Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a way to turn off the light on the console? Or at least dim that poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How does the PS4 to PS5 upgrade work? Is there a specific list of games that have free upgrades? I assume I should be able to buy a PS4 game and upgrade to the PS5 version if an upgrade is available?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I’ve never been able to fill up my old PS4 hdd, but I’ve reached that point with the PS5. What is the go-to for the SSD. Am I going to be replacing the one that’s inside, or am I adding additional storage to the unit?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What’s up with the thread title? Am I not supposed to use the PS5 in rest mode?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Does the dBrand vented plate improve thermals or is that just a gimmicky marketing thing?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How is the Sony Pulse 3D? $100 seems awfully cheap for a set of good headphones...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Apparently, the PS5 controller only takes charging bricks with an output of 5V. I have a bunch of Apple bricks that are 5.2V and it won't charge the controller. I have a laptop charger and it won't accept it either. It sucks because I only have one charging brick that has the exact output of 5V. Is Anker still the go to place for charging stuff?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Any idea what causes the PS5’s green screen of death? I was playing some COD when the screen suddenly turned green and made a loud screeching sound. I powered it back on, the SSD rebuilt itself and it’s normal again… I don’t use the PS5 often so it’s a bit concerning it might have a hardware issue already.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

It happened again while I was playing COD. I went into safe mode and ran everything short of doing a full restore. Played a bit more of COD again and and weird error popped up stating that an error happened with COD and if I would like to report it. I just uninstalled the game at that point and see if other games have the same issue.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

My PS5 is boinked. Luckily I’m still under the manufacturer’s warranty and do not need to pay for shipping. Unfortunately, it’s going to take like a month when everything is said and done.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I sent in a PS5 to be repaired, does Sony actually tell you what they fixed? Aside from, "yeah we fixed something", enjoy!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just got my PS5 back from the repair center. Just a PS5 in a box, no paperwork, no indication of what they fixed. How strange.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Sifu is hard a gently caress. I also like that they have dubs in Mandarin and Cantonese, pretty cool for a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I haven’t turned on my PS5 in about two months. Was pleasantly surprised to see Dave Dever for free. It’s annoying that I purchased it about a month ago. But I just chalk it up to supporting the developer and those type of games. Even though they’re not an indie developer.