Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

According to people testing with the iOS 16.1 beta, the iPhone 11, 12 mini, and 13 mini will get their numeric battery percentage back in the status bar when 16.1 finishes testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

fourwood posted:

It’s pretty amazing how Apple squeezes this level of innovation into even minor point releases.

The uproar from 11, 12/13 mini owners was something fierce I bet

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I move my photos / videos and poo poo with iMazing over WiFi, easy as pie

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

"so was climbing the Capital wall fun, or what?"

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Mac is loving us again

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

So I'm using the Astronomy Lock Screen and I realize something..

Where the gently caress is Pluto??!!

Here we go again with the planetcism

drat you Tim Apple!!! :argh:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Now my TimPhone is telling me I need to input my passcode if I want to keep using iCloud. I get why, but this is getting a little too intrusive..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Apple weather says it's clear, but I look up in the sky and there's a layer of overcast and not a single star is visible.

I'd bitch like hell if only I knew who to bitch at 😟

Oh wait did Report An Issue but all it lets you do is report actual conditions vs what Weather thinks it is

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 28, 2022

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Yeah well I'm looking at a satellite map and it clearly shows a cloud front over the entire area I live, maybe it'd be clear a few hundred miles to the south

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

https://www.withings.com/us/en/u-scan

The thing you didn't know you needed announced at CES: Piss testing on your iPhone

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

:siren: iOS 16.4 has dropped :siren:

Apple posted:

This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

- 21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available in emoji keyboard

- Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen

- Voice Isolation for cellular calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you

- Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library

- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app

- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected

- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent's device

- Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home

- Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

:siren: iOS 16.4.1 has been released :siren:

Apple posted:

This update provides important bug fixes and security updates for your iPhone including:

- Pushing hands emoji does not show skin tone variations
- Siri does not respond in some cases

This version also patches some vulnerabilities that were already known to have been exploited out in the wild..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Every Mac user should buy iMazing, I was trying to clear space on my iPhone and for some reason search turned up apps that didn't exist on the app screen, so I couldn't remove them!

IMazing has a manage apps feature and I found like five apps that were taking up space but weren't even on the apps screen, I was able to see how much room they were taking and by removing them I got like 7 GB more free space, needed because iOS 17 wound up taking about 25 GB more than iOS 16 did..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Just updated to 17.1 final on my TimPhone

Build is 21B74

Nothin' blew up yet, looks good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

roofus619 posted: