Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is it crazy at this point to upgrade from a 12 mini to a 13 mini? My 12 gets kinda hot, the battery sucks, and would appreciate more than 64GBs of storage. I like the size and processor speed isn’t really an issue so I was thinking of just getting a 13 mini but maybe I’ll just bite the bullet and get a normal sized 14 for longevity. Does anyone that’s gone from a mini to a normal have regrets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just ordered a 13 mini in a snazzy red. my 12 mini is apparently worth $250 with trade in, seems like a no brainer. It really is the perfect size

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I would’ve just replaced the battery but 64GB of storage just wasn’t cutting it for me with how big apps are now. But if the 13 mini is notably faster and the camera is slightly better that’s a good bonus

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I buy all my phones outright and I don’t think I’d get enough out of the pro features to make the markup worth it, would rather get more storage. I do like that deep purple though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ive got mushy joints but that's just genetics

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I always forget about swipe

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My bone doctor says sitting on you wallet is awful for you lumbar so use whatever fits in your front pocket imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hey if he wants them he can have them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m hoping for a Mini Pro one day so I can take macro photos of cool bugs I see and also have a nice small phone

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I bought a dumb UV box for my phone at the start of the pandemic, I wonder if it actually worked

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Shave your fingers down maybe?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Offline maps are pretty cool imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just use the standard Apple keychain like a rube

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only major change they’ve made recently that I can’t stand is the new MacOS Settings app. It sucks poo poo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Skill issue I have never dropped a phone

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think switching to silent mode does that

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You need more vertical oscillation I think

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve never deleted an iMessage conversation I forget how big my app is but it’s around that size

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Usually you just tap it and it shrinks down, don’t know about overcast

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think so but at that point it’s usually too late and your phone has been wiped and sold at a pawn shop somewhere

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jokes on them I don’t have any money in my bank account either :smuggo:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If there are decapitating phone pirates roaming the streets I’d probably stop carrying a phone altogether tbh

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s too hot here for people to be roaming around criming I think

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d still carry a wallet just in case my phone dies and I’m stranded or get hit by a car or something

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Solved the problem a century ago with physical cards imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More like Tim Crook

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Where’s that?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I use my iPad vertically unless I’m watching a video or reading a comic

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

101 posted:

Why would you read comics in landscape? An iPad in portrait is like the perfect aspect ratio for a comic book page.

I have the Big Pad and double page spreads looks really nice

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No case no masters

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s how I hold and look at my phone

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gonna buy the Diamond iPhone but with 128GB of storage, I’m not made of money you know

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If my 13 mini had Macro mode I’d have so many pictures of bugs. Its the one reason I would buy a pro phone

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
are folding phones good yet? they still look like a durability nightmare to me, maybe I'm just old fashioned

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I buy all my phones outright it just seems easier than trade in plans. but I usually buy the base poverty model like my beloved 13 mini

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is it the always on display? Doesn’t seem like that would affect anything but it’s the only difference

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What you don’t like the 1970s handbag aesthetic? The headphone brassiere?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
AirPods Max and their keyboard/mice are the only lightning holdouts I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dont hate lightning as much as I hated the 30 Pin connector or Micro USB so I'm not in a rush to get away from it. Man I hate micro USB