Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I did monthly private AT lessons for 2 years and it was incredible. Permanently changed my relationship with my body, movement, and Being.

Feldenkrais is another "movement intervention" that focuses on proprioception and votive use of the body. I'd recommend AT over Feldenkrais, but with the right teacher it can also be game changing.

If you find that you have issues with tension or fatigue after practicing or performing, definitely consider looking for instructors in your area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

it's snap crackle pop when I wiggle them. I have fantasies of injecting castor oil into the knuckles.

fortunately joint crepitus in and of itself hasn't been established as a risk factor for arthritis or any other musculoskeletal illness, despite what chiropractors may claim. can definitely be annoying though

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

imaging is almost always done as a matter of liability to protect against malpractice claims, and I'm extremely skeptical of the profession as any more efficacious than other modes of conservative treatment. but I do recognize there are people that feel like their quality of life has been measurably improved after a course of treatment.

the most important thing is being aware of any attempts to foster codependency: treatment should have relatively clear results within a reasonable amount of time and then it should be a practitioner's goal to never have to see you again.

I don't believe they are capable of actually delivering effective preventive care either