Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

MarcusSA posted:

NGL I’ve stopped using my AirPod pros in favor of these

The ANC isn’t quite as good and no transparency mode but they stay in so drat much better it’s not even funny.

That being said I paid $100 for them and that’s about what I think they are worth. $200 is a bit much.

The case isn’t very large either.

These have transparency mode, just hold the button down until it activates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
How does the iPhone to iPhone direct transfer work? It'll be my first time to use it, I have a lot of downloaded podcasts and videos and poo poo that aren't backed up to iCloud but I would want to bring with me, would those automatically transfer over to the point where the phone will be 100% identical when I start to use it?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I wonder if there’s any reason why Apple decided against just using vegan leather?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Pirate Jet posted:

Alright what ad blocker is everyone using these days, I just saw 1Blocker is asking me to sign up for a subscription even though I bought the app and they can go gently caress themselves

You mean you bought the old one from like 7 years ago? If you still have it installed then it should notice and auto-upgrade you to a limited lifetime version, or you can just buy the new lifetime license at a great discount.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Are you using a case? Because of the camera bump, a lot of cases just keep the height for the whole back the same as the bump and there's a bit of space for the rest of the non-camera phone, which can be enough to disrupt the wireless charging.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Duckman2008 posted:

It’s that time of year (Black Friday) when there sometimes are discounts on iTunes gift cards, although I think I’ve been seeing them less and less.

Anyone know of any discounts next week for iTunes gift cards?

Ever since they became general Apple gift cards and can be used on hardware purchases there have not been any discounts on the cards themselves anymore. The best you can get is getting an extra gift card for the store you bought it from.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Duckman2008 posted:

I use it in spurts, but Fitness+ is great.

Apple One is getting dumb expensive, but it gives Cloud storage and Apple Music to myself, my wife, my mom and my wife’s parents. For that alone it works out.

Reminder that you can find iTunes gift card promos (not as much since it’s post holidays) and $10 off a $100 gift card is 10% off Apple one. I stocked up so it’s covered for a bit.

Where have you seen Apple gift card promos that discount the card itself? I have seen deals where you get a gift card of that amount to that store when you buy an Apple card, but you can't use the store gift card to buy other gift cards so it's of no value if you don't want to do any additional shopping at the store. Ever since the apple gift cards could be used for hardware purchases, I have never seen the cards themselves be discounted.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Is it just me or does the Youtube app not hide the bottom bar when viewing videos at full-screen? It's very annoying and I could have sworn it used to hide it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Jose Oquendo posted:

Outside the US they do in some places.

As I mentioned, they tried it very briefly here, but it lasted just a couple of days because it didn't work. I forget who they were using for verification but it was broken. I work in higher ed (but not a student) and tried to do the whole verification thing and it did not work at all. I imagine that was the case for most users who weren't students.

Yeah, they switched to Unidays for Japan recently and it has been a disaster. The process is only in English, does not have a proper list of Japanese universities, and flat out does not work for staff. People who contact them say that the emails are clearly machine translated and they're incredibly annoying with demanding proof. They haven't walked back on it yet though, so who knows, maybe people in other countries just don't complain as much as the US.