Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

E: after a few pages we should have a mod move the thread to pyf and let spr go hog wild with her buttons at all the freaks that show up

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 02:56 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

this should be a demilitarized thread so the people that enjoyed posting in the PYF one can join in and share their favorite tankies or... other stuff.

That one got gassed, didn't it? Just checking because if not I'm going to gas it right now

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

E: after a few pages we should have a mod move the thread to pyf and let spr go hog wild with her buttons at all the freaks that show up

:hai:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lib and let die posted:

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

some plague rats posted:

That one got gassed, didn't it? Just checking because if not I'm going to gas it right now

nope. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788502

imo it should be goldmined

no you right gasmined

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

nope. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788502

imo it should be goldmined

no you right gasmined

Oh right it got locked in January

Ah well better late than never

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

loquacius posted:

gonna outsource thread content to my best friend and ideological role model Rick Wilson

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1570066347794599938

if u hate glenn yr a rick wilson stan

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

mark immune posted:

if u hate glenn yr a rick wilson stan

calling chomsky and glenn greenwald tankies hurts my brain aot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lib and let die posted:

motion seconded

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5PBrFXNQQA

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

drawing another pharaohman777 out from the GBS/D&D woodwork would be extremely funny

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hey… wait a minute

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

some plague rats posted:

Saw it in the queue lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Saw it in the queue lol

it got approved which is even better, good job admins

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

some plague rats posted:

it got approved which is even better, good job admins

I won't embarrass you nore but i think everything you've put in has been approved, which is a pretty clear signal that you've been nailing the ik stuff. admins are pretty reasonable about trusting good people to make good calls

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tingting asmr

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I won't embarrass you nore but i think everything you've put in has been approved, which is a pretty clear signal that you've been nailing the ik stuff. admins are pretty reasonable about trusting good people to make good calls

The only thing I can think of that got rejected so far is when I tried to give plat to t a s t e. Some you lose

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

paul_soccer12 posted:

he's yellow, but he could be yellower

hes supporting ukraine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

some plague rats posted:

The only thing I can think of that got rejected so far is when I tried to give plat to t a s t e. Some you lose

wtf t a s t e is cool. the rare good Bills fan, one of like five posters whose name I recognize without an av

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

some plague rats posted:

rofl

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

phil greaves got banned from twitter but he's still my favorite moonbat tankie, beyond calling all popular media fascist he also started to deny germ theory in favor of lysenkoism

it's important to note that Lysenkoism was conceptualized as a counterweight to eugenics and [social] Darwinism, in effect attempting to form a theory of hereditary traits around materialism

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i've never actually read anything by lysenko or lamarck or any sources that try to present their actual scientific arguments so i'm not sure just how hosed up their positions were compared to modern understandings of epigenetics. i'm guessing lysenko both went way too hard on it being The Thing rather than a thing although I don't know how much of that was scientifically illiterate people hyping and loving it all up. was it actually that impactful on agricultural harships compared to the broader fuckups of collectivization etc? considering the soviet union didn't have a real crushing famine after 1933 it seem like it was only really punishing for rival academics.

again, i haven't actually bothered to read much on lysenko/lysenkoism beyond the basics but it seems like far less of a big deal than the many other politicized misuses of science or pseudoscience. like, uh, climate change.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
critical support for comrade lysenko's early theory of epigenetics. and lamarck was right

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im tankie

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

same

I decided to just own the term and tell people I'm a tankie

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

same

eh, youre tankish at best

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i love every tank i see, from tanki-a to tanki-e

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
I'm tank curious

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Lib and let die posted:

same

The amount of consternation you get when you tell the typical lib that yes I think we should use the state to punish my political enemies is always surprising

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Terminal autist posted:

The amount of consternation you get when you tell the typical lib that yes I think we should use the state to punish my political enemies is always surprising

its what the state is for

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

you better use the state to punish your political enemies or else they'll use it to punish you. dictatorship of the proletariat or the bourgeoisie? those are your choices nerd!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

anyway i hope to be driven over by a tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

anyway i hope to be driven over by a tank

under communism we'll each get one turn driving the tank over our politician enemies and we'll each get one turn being run over by someone tankier then we are