Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

My Spigen for the 14 should be here tonight, I haven't got the handset yet but I can check that it's OK quality at least. I've had them before and been fine, and found it much better than the $40 otterbox than essentially broke down, got replaced, and did the exact same thing. Mixing material types did not work well for that model.

My wife and I ordered cases that said they were MagSafe compatible and we got them and they don’t have magnets so back they go. Hard to use these when the charging pads you have are the raised kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Apple sent my 14 to an address from 6 years ago. This happened with my 11, 12, and 13. It has been “changed” every single time. In the store app and my Apple account the address is correct. :suicide:

Apple sent my iPhone to the correct address but my AirPods had the incorrect address to begin with. I don’t have my old home address saved anywhere anymore but they did he same to me.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

How do I get my phone to stop nagging me with this message?

Wait till they update iOS next week.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/19/apple-to-fix-ios-16-copy-paste-issue-next-week/

god this blows fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 22, 2022

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Leave it to apple to make me look a fool

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

1 password is the truth , can’t recommend it enough.

And today they post an article about how bad the last pass method of encryption was. https://blog.1password.com/not-in-a-million-years/

I’m dreading when they’re inevitably hacked and retract all statements they previously made.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

some kinda jackal posted:

So I have CarPlay enabled on my 2017 GLA45, and if I look at my phone it shows the "use carplay when locked" slider enabled, but somehow when I plug the phone into my car in a locked state the MB still shows "no carplay device connected" until I unlock the phone. Anyone experience something like this? Going to try to re-pair my phone with the car next time I'm in it, but just felt odd since it seems like that's exactly what the slider should enable.

e: Latest iOS on 14 Pro.

I have the same problem with my Ford Sync and CarPlay requiring it to be unlocked even though I too have the setting enabled.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can confirm. I haven't paid for Paramount+ for close to a year because of this bug.

Does it work on the no ad version too?

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

My dad lost the ability to talk about 15 years ago, and it’s super sad not to be able to hear his voice. My wife also passed away and despite having hundreds of photos of us, I realized I only had a couple of videos where you can hear her talk. I’ll probably go through setting this up as a future measure more than anything.

I completely get you there. My stepdaughter passed away almost 2 years ago and I miss hearing her voice. She was pretty good about recording herself. It would’ve been nice to have something already set up to hear her say certain things to us.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

I’m at 93% of a launch day 14 Pro Max and while it gets me through the day it’s definitely needing a boost if I’m going to be away from a charger.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

Apple Maps won’t load the route I take to work when I turn highways off but Google Maps will so that’s basically all there is to it

I’ve found that the Apple Maps team is very responsive if you contact them.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do they actually verify student status now? Last time I bought a MacBook from the froot stand it was basically "click here if you're a student/educator" and that was that. Don't think I even needed a edu email address.

I just purchased a MacBook in the store and my wife is a teacher but they didn't ask for anything to get the education discount. Might have been the person I had but he said they don't check anything in the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Dogen posted:

I have 1Blocker and really like it but am also having some of the same issues the requester was mentioning. Perhaps it’s a config issue?

I have the issue with these ads too and I asked in their Reddit and they are aware of the issue but say it’s harder to solve.

https://www.reddit.com/r/1Blocker/s/HPgCnjvrA6