Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I couldn’t enjoy DR because games with time limits suck all the fun out of things for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Now make zombie yakuza remake

Nobody wants this it sucked bad

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Being able to do the dumb RC plane mission on a PS2 launch copy was my one special skill back in the day.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Nah man it's fine aiming is on the left joystick and Y-axis is permanently inverted this is totally fine.

Best part of that game was fully upgrading Akiyama into an absolute zombie murder machine.

They should just do a double pack of the PSP games if they’re going to bother releasing clunky games nobody wants to play.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Did they change that mission in later PS2 copies?

Yeah there are later versions with that fixed plus the leftover hot coffee stuff removed etc

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can skip Dead Souls if you have the critical thinking ability to recognise an absolutely dogshit video game.

It’s like they made so many incredible games all in a row they needed to get one absolute turd curled out to flush away all the bad stuff they managed to avoid putting into their other titles.

The gacha game functions in exactly the same way for the games they’ve released after.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is it sassy or droll or what

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Almost as if a timed exclusive for some inconsequential content is different to permanent exclusivity for an entire franchise!

Weird!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My dude we are like 100 calladoodys deep either you’re buying it right away on the platform you always buy it on because that’s where you and your friends have played the last 99 or you’re probably just not buying it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yakuza Kiwami 1’s only sin is introducing you to the “use a style-matching heat action to break the boss’s health regen shield” mechanic and then not telling you “by the way you don’t have that ability after the timeskip you need to unlock it in the skill tree”, which makes the first boss a total bullshit difficulty wall if you don’t happen to have unlocked it or didn’t know specifically to go unlock it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What part of the game’s basic-rear end design overshoots the capabilities of last gen exactly?

They excised all the fake reactive stuff they showed in the original trailers and made a game that’s no more in-depth or detailed than your average Bethesda gamebryo turd.

It’s just poorly made.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whatever gets me another THPS remaster

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gotta make sure people remember the franchise before they put out the pachinko machines

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doesn’t the DS3 have analogue face buttons which were used in like 3 games ever but would be missing with an adapter solution?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Changing my clothes to evade the police every 5 minutes because I keep getting into fender-benders when rushing around the world sounds tedious as gently caress unless it’s just in a quick menu and I can swap back and forth between two different outfits because the AI is actually still pretty stupid.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I don't see how this hurts Rockstar at all lol. Do people think someone is going to make their own GTA game with the stolen code and then when GTA comes out it's not going to sell a billion trillion copies anyway?

It could gently caress up monetisation of the online parts by making it even more trivial to cheat undetected.

This hurts Rockstar because they like money.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got the itch to play some more GTA V after the leaks and god drat the PS5 version is so pretty.

It really makes the saints row reboot look like a total piece of poo poo next to it, even if you make exceptions for the fact it’s also broken as gently caress.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RDR2 is phenomenal but is also very much a one and done experience.

Edit: I think this is why online didn’t take off like GTA did

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Watch Dogs 1 loving sucked

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Watch Dogs 2 was ok. Still very much a Ubisoft tower climbing simulator but with a little drone instead of climbing though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only good Star Wars game remains Force Unleashed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

More games should rip off Hades’s thing where you can turn on an option to gradually make the game easier over time if you can’t/don’t want to git gud and you just want to play the goddamn game.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Even with that option the game sucked

Yeah but it was a good option that let more people find that out for themselves instead of just bouncing off the difficulty wall and deciding to just trust the internet that it was a really great game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Outer worlds sucks. Absolute rubbish.

It isn’t even that it’s rubbish it’s just loving bland and boring as poo poo.

It’s like going to a theme park and being able to tell at a glance that all the theming is just novelty plastic cladding on top of a bunch of dull grey boxy buildings.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ghostwire is a £20 game at best, pay no more for it than that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone free Bungie from the Destiny mines, they do the best gunplay in gaming they just keep putting it in bad games now they don’t get to do Halo anymore.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Make Criterion do Black 2 actually

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And then another loving Burnout without any open world bullshit, just good tracks to race on instead of a bunch of cramped city blocks with sharp 90 degree turns

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If they want to keep the GaaS treadmill going they could always start unvaulting poo poo and doing throwback events that are outside the canon of their precious saga, or just make up some space bullshit to make them canon.

Timewalking worked for Blizzard for a while.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have played a bunch of VR both PSVR and with PC headsets and the only thing that ever made me feel sick as hell was RIGS.

I don’t know why. Any other game I can play with all the comfort poo poo turned off, but 10 minutes in RIGS and I’m ready to throw up.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah it isn’t free and it’s only available as the directors cut edition. If you go to the directors cut edition in the store then click on the … thing next to the buy button you should get a select version option which will have the discounted option listed in it.

E:fb

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is your PS4 version from the same region as your PSN account?

With the disc in the console the store should detect it and offer you the discounted option, but if the disc is from another region it won’t do poo poo.

People have had issues before with games bought from Amazon for example because resellers are just sending copies from wherever the gently caress since all the consoles are region free, and unless there’s something wild on the cover like a totally foreign language people don’t even realise.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Augus posted:

okay but being like "that's it, i'm quitting anime" over it is weird. just go watch gundam or something, you're an adult

Quitting anime is something to be applauded OP

It’s trash

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Augus posted:

you have so many fuckin gangtags you need a gif to scroll through them, never post at me again

You watch and defend anime

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only if you’re bad enough at the mini game to ever have to apologise

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I played it a little bit on PC and I mostly just accidentally threw pieces of debris into deep space

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re also decoupling it from Facebook so it won’t be quite as good at forcing you into their ecosystem to have all your poo poo harvested, instead of just some of your poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr Snips posted:

I should get back to finishing Like A Dragon, I was enjoying it until it hit a point where the game wanted me to grind and that felt completely at odds with a yakuza game.

Still wanna see the end of the story though.

When it introduces the grinding spot it really wants you to do the whole thing once because of what’s coming next, and that’s all the “grinding” you need to do unless you do the true final tower.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to the anime paedophiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It isn’t very GTA at all, it’s definitely more RPG than that. Only just though.

It’s nowhere near as reactive as their other games, it’s very railroady with very little you can do to influence the story beyond your ending choices right at the end of the game.