Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like the thinnest Spigen Liquid Crystal, which is the thinnest case that makes the camera bump go away so the phone doesn't slide around on surfaces like a bar of soap. I use it on an iPhone Excess but presumably they make one for the 14 also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Is there a way to unreport a text message as spam. I just accidentally did it and didn’t mean to.

Don't worry, it is fine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
How long before the camera bump is big enough that it actually makes the phone lie at a comfortable angle for reading when you set it down on a table?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

When I search for “bird” in photos I get some pictures of things that aren’t birds. Is there a way to help train the ai by telling it there are no birds in the picture?

You have to wait for enough people to try to log in to apple websites.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Apple are screwing us again.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you switch to Spotify does it remember next time?

Playing U2 by default is very Apple :lol:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I fuckin love that it never occurred to Steve Jobs that not all of his customers were U2 fans.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is there any way to make it not ask me if I want to report junk every single time I delete a text message?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Move somewhere reasonable and actual temperature will always be the same as feels like.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Has anyone checked if the color of the sky changes when AQI gets bad?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
loving Apple can't get anything right.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Counting days to ios 17 when apple opens up the lock screen widget options to not be a single small chunk under the time.

Look there is only so much that technology can be advanced in a year, we have to have reasonable expectation.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nuts and Gum posted:

I can’t believe how nice an always on screen is for glancing at the time and notifications. I’m sort of angry apple held out so long on this. Was there a legit reason, or just the usual funneling of features via a blood drip to satisfy quarterly demands?

Technology can only advance so fast.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I haven’t had that behavior. Way more likely to be flakiness from your head unit IMO.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think it is great fun to see my youtube front page evolve in response to some random nonsense I clicked on for five seconds earlier this week.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've accidentally reported a few TFA texts also but haven't stopped getting them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Quackles posted:

Can anyone recommend some thin rubber feet that can fit on the back of my iPhone and keep it in place when it's lying flat on a table?

(Note: I'm not looking for a phone case - I like how slim the phone is. But its camera bump means it doesn't rest flat on a table, and, well...)

:lol: You’re setting it down wrong.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You rest the top edge on an elevated surface.

vvv That's a good answer right there.

withak fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 29, 2022

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Could just have an assortment of adapters permanently tethered to the phone.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Take a screenshot of the text and set it as your lock screen wallpaper.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There is also a chrome plugin that will give a pop up window with the actual recipe when you go to a long reciblog page.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Found it: Chrome Recipe Filter

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sign into google photos or Dropbox on her phone using your account and let it back up all of her photos.

Sorry about your mom.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's a mechanical switch, there kind of has to be a "click" involved.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:lol: at communicating by talking into your phone like some kind of cave man.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Settings -> Cellular then scroll down a bit. It will show you how much data you have used since the last time you hit the "reset" button.

You can also dial *3282# and it will text you your current usage/remaining on your plan.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m on ATT and I just have the manual reset button, nothing about the billing period.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Tap the button with the rectangles in the lower left corner to get windows. The windows are not configurable. Apple decides for you what you will want to look at on your screen. Possibly you may be able to configure it in the future if the technology advances enough.

withak fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 22, 2023

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
How far did you get towards 12341 n home before you figured it out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Google Photos or Dropbox

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The technology just hasn't advanced enough yet. Maybe after a few more years of R&D.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

You can turn off the always on screen thing right?

That would be a lovely Always On screen wouldn’t it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ow my finger.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
More metadata details basically.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Maybe clean the lint and cheeto crumbs out of your pockets every once in a while.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
What about cheeto crumbs.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You have to make a particular effort to continue to message with someone after you get one of those random “sent as test message” green bubbles. Yuck.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
But their reply might come in green again.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

Y'all are pretty broke brained if you honestly care about green vs. blue crap. You aren't teenagers.

Those posts were all very real and very serious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The trick to making Apple Maps work right is to live somewhere with Apple employees around.