Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Hey we're not accusing you of doing anything untoward with any donations but goons gave you money so we own you and you have to answer all our questions, by the way we don't think you've done anything wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

quote:

Like I don’t have an explanation for IP stuff, I don’t know what else I could possibly say? I’ve offered to prove to Jeffrey that despite the IP weirdness I was, in fact, in the hospital like I said I was.

have you attempted to prove that you were in the hospital during the times people are specifically concerned about?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fluffdaddy posted:

Look, it is a lot of money, and we aren't asking for you to give refunds nor are we accusing you of misappropriating the funds. All we said was hey this summer you mentioned a lot of hospital visits but the posts locations don't add up can you explain it. And yet you continue to dodge the question and are instead using a lot of words to paint us as the ones who have done something wrong. We are just asking for accountability, that is all.

OP has a partner who did a lot of positing on their behalf (OH NOES ACCOUNT SHARING) while OP was doped up in the hospital. There's your IP explanation.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I agree that we should cut off Sid Vicious balls

Oh wait you meant their cat

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Fluffdaddy posted:

Look, it is a lot of money, and we aren't asking for you to give refunds nor are we accusing you of misappropriating the funds. All we said was hey this summer you mentioned a lot of hospital visits but the posts locations don't add up can you explain it. And yet you continue to dodge the question and are instead using a lot of words to paint us as the ones who have done something wrong. We are just asking for accountability, that is all.

I am not dodging the question how many times do I have to say I simply do not have an explanation for IP weirdness especially because I do not understand how that poo poo works.

Ban me for account sharing I guess?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

OP has a partner who did a lot of positing on their behalf (OH NOES ACCOUNT SHARING) while OP was doped up in the hospital. There's your IP explanation.

not really

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sailor Video Games posted:

Hey we're not accusing you of doing anything untoward with any donations but goons gave you money so we own you and you have to answer all our questions, by the way we don't think you've done anything wrong.

ok now how long have you been friends with the op

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is like arguing that the dna isn't yours after being found it matches, especially if a person isn't technical enough to know what an ip address is

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Hollismason posted:

i did not :devil:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

lmao at everything (and the cat's balls)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

New Coke posted:

have you attempted to prove that you were in the hospital during the times people are specifically concerned about?

"you could very well have terminal cancer, but dig through your mountain of medical papers and post specific times you were in the hospital for the satisfaction of internet strangers "

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Move thread to QCS imo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Smugworth posted:

Move thread to QCS imo

we have qcs right here at home smugworth

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

50s girl groupon posted:

Like I don’t have an explanation for IP stuff, I don’t know what else I could possibly say? I’ve offered to prove to Jeffrey that despite the IP weirdness I was, in fact, in the hospital like I said I was. The issue is that nobody actually wants to listen, everyone has made up their minds and it hurts because I made so many wonderful friends during this extremely lovely time in my life and I don’t want them to be hurt.

The "IP stuff" is a pretty big deal, it's not some "weirdness" you can try to wave off. It shows that without question, posts were made from your SA account using your home ISP when you said you were in the hospital. If you were posting from your phone in the hospital, you would have your phone's IP address. If you were connected to the hospital LAN via wireless, you would have the hospital's IP address.

It's not "weird," it's like DNA. It's definitive.

So you're being asked to explain that, and you're saying you can't.

If there is an valid explanation that's escaping you, then it sucks that you can't remember it. Otherwise, this is not a good public look.

I totally agree with how bad the US healthcare system is. Health care is a right, not a benefit. Period.

Everyone should watch Michael Moore's Sicko (if you haven't already).

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol y'all just settle on this one in the discord

partner, please dictate my missive to the forum at 1200 hours in the first person

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hollismason posted:

i got a vasectomy 2 months after my daughter was born, the freezing didnt work and i felt them cut my vas deferens and im one of the 0.1% of vasectomy recipients who have a permanent dull ache in my testicles all the time now

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Um, may I suggest a compromise? Why doesn’t 50sGG give the name of the hospital, and a bill number? Goons can then call up, and say “I would like to make a payment to bill 85356789 please”. I’ve never had to prove my identity to pay a bill. Then goons know for sure it’s going to a hospital treatment. Yes, you might accidentally get doxxed. But if it saves your life, it should be no big deal.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Found my fingerprints on the murder weapon, you say? I'm sorry your honor, but I don't even know how fingerprints work :smuggo:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I understand on that case.

You're always free to text me, man. Take care of yourself.

50gg has a partner who could have posted updates on their behalf while OP was doped up in the hospital.

*several minutes later*

50s girl groupon posted:

I am not dodging the question how many times do I have to say I simply do not have an explanation for IP weirdness especially because I do not understand how that poo poo works.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

mom: we have QCS at home

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Going to text my wife some sweet posts to post for me (can't phone post)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

50s girl groupon posted:

Your honor, I'm not lying. Just look at this text between me and my friend months later talking about how I wasn't lying.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Legit bummed that Geek Squad aren’t even real geeks :(

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So every post made about being in the hospital was made by your partner at home and also you can't login to a website or find any paperwork sent home showing you were in an ICU for a week to send to Jeffrey?? This is story you're going with?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I gotta tell you, I was pretty bored today. Thanks OP. Where do I donate for the busking?

:munch:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

sharknado slashfic posted:

*several minutes later*

*sigh*

Text conversation happened before BBCT made a post.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm going to close my eyes and if $30k just happens to appear in my bank account, I say we call the whole thing off

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Domus posted:

Um, may I suggest a compromise? Why doesn’t 50sGG give the name of the hospital, and a bill number? Goons can then call up, and say “I would like to make a payment to bill 85356789 please”. I’ve never had to prove my identity to pay a bill. Then goons know for sure it’s going to a hospital treatment. Yes, you might accidentally get doxxed. But if it saves your life, it should be no big deal.

That would probably be a nightmare. Hospitals in the USA are notorious for wanting your insurance info, and treating patients very differently if they don't have insurance, or if their insurance doesn't cover something, even if the patient is financially wealthy and can pay the bill themselves without any problems.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Legit bummed that Geek Squad aren’t even real geeks :(

Please don't tell me they don't really have the best buys.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

STABASS posted:

I'm going to close my eyes and if $30k just happens to appear in my bank account, I say we call the whole thing off

lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

50s girl groupon posted:

*sigh*

Why wasn't that the first thing you said to Jeffrey when he asked?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

STABASS posted:

lol

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

This might be a real struggle given the reading comprehension demonstrated in this thread, but the people white knighting for OP are actually just making this ordeal into even more of a shitshow by posting. Sorry but despite your brainworms if you make a significant sum of money in donations from a community on the internet off your personal tragedy, and a few inconsistencies arise, the admins are well within their right to ask a few questions.

The OP could have avoided literally this whole thing by saying "my SO posted for me while I was in the hospital" and I don't think the admins have given any indication that they really wanted to look much harder than that at this travesty, but in typical goon fashion, OP chose to have a meltdown and post this thread, so

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Kild posted:

So every post made about being in the hospital was made by your partner at home and also you can't login to a website or find any paperwork sent home showing you were in an ICU for a week to send to Jeffrey?? This is story you're going with?

Some of my posts after my surgery were made by my wife who was allowed to visit me for one hour a day because of covid restrictions and before she left drugged up me would think maybe I should update people who are giving me money with what is happening to me.

Again, I’ve sent via PM everything I have. I don’t think I can ask the hospital if they held on to half of my lung to prove to internet strangers hell bent on hating me that I was in the hospital. Believe what you want.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

50s girl groupon posted:

*sigh*

See there you go, that wasn't so hard

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

(i can't wait any longer for season 2 it's driving me crazy)

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Tosk posted:

This might be a real struggle given the reading comprehension demonstrated in this thread, but the people white knighting for OP are actually just making this ordeal into even more of a shitshow by posting. Sorry but despite your brainworms if you make a significant sum of money in donations from a community on the internet off your personal tragedy, and a few inconsistencies arise, the admins are well within their right to ask a few questions.

The OP could have avoided literally this whole thing by saying "my SO posted for me while I was in the hospital" and I don't think the admins have given any indication that they really wanted to look much harder than that at this travesty, but in typical goon fashion, OP chose to have a meltdown and post this thread, so

I literally just wanted to say goodbye.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i have to apologise. i legit thought the op was a scammer until i saw this screencap

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Bula Vinaka posted:

(i can't wait any longer for season 2 it's driving me crazy)

I like to imagine Dylan collectively represents goons and Milchick is his conscience driving him to :justpost:

Tosk fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The ever changing story