Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Just get the Apple leather case. It’s super nice and what I’ve used almost exclusively for going on a decade now.

The leather cases for the 12 and 13 mini was and has been garbage unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rally posted:

Is there any word on fixing the 14 pro camera? Still can’t focus in any third party apps at all.

16.0.2 came out last week

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Combat Pretzel posted:

What is it with US providers making up their own names for these standards?

It’s how they get a new round of subsidies from the government

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How many cars do you own?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Have you met train people before? They’re pretty nutso.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g0C7Lz-qG0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh hey homepod is not dead

https://youtu.be/oMf_i1YBuMk

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Im an idiot with money so all my lights and fans are smart controlled and it’s nice for that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The 13 mini, even on iOS16, is objectively The Perfect Phone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can we stop with this poo poo

https://twitter.com/ianzelbo/status/1626348972800372736?s=46&t=yYfs0fDgMBX1E8fSSvKGQQ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Hey an iphone related observation. Just got an iPhone 13 from work, with a 5G subscription.
They upgraded the equipment on the telecom tower 100 meters from my house a couple of months ago, so I figured I might have pretty good speeds in my kitchen. Did a speed test.
Result:

Wifi enabled, with 300 Mbps broadband subscription: 250-300 Mbps. Not bad.
Wifi disabled: 760 Mbps.

:drat:

Now, the only question is, what the hell does one use 700 Mbps for, on a phone?

High quality forums posting

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

iPhones support up to 8 eSIM profiles on the phone (2 active at time)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I noticed it a few days ago of the beta and still on the release candidate that came out yesterday but can anyone else on iOS17 check: is message history search completely utterly borked? It’s something I used frequently and now it doesn’t work at all. It’s not the end of the world since it’s getting me to copy what I searched (mostly recipes I’ve been too lazy to move to Paprika) but it’s wild just how bad it is now. The results aren’t even consistent.

EDIT: huh turns out only my iphone is having this issue. my iPad (also on iOS 17 already) still has functioning search on Messages.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 13, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh drat Best Buy doesnt carry T-Mobile phones anymore? That’s a drat shame their trade in offers were usually better than Apple.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol $650 trade in for a mint condition 14 pro max at T-Mobile? Mehhhhh

Their trade in offers if you're not on a Go5G plan or whatever the other one is are all pretty bad but still slightly better than Apples

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Taima posted:

It's almost like they want to discourage the gross consumer excess of getting a new phone every 12 months.

the trade in value of 2 year old phones are even worse! What they're really discouraging is people on old plans not jumping on the new(ew) more expensive plans

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TACD posted:

Is the new shopping-specific list type busted for everyone? I’m adding random common shopping items (eggs, milk, pasta, etc) and it’s all just going under “Others”. Apparently it’s supposed to auto-categorise things?

Didn’t know this was a thing. I switched my grocery list from standard to groceries and it did automatically sort things. Are you using an iCloud reminders list? Might not work if it’s on a google or Microsoft account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hatty posted:

The last good phone was the 4S

Finally, a good and correct post.