Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
My wife and I share a Google calendar with family events on it. We just discovered that when I (with an Android phone) add an event with a notification, when it syncs to the Calendar iOS app, it comes through with no alert set. Is there anything we can do to fix that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Boris Galerkin posted:

Settings > Calendar?

That'll apply to events that I create that get synced to her phone? What if we don't always want the alert the same amount of time before?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Boris Galerkin posted:

I'm actually not sure to be honest. I leave my default set to no alarm as shown and selectively turn on alarms for events that I actually need a reminder for. Was just a suggestion to try it. I don't use GSuite services.

Sure, a default's better than nothing.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there any way to estimate how much longer Apple will continue to provide security updates for an iPhone 8?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Alright thanks. I was trying to decide if a replacement battery is worth it, especially since I'd be paying someone to do it since it sounds fiddlier than other battery replacements I've done.