Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Quackles posted:

In a row?

Yep. This was added in the last major iOS update I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Okay so I’m almost to my two year AppleCare+ period. Should I extend it indefinitely by making it a monthly AppleCare+? I’d like to try and maximize the years I get out of this phone and the battery replacement itself may be a return on investment.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

What iOS 17 feature is everyone most interested in? For me, it’s the new journal / mental health aspect.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

The bed is for three things:
Sleeping
Group physical exercise
Enjoying your iPhone caseless

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

The Dave posted:

Also dropping your phone on your face

True.
*smiles with chipped teeth and blacked eyes*

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

iPhone two year AppleCare+ is ending soon. Has anyone else opted over to month-to-month AC+ to keep the coverage? I figure if I keep this phone for at least a few more years I’ll use it for battery replacement and can worry less if I drop it and it needs replaced. My phone is my daily user and central tool for a lot of tasks, so having the next day shipment of a replacement option is also nice.

Thoughts?

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

OldSenileGuy posted:

What can I do to make the battery wear faster? Battery health on my 13 Pro is at 85%, and I'd love to get a free replacement under AppleCare before it expires on October 1. I think it needs to be at 80% before they'll do a replacement? But even if I can get it down to 82/83 I feel like my chances are good.

EDIT: Actually - I'm definitely going to be getting a screen replacement before AppleCare is up (I live that case-less life and my screen has a ton of micro scratches and one real scratch that can catch a fingernail on it). If I go in for a screen replacement AND a battery replacement at once - are they going to do both to my phone? Or are they just going to give me a new (refurb) phone?

I am also curious about the battery question.

For micro scratches, do they honor a screen replacement? I thought it needed to be cracked? Or, do you plan to “become” really clumsy? Lol

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Corb3t posted:

This guide goes deeper into making Apple Music recommendations better more quickly as well.

I found this really helpful and insightful. Thanks.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

GhostOfTomNook posted:

iPhone 15 Pro is a completely unnecessary upgrade from my 13 Pro, but holy christ what a nice phone to hold.

The dynamic island is a definite quality of life improvement, but I’m not sure about the always-on screen.

I am very pleasantly surprised by how much nicer it is to hold as well. I’m going bare with this one and embracing it as a tool I enjoy and have peace of mind with AppleCare+.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

For you case optional folks - screen down, or camera bump down?

I always go camera bump down because it’s stronger material and I prefer no scratches to my screen. I figure if the camera ever did get messed with, it’s more likely AC+ would replace it than a cosmetic scratch to screen.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Technically yes, but no more than twice in 12 months.

Recent AppleCare updates changes it from two incidents a year to unlimited.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

SaturdayKnight posted:

So with Artifact finally dead, what’s a good news app? News.app is atrocious with how much it’s “here’s what we think you should read” and no matter how much I try to tune it, it just ends up becoming a somehow more cumbersome RSS reader with ads. I have an RSS reader app but I really liked that Artifact would occasionally pop up something that was interesting but also outside my typically read articles and RSS really can’t do that.

I’ve tried out a handful of other news apps and most of them are just dire clickbait nonsense slightly above downloading a tabloid directly to my phone.

Wouldn’t be a huge loss if I just read less news but is there anything decent out there I should try out?

In beta, wait list. But you can sign up and read it on the web site in a limited, “top news” fashion.

https://www.particlenews.ai

Also,

https://www.newsminimalist.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

SaturdayKnight posted:

Checked these out, particle looks pretty promising, and news minimalist seems like a good thing for me to use right now.

Thanks, these will do nicely.

Yay! Glad it was a good fit.