Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
I've finally caved and started using icloud to back-up my phone instead of to my computer. I've had messages synced with icloud for a while now, but it seems that only a fraction have made it into the cloud (3.1gb showing in the cloud vs 45gb on my phone). I have over 120gb of free space left in my icloud drive, so I don't think space is the issue.

Should I try unsyncing then resyncing on my iphone? I have a few imessage conversations with late friends and relatives that I consider precious, so I want to do whatever possible to keep them safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Corb3t posted:

This may be the stupidest workaround possible, but maybe try loading up your iPhone with media (music? podcasts? videos?), which might trigger your device to upload everything possible into iCloud to free up some space?

When did you upgrade your iCloud storage? What is your upload speed like? It may take a very long time for 40GB to get uploaded.

I upgraded to the 200gb plan about two weeks ago. I had icloud for imessage enabled before the upgrade when I only had the 5gb plan.

While on the topic, what’s the current meta on creating imessage exports, either into a pdf or some other similarly accessible format?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
anyone on the ios 17 beta RC? Stable enough for daily use?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
My iphone 13 mini battery is poo poo. Battery life is at 87% and it’s dead by midday when I use it normally. Looking to get an OEM spec replacement. Do I need to go to apple for that? Any places in NYC that can do a good job for cheaper?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
ubreakifix wants $20 over apple, so i’ll just bite the bullet and make a drat appointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
on an iphone 13 mini, the double click lock button for apple wallet no longer seems to work since the update. anyone know what’s up with this?