Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Hi friends

I'm a recent iPhone adoptee, having been an Android guy for like 15+ years. I got the 14 Pro Max or whatever, and have shoved it into one of these battery cases which I am so far very happy with. The nice thing is that the battery case seems to work just fine with the wireless charging pucks I have scattered about at home and work, but I tend to need the extended battery on my phones because I use it to run my insulin pump and glucose monitoring for my diabetic care.

The only thing I'm missing now is that I used to have one of those phone-grip-ring things on the back of my old Android phone, which I found made it a lot easier to hold while I was doomscrolling in bed or whatever. Something like these things:

A bunch of them say they're magsafe compatible, but from what I have seen that just means that the ring itself magnetizes onto the back of the phone and would otherwise be removable if you wanted to drop it on a magsafe thing. Are there any options that exist that wouldn't interfere with wireless charging that I could leave on the back, even in the case I have? I know that's probably asking for too much, but I figured I'd see if anyone knew of good solutions for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I have been digging and digging through the internet unsuccessfully, but I thought it might be worth asking here.

Is there a battery case for the iPhone 14 Pro Max that:
  • Still supports wireless charging;
  • Has a USB-C input on the exterior of the case but a lightning port on the interior of the case (that plugs into the phone)?

I have been using one of these for the last year and it has been pretty good but I would love it if the external port was USB-C instead, since every other device I own is USB-C. I don't want to upgrade my phone just to get a better port. :colbert: