well be PS5 exclusive because chances are its not really playable on PS4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

GT7 is fine on PS4, loading aside, it looks better than Sport still

I really dont agree with this. I played both on PS4, and GT7 has tons of screen tearing, and very pixelated shadows that Sport doesnt have. It was unplayable for me because of the screen tearing. And it’s not just this game, its basically every AAA title in the last few years. Everything just feels terrible to play now on even PS4 Pro.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

They were doing a remake of rdr1 and a 60fps porr/patch of rdr2 but canned it after poor reception to the recent gta trilogy remaster. Lol. Lmao.

That really sucks, but I guess we have the PC version then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

But it's a Battle Royale.

Yeah but this would actually be cool as a Battle Royale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I had high expectations from the Steam Deck but it’s exceeded literally all of them. What you get for the price is just nuts. I almost can’t justify owning my PC anymore because I’ve stopped using it entirely. Steam OS is the poo poo. It’s so good.

I am looking forward to getting my Steam Deck next week! I do think though that it’ll quickly start to show its age in the next year or so with at least AAA video games, unless developers start to really get creative with optimization for it. Which may very well happen because of how popular the device is. But its hardware can only go so far, although much much further than the Switch, and that gets virtually every game under the sun for it, no matter how piss poor the port is.

I’m going to primarily be using the Steam Deck for retro game emulation, and I am excited.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Since they added the full screen graphics for every game I feel like themes are probably dead

I want my roasting on an open fire corn back. I demand justice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arist posted:

They're trying to eliminate bots and smurf accounts (or at the very least, make them extremely inconvenient).

Doing it for CoD War Zone makes sense (except not really), but for the base CoD game where it's $70 and never goes on sale? I don't understand this requirement at all. I guess if they are going to pave the way towards free to play CoD across the board.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing DQXI fancy edition or whatever it was called on the switch in 2D mode was the best DQXI experience imho

The 2D mode is so cool!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone I watch on Twitch, played the PS1 version for the first time and it took them over 100 hours.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

drat they must be stupid confident in this one

Exactly, they wouldn’t have review embargo up that early otherwise. Likely expecting and wanting to see this game sweep all of the various game awards for what that is worth.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When GoW18 first released, I thought it was actually a pretty boring game and didn’t like it. But then I tried it again two years later and fell in love with it. Game finally clicked. So I am beyond hyped for Ragnarok.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Switch lite is just a bad steam deck

Switch in general is a bad Steam Deck, especially now that Steam Deck can play most if not all of the good Switch exclusives better than the Switch can.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And of course people are jumping to conclusions about what this is. Sony never said this was some sort of prelude to an announcement of any kind.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PS+ is a terrible value that has gotten worse over the years. I've been subscribed since it went live on PlayStation 3, and in that time it has significantly cut back on benefits and free games while increasing in cost. Sony's subscription services are all significantly worse than Microsoft's.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No VR for Gran Turismo 7 pretty much makes PSVR2 useless. :( It's bad enough Beat Saber isn't on it too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GoW Ragnarok is loving unreal. The first hour of gameplay is beyond incredible and a significant step above anything Sony has ever made or any AAA game has delivered on in presentation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The PlayStation 5 has games on it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am very excited for this game!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

2.5 hours until Tactics Ogre :kingsley:

Have to wait until 9am pacific time to play on Steam Deck. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Tactics Ogre is everything I want in a game right now. What a time to be alive

:yeah: its very good!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think that is true about God of War 18' and Ragnaroks level design. The game world feels like a disney theme park. It doesn't stop the game from being my personal game of the year, and one of the best Sony games ever, but it felt odd at times.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay! God of War Ragnarok finished. This is my favorite game of 2022, and I would rate it a 10/10. Other than a few very minor glitches, the game was perfect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

also ya'll have convinced me to try tactics ogre after dad of war

This is the next game I have started on now that I finished Ragnarok.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

giogadi posted:

If I could only play one nioh game, should it be Nioh or Nioh 2?

Nioh 2 for sure, it improves on Nioh in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bows1 posted:

I haven't seen a single person in this thread say they hate it !

People just mainly don't like the NPC backseating, but love the game otherwise.