Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
this should be a demilitarized thread so the people that enjoyed posting in the PYF one can join in and share their favorite tankies or... other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

some plague rats posted:

That one got gassed, didn't it? Just checking because if not I'm going to gas it right now

nope. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788502

imo it should be goldmined

no you right gasmined

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

mark immune posted:

if u hate glenn yr a rick wilson stan

calling chomsky and glenn greenwald tankies hurts my brain aot

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i've never actually read anything by lysenko or lamarck or any sources that try to present their actual scientific arguments so i'm not sure just how hosed up their positions were compared to modern understandings of epigenetics. i'm guessing lysenko both went way too hard on it being The Thing rather than a thing although I don't know how much of that was scientifically illiterate people hyping and loving it all up. was it actually that impactful on agricultural harships compared to the broader fuckups of collectivization etc? considering the soviet union didn't have a real crushing famine after 1933 it seem like it was only really punishing for rival academics.

again, i haven't actually bothered to read much on lysenko/lysenkoism beyond the basics but it seems like far less of a big deal than the many other politicized misuses of science or pseudoscience. like, uh, climate change.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
critical support for comrade lysenko's early theory of epigenetics. and lamarck was right

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lmao

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lobster shirt posted:

i used to post in a livejournal community to argue about politics and the bush guys would always call teenage me a moonbat lol

a decade and a half later and now im a tankie :twisted:

we probably met on this battlefield before

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
counterstrike

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i know someone that bought the lifetime subscription package for that

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

500 good dogs posted:

lmao i did too, no joke

i dont even regret it, i just wish i could keep playing it

that's exactly what he always says...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
why they draw zhukov fascistly

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Red and Black posted:

I would like to nominate myself as "favorite tankie". I would appreciate all of your votes and support

uncritical support for my favorite tankie

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Gamers have two paths in life... to become jokerfied or to become a third world maoist. All other are trampled by the boot of history

Gamer maosist clearly has a jokerfied mao avatar. synthesis?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
give me tyranny or give me death

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
spidermans pointing and shouting revisionist

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
PKK started out calling itself a Marxist-Leninist party but it kinda got weird in the 80s/90s. At least from what I've 'heard' about them or 'heard Ocalan say. I haven't actually read anything written by him or the PKK, just second hand accounts but it sounds like Ocalan went to prison, read some Hannah Arendt and got his ideology all hosed up. IDK what that means in practice or how much Ocalan/central PKK stuff matters in any given situation though. He has written a book, The Political Thought of Abdullah Öcalan, which is on libgen if you want to read his writing (https://libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=75631A26FAAFBCCD9130B84D450B2081).

I'm guessing the CIA visited him in jail and injected frankfurt serum into his brain or something. I dunno. Going from ostensibly ML to Hannah Arendt is pretty wack but seems to happen often enough. Skimming his book is deja vu of every other leftcom syncretization of that poo poo

None of that stuff sounds like western style internet anarchist poo poo but it does sound familiar. Skimming Ocalan's book, it looks like pretty standard syncretized leftcom bullshit. It's pages and pages of this basically

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
also, for gently caress's sake, that's who the trueanon podcast guy is? jesus christ. loving podcasts

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
der kommissar dont like it
rock the casbah
rock the casbah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Nix Panicus posted: