Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The KWMOBILE cases have been solid loving gold for me for 2 generations now. Some of the best cases out there. It's a silicone case with microfabric inside. Very low profile and they keep your phones MINT. Comes in tons of colours too.

Also TECHARMOR Ballistic Glass for the front protection - the glass is rounded off so its smooth as gently caress. They include a plastic frame now too so you just drop it in and fits like a goddamn glove.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think the PC is just to give it a bit more sturdiness. I've dropped this many times and it's fine. Can take a beating. And they are cheap to replace if it gets bad. A long time ago I bought a white Apple one and it went to poo poo in the same amount of time (the silicone does start coming off) and thankfully found these instead of dropping more cash.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You can just turn it off but it’s a good feature for those of us who phones on our desks or elsewhere.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Grumbles posted:

Pop sockets are for degenerates. Someone in this thread needs to say it

Ok old man. lol

Literally an entire generation of zoomers and millennials use ‘em. But now you’ll go, “you proved my point!!!” :cheeky:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ratts debut album is loving all killer. Solid start to finish.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like I am not alone in thinking the weather app is loving busted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/xqsztf/has_anyone_else_noticed_that_on_ios_16_the/

Yesterday it was snowing like crazy on the way home and it just said cloudy. What is this poo poo?? I like to plan things around stuff like that. Or at least know.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Canada

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Let's ask our god:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

poo poo happens. It's not a plague.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just bought one of these last week and it's been really good. The magnet is really strong and works with my Otterbox case I got at Apple (https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/HQ5C2ZM/A/otterbox-figura-series-case-with-magsafe-for-iphone-14-pro-max-black).

Loving the ios17 nightstand mode - hope more apps get added to it.
https://www.amazon.ca/ESR-HaloLock-Kickstand-Magsafe-Compatible-Removable/dp/B08YYMCK26/

Only downside is that it doesn't come with a wall charger for USB-C so I had to get one as my only ones are the one that came with my Apple Watch. Walmart had a dual plug for $39 CAD which seemed a bit excessive but it is what it is and I didnt want to order one from Amazon and wait.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's rock solid. The only negative is that the magnet is maybe TOO strong? I have to put effort in taking it off if I am laying down.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love Airalo but the ONE issue I have with it is that my iMessage breaks 9 times outta 10. I have no idea how to keep it working.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Disappointing Pie posted:

Do any of you guys rock screen protectors any more? My job can get decently physical and while I haven't used a screen protector in quite some time, I've noticed my last two phones (most recent 12 Pro Max) has hundreds of microscratches all over the screen.

I never leave a phone without it. I've been using the TechArmor ones for years now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My brother got the new 15 Pro but his old cable wasn't connecting to his car stereo carplay so he's hoping a new cable helps. Seeing a lot of people with this issue. :(

Hopefully just a patch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

“You’re charging it wrong”

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Baggy jeans are back in fashion now too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My brothers 15 Pro just up and died on him in the middle of the night. :3: Rogers told him to gently caress himself and wait for a new one to come in a week. Somethin about the main board but I wasn't with him.

Also noticed my 14 Pro battery is going to poo poo just after a year - 92% and seems to wittle down with very basic usage. Usually about 50% by end of the work day and that's just sitting in my pocket, some texting and social media browsing. I did notice that my iMessage settings was changed back to holding EVERYTHING when I specifically set it to 30 days for space and loading issues. Maybe that was the cause... doubt it though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

some kinda jackal posted:

I got in my car today and for some reason my CarPlay was flipped backwards. I mean not like the screen contents were mirrored, but the navbar was on the right, all the elements which are traditionally on the right were on the left, etc.

I pulled into a parking lot and pulled up my phone to see if this was some iOS update change but I didn't see anything in CarPlay settings about display ... direction? Was fairly annoyed for the remainder of my drive and promptly forgot about it.

Then got in my car to ride home an hour later and it was back to normal.

Anyone else have this experience? :raise:

I've seen this happen twice in my new 24 Forester when it seems to crash/bug out loading. The buttons won't even work. I can't remember if removing the cord or turning the car off resets it though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's weird because my previous car, 2013 Dodge Dart GT with a resistive screen had insane speeds - even better than my wifes new Jeep Compass from 2020. Hers is so drat bad. I now have a 2024 Subaru Forester Sport and its pretty quick. Not sure what voodoo I had in that card - some type of ssd/m2 whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

~Coxy posted:

The 14 seemed to lose almost 10% of "health" after a year of use, so I'm skeptical.

Or, even if it might be true that "health" is a measure of measure watt-hours versus nominal, it certainly doesn't seem that 90% health ~= 0.9× screen-on-hours and 80% ~= 0.8×.

Yeah, my 14 Pro is down to 89% now.

I get to about 38% by bedtime at 11 with moderate use throughout the day.

Have to take it in to a private repair shop as the charger is flakey. I normally wouldn't care but I need CarPlay. Apple was gonna charge $800+ CAD as they have to replace the whole board apparently. It's $125 at the shop just for the charger. It's weird though because at my friends it was charging perfectly and only not recognizing the cable a few times. But before it just stopped working in the car with 2 cables and at work a coworkers cable didnt work on mine but worked on their phones.

Stupid phones.