Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

After a lifetime of Android phones, I'm picking up my first iPhone this weekend with a 14 Pro Max.

How are those official iPhone leather cases?

i've always liked them and they have done a good job of protecting my phones lo these many years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

maybe they stopped making the mini because the camera bump would have looked loving stupid

Weedle
May 31, 2006

new lock screen is good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

~Coxy posted:

dude your wife is hot

that is a photograph of british art pop singer-songwriter kate bush, who is very hot but not as hot as my wife

Weedle
May 31, 2006

for many years the "artists" icon in the stock music app was a picture of bono. steve just loved that motherfucker. i guess we should be grateful that he wasn't a mega-fan of like. ratt

Weedle
May 31, 2006

they also did a special edition harry potter ipod that recently got a software update that kills the user if they listen to music by trans artists

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Xabi posted:

I’m this close to reporting this rude and very wrong post.

the problem is that he's been dead for long enough that any uncool band he could have liked is now ironically cool

Weedle
May 31, 2006

enough people got insanely mad about the u2 album that they made a web page to delete it from your library. that page is gone now so i guess if you still have the album you're hosed. has anyone actually listened to it?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dreesemonkey posted:

I'm considering getting an iPhone for the first time to give it a go. The biggest thing stopping me from switching is that I cannot text from my computer because iMessages seems to only have a mac client, and I'm too heavily invested in the windows world to switch. I'm in front of a computer a lot of the day and I love being able to use google messages and whatsapp on my browser instead of having to pick up my phone all the time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dreesemonkey posted:

I'm not sure what this is implying. A keyboard for the phone? A stand where I don't have to pick the phone up?

it's a keyboard with a built-in phone stand and output switcher. that one is the logitech k780 but there are others. sticking your phone in your keyboard stand and pressing a hotkey to send keyboard input to it might seem like kind of a crappy way to approximate imessage on your pc, but all the other ways are even crappier if you can believe that

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i would pay $20 a month for a streaming music service where the apps were good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

rdio was so loving good. rip.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

I think my phone is predicting my death. Got a reminder today that just said “the red the red the red the red” and then a “Set up a legacy reminder” tip.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it was a cool idea but unfortunately required state and local governments to give a gently caress at all, which they mostly did not do

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it would be really funny if they made it so every station no matter the seed played tracks from “songs of innocence” every so often

Weedle
May 31, 2006

face id is good. i didn’t realize how much i liked it until work gave me an iphone 7. i always wish it had face id

Weedle
May 31, 2006

four digits. i’m a busy woman

Weedle
May 31, 2006

two-a dollars and-a five-a cents 🤌

Weedle
May 31, 2006

regular and telephoto would be a lot more useful but they gotta get people to buy the pro somehow

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it would be cool if you could register to vote from your iphone but it seems like the vibe these days is allowing as few people to vote as possible

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

my titanium wedding ribs.

drat how lit was the reception

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'm also a full album type of gal but otoh it's very nice to be able to skip all the skits and filler songs on 90s rap albums where they had to fill the whole drat cd up for some reason

Weedle
May 31, 2006

no complaints here, this thing is a beast

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Buff Hardback posted:

HEIC is totally viewable on Windows.

(you need the hevc codec pack that's either included with OEM PCs or the 99 cent one from the store)

Sorry for your loss.

you can do it for free with this https://www.copytrans.net/copytransheic/

Weedle
May 31, 2006

looking forward to meta pulling instagram from the app store and requiring you to sideload their special version with extra tracking that apple won't let them do

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mr. Fix It posted:

i want to be able to do album shuffle like i always did with foobar2000

try https://apps.apple.com/us/app/smart-shuffle/id342320176 or https://apps.apple.com/us/app/marvis-pro/id1447768809. marvis is really good, it's a fully customizable "power user" interface for apple music that exposes a lot of functionality the stock app doesn't have

Weedle
May 31, 2006

swinging my iphone around in the foot of my programming sock to repel attackers

Weedle
May 31, 2006

my tweetbot is also busted and can’t seem to pull api tokens from twitter. musked again!!!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

smackfu posted:

If you have monthly AppleCare+, does it show up somewhere in Settings? We can’t find it on my wife’s phone, but she also got it replaced once already so maybe that screwed it up. I just want to change the credit card.

it appears for me in General > About

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i dunno how you could read this patrick bateman rear end poo poo as anything other than pure adspeak

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Minidust posted:

my 11 Pro's battery life is dreadful these days... I actually used to leave my battery-charging stand unplugged at work because the phone didn't need it. Not anymore!

I was looking at the leather cases for new phones, and I see they aren't open on the bottom anymore?? How much of a lip is there? I guess this is because they switched back to more defined edges on the phone after the 11... but I've gotten really used to smooth flicking "Home" gesture with the 11-era open case design, seems like it'd be a shame to lose that.

the lip doesn't interfere with that gesture. i used apple cases on my 12 mini and 14 plus and it was fine

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

So they can charge another ten bucks a month

it doesn’t cost extra

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Look guys, my wife just wants something nice and thick and I can’t give it to her.

does she like trans girls

Weedle
May 31, 2006

apple music for windows seems nice but batch editing metadata doesn't work in the preview so it's back to itunes for me. hope they fix it soon because it is way more performant

Weedle
May 31, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hadn’t clicked on the on screen thumbnail after taking a screenshot in a while, so this ‘full page’ thing is new to me and seems neat. Is there anyway to get it so it actually saves the whole page though? It seems to default to what’s highlighted on the right which can’t be adjusted for length, which kinda defeats the purpose. Looks like maybe saving as a PDF would do it, but I’m more likely to want just a straight image.

i just save to pdf and then use pdf2png.com to convert it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i just use the yellow ones because of my white guilt

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

is the Adblock app worth it? doesn’t look like it’s been updated in a while. I’ll switch to the brave browser if I have to I guess. it’s loving nuts that the top result in the app store is always an ad! separate issue I know.

1blocker is the good one

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

forty dollars to block loving ads?! you literally can’t even scroll on wikia and recipe sites. I might go back to android this is insane. ok the brave browser seems fine actually

you can block ads with the free version. did you look at the app at all

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i’m weedle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

a cr2016 has like 1/3 the capacity of a 2032, that thing would be e-waste in like three months