Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Hoping for a great year of JRPGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Tim Premiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=779coR-XPTw

boz
Oct 16, 2005
There's a multiplayer dragon game that came out called Century that is free to play. You fly around and capture gold and shoot fire.

Just saw it today on the store.

It's fun. That is all. If it was mentioned already my bad.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Damnnnn didn't know that was a thing, I think I last played it on ps3?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Arist posted:

PS5 thread has no jokes

PS5 thread is the joke

boz
Oct 16, 2005

bloodychill posted:

that one where the aliens teach a language that causes people to see time non-linearly

What is this it sound sick

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

*edit wrong thread

Get one of those do it yourself kits to add back buttons to your PS5 controller from amazon. It's not too difficult, no soldering needed.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

The Perfect Element posted:

I think the hdmi port on my PS5 is shot and I don't know what to do! Periodically the screen and the sound both just cut out, for like a good few seconds, before coming back again. This can happen every five minutes, two minutes or thirty seconds, depending on the session. I also get weird green flicking and screen tearing. Resetting the console sometimes makes the issue go away for a bit.

I've tried different cables, different ports on my TV, and changing the 4k transfer rate to -1 and - 2, and none of them make any difference. I'm genuinely upset about this cos I love my PS5 and I'm really not in a position right now to afford a new one.

Any tips, beloved goons?

You don't have a TCL tv do you? Mine always did that with the ps4 and ps5.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Last spring when ER came out my wife was really pregnant and I had time for one more big 40+ hourish game before baby and my gaming free time plummeted for the rest of the year.

My choice, February of 2022 was Elden Ring or Horizon FW. I chose Horizon FW and, based on what I’m reading, I chose very poorly because oh my lord was FW a massive disappointment for me.

On the other hand, with only 40 hours to spare you may not have had enough time for ER

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I edited my post when I looked up my stats I somehow put 85 hours into FW despite not liking it at all.

Ah then yeah you chose the wrong game

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Anyone else super excited about Wild Hearts?

Yeah made it to the second island and got curbstomped by a fire giant guy in the trial.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Between this, Hi-Fi Rush, and Wo Long, I'm glad I have a decent PC to go along with my PS5. Game Pass been knocking it out of the park lately.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

Wo Long rules. The bug with the button prompt aside, it was all great stuff. The focus on parrying everything really does make it feal like Nioh + Sekiro.

Shame it's releasing so close to RE4 though. No way I'm not getting that game first. Hope they still manage to sell well.

I slammed the triggers and bumpers and it went off, which one was it supposed to be exactly?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

still thinkin bout

They strong

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Tchia is a lot of fun.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fix posted:

What is the best thing you have done so far?

Possessed a deer and charged off the side of a mountain, ragdolling like deer simulator

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Same here, having a blast with it.

It reminds me of those old rear end playstation Deception games where you had to kill npc invaders with traps.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

For the love of God can one of you record a video of how good or bad HFW's combat is?

https://youtu.be/779coR-XPTw

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Posting to say Aloy fuckin’ rules.

Yeah.

Every time you start a quest or talk to someone and they're like "LOOK IT'S THE SAVIOR OF (BLANK)" She gets the same look on her face that I do when people would thank me for my military service.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Watched a review for new Jedi game.
There are different stances you can use.
One of them is Lightsaber in one hand and blaster in the offhand
Preordered immediately after.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

It's easier to pick out third or first person shooter games that don't have multiplayer at this point. For example, Resident Evil, Control, Returnal, and Ghostwire Tokyo

Doesn't Returnal have co-op now?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

cubicle gangster posted:

I love complex puzzle games, love feeling lost, played myst and riven to completion without a guide, but for some loving reason on an almost nightly basis, horizon forbidden west thrusts me into a situation where I'm running around aimlessly thinking I have not got a clue what I'm supposed to be doing to move things forward right now.

The blood choke, investigate the rebel camp. I found 2 things to interact with that aloy paused and spoke about. Not enough. One more. Ten laps. Pixel hunting the focus view like a crap 90's point and click game.

I looked up a guide, a ballista was up on the corner that I couldn't see. But why do I need to keep looking up a guide to figure out where the next interactive object is, more than any game I've played in decades?

E: I also find the game really frustrating where you're running around as part of a side quest and aloy goes 'oh wow that thing' and talk for ages about something she's seen - but I haven't seen it, I haven't got a clue what she's on about. It's behind a rock formation and hasn't even been on my screen yet.
Lots of little frustrations are starting to add up with this game for me. I'm 60 hours in, did far too much side stuff, really need to beeline the main quest and get it over with.

Was that where you had to destroy a dam thing blocking the water? If so I had this same issue.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Picked up Boltgun, this game is great. Everything feels/sounds perfect and it's tons of fun to play. All the glowing reviews were right.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

just gonna wait the extra 11 days, i think.

Progress carries over so you wouldn't really be wasting any time.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

acksplode posted:

I was thinking about skipping the demo for full impact on release day, but I guess I'll have to play it in order to read this thread for the next week :mad:

Since you'll have to play through the demo's portion anyway, consider yourself saving two hours on release day

boz
Oct 16, 2005

TReN ...man, I don't know how to fully articulate why this game makes me so emotional. It's like the gaming feels equivalent to sitting on a farmhouse porch at sunset, or having someone heat you up a bowl of soup late at night. When it's not busy twisting your brain in knots or making you dash around jumping from track to track to insanely catchy music...it's hitting you right in the gut with concentrated nostalgia.

:cry:

edit; for what it is, I honestly think it might be one of the best Sony first party games ever

What's this?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

It's a game about toy trains that Media Molecule released alongside Dreams going up on PS+ (because that's what was used to make it)

Ah sick, just watched the trailer for it.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Rinkles posted:

i thought a big black void in the sky was more striking

The reason it doesn't seem as striking is because we know it's a Bethesda game so we assume it's a visual glitch rather than them achieving something neat.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
IIRC the thing that made me take a break from that plat was grinding to do all the weapon upgrades.

The flower one that I see people complain about didn't end up being as bad as I was hyping it up to be.

...! posted:

:confused:

I platted it easily. What exact trophies did you have a problem with?

Gotta say that while that Trails of Cold Steel III/IV box set looks really cool, I don't understand why they're making a PS5 port. You could almost run those games on a PS3. They don't exactly push the PS4 to its limits. Since the PS5 can run PS4 games, this port seems extremely pointless.

The Trails series are great JRPGs, though, and I highly recommend playing the PS4 versions, which are obviously available on the PSN store. They go on sale pretty often, too. Just keep in mind that there are seven of them on PS4 and they're all really long even by JRPG standards, so playing all of them will be a huge time commitment.

If you decide to try out the series, I recommend playing them in chronological order; plot events in the later games assume that you've played through the previous games and are very familiar with the plot of those games as well as the major events that occurred.

Plot chronological order is:

Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure
Trails of Cold Steel
Trails of Cold Steel II
Trails of Cold Steel III
Trails of Cold Steel IV
Trails into Reverie

Where does Trails in the Sky go.

boz fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 22, 2023

boz
Oct 16, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Sorry I just don't rate V that highly. Sure its a good game and much much better than its immediate predecessor but I just feel it is merely trying to mimic the magic of the first three games rather than actually channeling it.

III on the other hand is undeniably a Suikoden game and still carries with it the vision of the first two games. Yes it has its teething problems with going to 3D models and the truncated battle system and the overall smaller feel to the world, but narratively it is in exactly the right place. V fixed the series mechanically but narratively it was still lacking in that Suikoden feel. I didn't like III very much on release but replaying it gave me a lot more appreciation of it. On the other hand I loved V at release, but on replay I was less impressed with it.

III also had the best intro movie.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Once I got a sniper rifle that could shoot people through objects I don't think I switched off of it.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Cocoon getting glowing reviews, prolly gonna be on a lot of GOTY lists around here. Dunno how much it costs but it's supposed to be out today and is apparently 5-6 hours long. Nice Game Pass get.

Is it going to be on any of them? Didn't see anything for it on the Xbox app on pc.

edit: Ok cool it is but it just hasn't shown up yet. Hyped to save a couple bucks cause this was going to be a day one buy.

boz fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 29, 2023

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Played Cocoon for a bit.

Game is really good.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Preordered Jusant.

Need a game to chill me out as I am anxious/sad/terrified/depressed

Was gonna do this then I saw it was coming to GamePass

boz
Oct 16, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Playing Jedi Survivor after finishing Spiderman. I’m not sure why I slept on this but it’s a lot of fun. Sticking actual exploration into the Jedi Fallen Order formula worked out well.

I really loved this about it. Always seemed to reward every bit of exploration.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

negativeneil posted:

Yeah, it's really tough trying to remember the move sets though. The base game drip feeds the combat to you so well that I didn't realize by the end of the game how many mechanics I was juggling during encounters. Doom Eternal was a similar experience when I finally picked up the dlc for that much later after I'd finished the base game. God of Hades is fun though, good of them to put it out for free.

I'm finding the combat a lot more fun in this, since it buffs specific moves. Find myself playing a lot differently than during the main game.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Lobok posted:

Like, It Drags On

I almost spit out my drink

boz
Oct 16, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

more like i get to enjoy the parts i like (using hellfire chainblades to rip through demons)

while avoiding the parts i don't (listening to weak, formulaic, uninteresting, melodramatic story beats)

i played the majority of ghost of tsushima riding around listening to the conan the barbarian soundtrack. japanese language audio with english subtitles i barely paid attention to. i absolutely loved playing that game, got the platinum, and sunk a poo poo ton of hours into the online component.

don't tell me how to play

Did you play the GoW dlc? Sounds like you'd like it

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Playing the new Prince of Persia game a bit early.

Game is super fun and great so far.

Movement and combat feel great, and that's really the biggest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Larry Cum Free posted:

Thanks for this! My theory is that the free PS+ games don't come out on the 1st of the month is because it takes a couple days to figure out how to bury them in the PS Store so they're utterly impossible to find.

If you go to the ps plus square on the far left instead of the store they're normally right there, or just a couple presses of the down button.