Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:whatup: new thread

I'm still playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas The Definitive Edition on my Sony PlayStation 5. Honestly, the remaster has been totally fine for the most part. I'm playing on Performance mode and the 60fps is inconsistent but usually sticks to that target. I haven't experienced any real bugs at all, which is shocking since weren't there a lot of those on release? They must have fixed a ton of those in patches. There are a few missions I really haven't enjoyed at all, like one I played last night where you have to fly a plane under a radar limit halfway across the map and the plane felt like it controlled like poo poo, but that's not the remaster's fault. That's 18 year old game design for you.

Anyway, if you have an itch to play through San Andreas again, this is a pretty solid way to do that! It's still a mostly great game in 2022 with a lot of fun moments, and as far as open world crime games go, I'm glad I'm playing this and not the new Saints Row, which seems like a buggy mess that lacks the personality of previous Saints Row games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FlamingLiberal posted:

San Andreas has a few missions that had lovely controls that were all flying-related

The San Fierro toy plane missions being the most infamous
I was surprised that I completed the RC plane missions on the first try this time, though yeah, the controls were awful.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does anyone know when the CoD Modern Warfare 2 beta will be available for download? The first (and PlayStation exclusive) beta weekend is supposed to start on Friday. I pre-ordered a while back. I just want to have enough time to download it before Friday in case it's huge.

e: nvm! I just checked and it's available to download now :) 25.31 GB

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 14, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Do downloads pause or go slower when you're running a game on PS5? IIRC that's how it works on Xbox.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's p much the only game I buy annually. I've been doing this for several years, and several times I've been pretty disappointed. The 2019 Modern Warfare kicked rear end, though, so I'm hoping this sequel will too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PS Direct has been having them in stock a lot lately. Well, the Horizon bundle, at least. It looks like they're out of stock right now but keep checking. There's an option to register for the opportunity to buy one on there. Not sure how reliable that is.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/ps5

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another real bummer of GTA San Andreas: the gang AI. I'm near the end of the game where you've gotta retake all these neighborhoods, and doing it solo really sucks, so I'm trying to use my gang members but they really suck too lol

I can run a 6 person gang, so I'll recruit a bunch of dudes but they either won't shoot the enemies at all or they'll all die instantly.

I'll be glad when I'm done with this game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Phew, I beat San Andreas (again) just in time for the Modern Warfare 2 beta to start :D

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've played a few rounds of the Modern Warfare 2 beta (Team Deathmatch and Domination) and I'm happy to say that it's quite fun :) Feels better to play than Vanguard for sure.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is there a way to toggle the Dualsense's mic off in the settings? I know now that you press the button under the PS button to mute it (I didn't know that until yesterday when I saw that my mic was on in-game in the Modern Warfare 2 beta, which wasn't what I wanted), but like I have to do that every time I wake the system out of rest mode. It'd be nice to have it muted unless you press the button on the controller, which is how I thought it worked until yesterday.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dewgy posted:

You can change the default by going to the Settings menu, Sound, Microphone, Microphone Status When Logged In.
Dooooooooope, thanks!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

veni veni veni posted:

Modern Warfare 2 beta fun
:agreed:

I played it yesterday and today and have quite enjoyed it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

All these GTA6 leaks are wild :eyepop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vikar Jerome posted:

the hacker is claiming it wasnt theirs wallet, so someone just got scammed by bitcon.
Holy poo poo :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Modern Warfare 2 beta is open to everyone today through Tuesday, I believe, and then again from the 22nd to the 26th.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I will play both GTA6 and Diablo 4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The only absolutely baffling thing about the MW2 beta is the 3rd person playlist lol

Why would anyone want to play Call of Duty in 3rd person? I guess there are some people who do, though. The rounds I played of it felt bad to play. And ADS just returns you to first person aiming anyway!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SilkyP posted:

I think I would like Returnal more it kept the graphics, atmosphere, sci fi , sound design and haptic controls but was just like, a third person sci fi dead space 1esque game
:same:

The roguelike part really wasn't for me when I played it. I had a feeling it wouldn't be for me going into it, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway because everything I'd heard about it sounded so well done, and it was, just yeah, not my kind of game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A 17 year old did all that? Goddamn

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My first booster gave me arm soreness, but my 2nd one? Nothing! I almost forgot I even got it haha

(All Pfizer)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bloodychill posted:

I like the concept of Synecdoche but watching it is the closest thing I've felt to feeling like I was doing homework by watching a movie and I've actually watched movies for homework before.
I watched it recently for the first time after hearing it compared to The Rehearsal (which I absolutely loved), and while I could see parallels between the two, I really wasn't that into Synecdoche, which made me feel crazy since I'd been hearing praise for it for over a decade.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh I am gonna play the poo poo out of this game when it comes out

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

Three days without power.

Three days without PS5.

I crave videogames!
Oh poo poo, you got hit by Ian? I hope you're doing okay :love:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that's unnecessary. The game already plays at 60fps and looks good on PS5. Sure, it doesn't look as good as HFW, but still.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I need to pump up my numbers. They're rookie numbers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDJNZ9cK1w

Maybe I'm misremembering the original Dead Space but this doesn't look that different. That said, I will still play this because I absolutely loved the OG. I sure hope the remake fixes some parts like the asteroid shooting segment, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DS2 had that needle (or was it a laser?) going into Isaac's eye section that was super gnarly. I don't remember much of that game but I'll always remember that part. Didn't DS2 also have an unkillable Nemesis type enemy that followed you around?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Callisto looks better.
I will get both because I'm a sucker for good space horror

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My first Diablo was 3 on PS3 like 9 years ago and I absolutely loved it. Bought it multiple times on multiple different systems. So naturally when a remake of 2 was announced, I got excited and pre-ordered it. Then I played the beta of it and really wasn't feeling it :( Apparently I'm a scrub for liking 3 but not liking 2 lol. It just felt so old to me. So yeah, I guess it is a faithful remake, just not one that appealed to me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Joined PlayStation Stars and I have 0 points even though I pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2 and God of War Ragnarok a while back, although I got a notification on my PS5 saying there's gonna be campaigns to earn points for those games coming later. I guess you only get points added for purchases made after you join?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

London Film Festival update for BP and anyone else who may be interested: despite some third act issues (which also exist in the book), White Noise is definitely top-tier Baumbach.
I really like the LCD Soundsystem track that's a tie-in with that movie

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

HFW is my GotY unless GoW.
:same: and I really doubt GoW is gonna be good enough to dethrone it, although I sure would like it to be good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Haven't there already been a couple minor hardware revisions? No PS5 Slim or anything, but yeah, seems kinda pointless to wait.

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s hard to say how they’ll stack up, yeah. I’m just happy we get both in the same year :D
You and me both :hfive:

MW2 and GoW come out within weeks of each other. My PS5 is gonna be getting a lot of use soon.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 9, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

:sickos:

I’ve been totally out of the mp gaming world for a while. MW2 beta got me hooked. It’s so much fun. CoD was always the perfect game for me to just solo queue and take as seriously as I want from “who cares I’m gonna zone out pew pew and listen to a podcast” to “aiming to reach some deep flow elite gaming state”. I’m gonna have to grab this one for sure.

The fact that I heard it’s getting OG MW2 maps is peak nostalgia bait too and this fish is biting.
MW2019 got the Rust map and I played it so much hahaha

I rarely take CoD seriously and almost always play it while listening to music or a podcast or whatever. I'm excited that the beta for this one felt a lot better to play than the last 2 CoD games, though!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is reminding me of Half-Life 2 for some reason. It'd be sick to get another Half-Life game built in UE5, but I guess they have their own proprietary tech with Source and the only Half-Life game they've made in the last 15 years has been VR only lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I am totally buying this game

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What does the Country Music Awards have to do with video games

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://twitter.com/Sakofalltrades/status/1582681537157337094?t=PRpE1rhwtk8V3tYPrOb9-w&s=19

Ascension is probably the japanese dev game. Return to silent hill is the new movie. "Playstation" is... hmm im not sure????
Press F for Silent Hill

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lol

Also I'm downloading MWII and this thing's gonna be loving huge, right? There's the game install, campaign pack 1, campaign pack 2, a co-op pack, a multiplayer pack and Warzone 2. I'm downloading everything but Warzone 2 because I don't plan on playing it but just the game install is 36 gigs. Idk how big all the packs are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

univbee posted:

It's actually not bad. Certainly a lot better than Cold War which was something like 266 gigs fully installed (and didn't include Warzone in that pack).

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1582780289096749056?s=20&t=sB2PeHfITLkA4sTC26HZcg
Oh drat, that's only like 60 gigs for everything except Warzone if my calculations are correct. I figured it would be like twice that.