Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol $650 trade in for a mint condition 14 pro max at T-Mobile? Mehhhhh

Looks like they would give you the same amount for the XS, 11, or 11 Pro, so you might consider trading in an older phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Saeka posted:

New iGoon here, (coming from Android).

Any resource that's relatively new for must have apps? The iOS thread appears to be from 2014

You might try asking in the iOS apps thread from 2014! People are still replying to it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Gatekeeping any part of expanded-capacity 5G is incredibly stupid and short-sighted so it comes as no surprise that multiple carriers are doing it. I don't believe T-Mobile is, but it sounds like they might be restricting some MVNOs from using their "5G UC" branding (though they still have that coverage).

At least some MVNOs have access to Verizon's 5G UW so it's extra strange that they wouldn't offer it to some of their own customers.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

This is extremely YMMV, but I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't answer any incoming calls, then it won't count as a travel pass day.

If so, you might want to also turn off the feature where Apple answers the call instead of your voicemail (transcription).

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Any advice I can give to my sister that's deciding between an iPhone 13 and 14? Camera quality is important. She'd rather spend less, of course.

If she's in the US, the 13 still has physical SIM slots which she might care about.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

In general I've found it sucks for anything that's not a phone or a tag. I'll get alerts i left my laptop or tablet behind when it's in my bag. I'm pretty sure i saw an alert pop up on the iPad that I left it behind while I was using it.

That strikes me as a reasonable policy, barring issues where the location stuff on one (or more) of the devices isn't working correctly. If you leave your device behind and someone picks it up and starts using it (even/especially if they've entered a passcode they got by, say, shoulder surfing), you'd still want to know that it was left behind.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

dreesemonkey posted:

This is a dumb problem.

I received a new credit card, as my old one was about to expire. The account # is the same, just different expiration and CVV code. This is the sole credit card I have linked to my wallet/apple pay.

I cannot remove the card because I have an active subscription. I cannot enter the NEW card details because it says I already have that card added to my wallet, despite the expiration and CVV being different.

Apple Pay is kind of dumb. My other issue is that you can't (or couldn't at the time) select a payment method for a subscription type. I can't have a business credit card paying for business expenses while apple TV subscription is paid by a personal credit card. This is baffling.

It should automatically update. Are you certain it hasn't?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

dreesemonkey posted:

It wasn't the apple credit card, it was a Chase card. I got an e-mail from Apple saying there is a problem with my payment, despite it expiring in 2/24.

That still should have automatically updated.

Have you already activated the new card? Did you check if you tripped a fraud alert?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

withak posted:

Have you considered trying out autofill?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Let that thing dry out more before trying to use it. Use rice or whatever if you want to hurry it up.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

What about "one and a quarter hours"?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

bolind posted:

I know you can prevent specific apps from using mobile data, but is the opposite possible? I have an app that controls my home alarm system that always freaks out on my home WiFi, but never on 5G.

(Which is super dumb because when do you turn your alarm on or off? Right outside your door, well in range of WiFi.)

Do you need to enable NAT reflection/hairpin NAT on your router?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

wooger posted:

Does everyone else have the iOS Safari issue of forum pages with too many embedded images /gifs / webms crashing Safari repeatedly.

Any workaround or alternate browser that isnmt affected?
Is it the same on iPad Safari still too, or is the additional ram enough?

Which pages/threads are crashing? Which iphone do you have, and what iOS version is it running?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Send them a reply that says: STOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

What power bank is it?