Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I'm strongly considering trading in my 2017 airpod gen 2 for $15. I think 6 years is a good run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Don’t they usually roll them out at like, 1pm pacific time?

1PM EST.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

njsykora posted:

My main problem looking at the woven cases is that the colours suck. I should probably just get a clear case but also I hate the visible magsafe ring on them.

There's like a billion another clear case manufacturers. I went with Ringke this time around since it's fairly cheap and I want to wait and see where the market lands in the coming months.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Does anyone know if you can do a trade in store at Apple instead of mailing it back? I'm being sent a trade in kit but I rather trade in person to avoid any shadiness in the mail.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I actually really like my earpod pros (and their noise cancellation is really nice).

I still have my old airpods from a few years ago and don't know how to get rid of them properly. Can I take them to Apple to have them recycled or whatever?

You could trade it in at Best Buy for a small amount. I'm getting $15 for my 2017 gen 2 airpods and gonna get some airpod pros with it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Rolo posted:

My pro is down in the mailbox but I’m so hung over I may die if I move.

How is it?

Get it before your friendly porch pirate gets it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Update your new 15 to 17.0.2 before transferring old phone to new.

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/09/22/warning-update-your-iphone-15-to-ios-17-0-2/

Doesn't the phone auto update when you're transferring anyway?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Thinking about upgrading my APP1 especially since Best Buy has the new USBC APP2 for $199. Can I trade-in at the time of purchase and get credited toward the purchase, or do I have to ship them somewhere?

I believe you can trade in at time of purchase. I'm going to trade in my airpod gen 2 next week at BB.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

My quest to trade in my iPhone on my Apple order at the fruit stand was a no go. Apparently, since I got instant credit on my order, I need to ship my phone back.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

lol.

https://www.wsj.com/tech/personal-tech/apple-new-iphone-15-overheat-dbd5171a

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-27/apple-iphone-15-pro-users-complain-that-device-can-get-too-hot

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidp...olution-coming/

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Apple is revolutionizing hand warmers for the colder markets.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

17.0.3 is out. Cool your iPhone with this easy download.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

lol.

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/iphone-15-battery-tips/

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Well that didn’t take long.

Trying to decide if I want to just ignore it or waste their time.

There's a rumor if you spam certain words or
phrases that are disapproved by China, they might be in a world of trouble.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Xabi posted:

Has anyone here gone from a Mini to the new regular size? Did you survive the transition without regrets?

I went from 13 Mini to 15 Pro. I do miss being able to pocket the phone comfortably but the larger battery life definitely outweighs the smaller size.

Overall, I don't regret it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

I think part of the high values for the old poo poo is because unboxing videos weren't a thing back then. Everyone is going to be unboxing their vision pro in 8k, which will be forever preserved online.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Head Bee Guy posted:

ubreakifix wants $20 over apple, so i’ll just bite the bullet and make a drat appointment

Do you feel adventurous?

https://selfservicerepair.com/en-US/order

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

MY WIFE has a new iPhone 15 Pro Max, and sometimes when she picks it up the display is off (she uses AOD) and when she presses the power button it shows that it’s booting from off. it’s happened 3 times in the few weeks she’s had the phone, and I can’t figure out what might be causing it. battery is fine each time, wasn’t on a charger, no OS update indicator

maybe a defective unit? it’ll be annoying to try troubleshooting steps because it’s so infrequent…

Could it be the case that's not fitting properly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Does anyone know if the Apple Card gives 3% cash back at the Apple Store when you use the actual card number, NOT using Apple Pay?

I'm planning to buy a new Macbook and I'm going to have my sister buy it with her account so I can use her education discount but I'd like to use my card (and pick it up in store myself - as I understand it, she'll be able to designate in-store pickup and 'someone else is picking this up for me').

If the physical card only gives 1% then I can easily use a different card, just wondering how they deal with this.

Based on this thread, it seems like you will.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255448263

That said, you could use your Apple Pay for her order, assuming she can do the order on your computer or iPhone or whatever.

Also, I would check with your employer and see if they have some sort of EPP with Apple. They're usually on par with the student discount.

Lastly, I would check out Costco and see if they have the model you want, assuming you got an executive membership, they give you 2% + 2% back on whatever minor discount they're offering on the device.